Actually, it still will not be the same as having the Hub in BlackBerry 10.

1. Universal Search
    = in BlackBerry 10, universal search is deeply integrated with the Hub. With every message being able to be searched by the universal search, and to be opened in the hub from the search results. Since BlackBerry has no control over Android system wide search, it will be very hard to integrate that with universal search.

EDIT: I do not think there is such thing as a universal search in android. You have to go to each messaging app (text message, email app, etc) yourself to search for the message. Hahaha

Posted via CB10
    Actually Samsung has something just like Universal Search on Android. Their version is called S Finder. Works pretty well, searches text messages, emails, and anything else.

I was pretty surprised to find this on a Galaxy phone TBH.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 03:32 PM
    Keep in mind that this is about the BlackBerry Experience Suite, which was planned before the hybrid phone was even talked about. This would allow the productivity/security features of BlackBerry to be utilized as apps on Android (and potentially iOS) devices.
    BlackBerry outlines its cross-platform strategy with BlackBerry Experience Suite | CrackBerry.com.
    Correct. I am sure this has been posted somewhere else on Crackberry, but here is a report from March.

"Our goal is to be wherever our users need and want us, with our software suites, whether that's on an iPhone or a BlackBerry Classic," Chen said in the statement.

The next time you use BlackBerry, it might be on your iPhone.
    07-22-15 03:53 PM
    Things we'd like to know about the Experience Suite:

1. Is it essentially a launcher, an overlay to replace whatever Android UI is baked in on the phone?

2. Does the Hub automatically show email etc accounts that already have been set up, or does this have to be done separately? I'm thinking in terms of the Outlook app for Android, which is self-contained and must be set up even if you already have an outlook.com account on the phone.

3. Will it replace the Android notification pane, to the point where the pane is no longer there?
    I couldn't see a launcher doing this as it usually only works on the home screen rather than system wide. There are apps that use system wide gestures that open a 'widget', one in this case is an app called Snowball which allows you to swipe down from the top right of the screen to open a notification replacement. Blackberry could easily implement something similar but with the ability to reply.

Then there are what's implemented into ROMs. Samsungs TouchWiz allows you to open the side bar from anywhere and AOKP, a custom ROM, allows side bars to be opened which have apps and shortcuts available so this could be extended into an interactive notification shade. Whether this is possible as a standalone app I'm unsure.
    07-22-15 03:57 PM
    The bad thing? The HUB is an app, with an app icon If BlackBerry is really going Android I'm hoping it will integrate the hub the way it is on BB10 (ability to access it from everywhere with a gesture/swipe)!

Posted via CB10
    Everything on Android is an app.
    smart548 likes this.
    07-22-15 04:11 PM
    Should be talking about the slider.

Posted via CB10
    Should not be the slider

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    07-22-15 04:41 PM
    That is very true. I recently updated to a new lollipop yesterday and my entire device was crippled because I had to update my Google play. I literally couldn't do nothing on the device.

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    07-22-15 04:48 PM
    Which makes it so customizable. The a la carte system is what works for consumers and enterprise.
    07-22-15 04:55 PM
    Which makes it so customizable. The a la carte system is what works for consumers and enterprise.
    And successful OEMs like Samsung, Huawei, OnePlus, etc.

Gonna be real interesting to see the BlackBerry Experience suite as a precursor to an Android powered BlackBerry (assuming the rumours are true).

What I'd like to see ported over from BB10: The Hub, Quick Settings, Universal Search, Active Frames (if that's possible), VKB / Passport Swipe on Letters for prediction, BlackBerry Blend, Remote File Access (without Link, add it to Blend, lol). On the hardware end: if they do a slider, the angled surface keyboard implementation, touch capacitive (functions as a trackpad), and pkb actions / shortcuts.

I'd add also like Selective App Permissions, but if Google M's implementation is the same as BlackBerry / Apple, I'm fine with that.
    07-22-15 05:16 PM
    That may be true, but that's not what Inichols said. I was looking for him to back up what he said. I know there are Android haters, but those do not seem to be the ones that are accepting of a possible BlackBerry Android device in this thread. There are also plenty of CrackBerry members that prefer BlackBerry devices, but are not necessarily "haters and bashers" of Android. Ideally, BB10 would flourish and we could have it all. If not, the BlackBerry "experience" on Android could be the best they might get.
    I prefer BB10 over Android. If I can't have that (because it is not sustainable), I will take a look at the next best thing. The Android way always seemed messy to me - I love the structure of the Hub. Maybe if enough of the BB10 experience can be brought to Android, it won't be so bad. I really don't know. But I don't have "hate" for Android - and I never did. iOS is the least appealing to me.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. The users hoping for the android rumors to be true are not the "android haters" and people who didn't care about apps. As much as some like to group all of us Crackberry users together, there are many opinions and preferences.

The original comment was baseless and argumentative.

Posted via CB10
    mode_m likes this.
    07-22-15 05:31 PM
59 123