10-08-16 06:19 PM
585 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Will 10.3.3 support a better Android Runtime?

Might sell my priv and go with the passport se.
    Sure....soon, later, later this year, commitment, next fiscal year!!
    09-28-16 08:29 AM

Nope

Posted via CB10 on My BlackBerry Passport SE Running 10.3.2.2876
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    Does this kill any hope for another PKB?

Posted via CB10

no
    09-28-16 08:31 AM

NO - 10.3.3 is a minor maintenance release at best. fixes and security update.

Passport SE might be the last real BlackBerry every sold.... a "true" collectors item. But it's functionality is not going to compare with a modern Android or iOS phone that has full apps support.
    Don't see a BlackBerry Mercury/Rome being built... won't be ordered, distributed, supported or warranteed by BlackBerry. But if TCL, Samsung, HTC or Ben and Jerry's or another OEM would like to build a BlackBerry "branded" (and licensed) PKB phone... they are certainly free to do so under BlackBerry's licensing requirements.

Fully expect that the Indonesian group will build a PKB phone... why else license BlackBerry? Just not sure how easy it will be to get outside of Indonesia.
    Hang about, are you saying that you don't think BlackBerry phones are going to have world wide release anymore? That the Indonesian company that's going to make the phone's is only going to sell them in indonesia?

--Classic, 9700, Playbook, flip - posted using crackberry app --
    Hang about, are you saying that you don't think BlackBerry phones are going to have world wide release anymore? That the Indonesian company that's going to make the phone's is only going to sell them in indonesia?

I would imagine ShopBlackberry would have them available.
    09-28-16 08:34 AM
    So, basically, they are the new Kodak. Look where they are now as far as consumer market.

Posted via CB10
    Hey.... New picture.
    Oh no, shop BlackBerry won't let us Aussies buy directly from them. We have to use mail forwarding agencies.

Gee whiz they make it hard sometimes, but I still keep buying BlackBerry!

09-28-16 08:36 AM
    Had to happen sooner or later. Just have to move on.

I welcome my stalker
    09-28-16 08:40 AM
    Its a sad day for a lot of the Blackberry purist out there, but as a business person myself, Chen has done exactly what he said he would do if the hardware business could not make a profit and he has made this clear many times. I for one think they can now price their products more in line with their competitors, now they have a working arrangement with TCL. They are still tops in security, so why not market that into their Android based OS devices, as long as they are making money on the software side and are still solvent, thats fine by me.

As far as OS10 is concerned, not beating a dead horse here, but that was doomed a long time ago folks, so for me, I will accept the new Android based OS and continue to support the brand as best I can here in the USA. I have always used to same saying when I have had to adapt to changing times, you either roll with them, or get rolled over. Just my two cents.
    09-28-16 08:41 AM
    The licensing deal sounded like it was only for Indonesia.... Chen did mention they were in talks with manufactures that would handle two other markets. But nothing globally it sounded like.

But no... I don't think you are going to see any licensing deal that covers one device being sold world wide. As there are few OEMs that have the reach to sell, distribute and support hardware world wide. And those that can, have their own Brand and probably aren't interested in BlackBerry. Plus someone has already bought what might be the most lucrative market for the BlackBerry "brand".

And Chen made it sound like BlackBerry would be out of the hardware business by the end of the fiscal year....
    09-28-16 08:41 AM
    Hey.... New picture.
    Where you get it? Lol
    09-28-16 08:43 AM
    Well it's end of an era. Anyone want
    Two blackberry q10 devices and a classic? That's my stash. Haha

Problem with their mercury model or any future keyboard phone if they make one is that the screen is so massive compared to their older pkb phones. The apps world has made it so every phone needs a huge amount of screen real estate. More like 70/30 breakdown of screen to keyboard. Or even 80/20. The older phones were closer to 50/50. But that's over now. To me the classic is the last real blackberry qwerty phone ever made.
    09-28-16 08:44 AM
    It was obvious that this was going to happen. I'm glad they are still around as a company, and if they want to put their logo on a Android phone and bring on the hub features, I'm great with that too. I'm still going to be using a Q10, and the Dtek50. If they stopped devices all together, I would still use the BlackBerry services on some other Android phone. They are doing the best they can, considering the circumstances over the past few years.
    09-28-16 08:45 AM
    Well well pick your religion and you are set!
    BlackBerry to exit hardware business-shit-happenes.jpg by the way...
    Get on with it!

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    09-28-16 08:48 AM
    Well it's end of an era. Anyone want
    Two blackberry q10 devices and a classic? That's my stash. Haha

Problem with their mercury model or any future keyboard phone if they make one is that the screen is so massive compared to their older pkb phones. The apps world has made it so every phone needs a huge amount of screen real estate. More like 70/30 breakdown of screen to keyboard. Or even 80/20. The older phones were closer to 50/50. But that's over now. To me the classic is the last real blackberry qwerty phone ever made.
    But I think it's consumers that wanted the screen real estate.... to see the apps, books, pictures and videos all the better my dear.

Too me a slider gives the best of both worlds... but in the end I think most just learned to keep it closed. The future of keyboard phones was decided back in 2007 when Apple released the iPhone, and Google quickly saw that as they changed their 1st phone from a PKB to an all touch.
    09-28-16 08:50 AM
    Where you get it? Lol
    Mondoblackberry just posted it.
    09-28-16 08:51 AM
    Where you get it? Lol
    BlackBerry Central watermark...
    09-28-16 08:52 AM
    In the countries where ShopblackBerry Doesn't exist?

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-28-16 08:53 AM
    Finally some redemption.

Going to Android also didn't saved BlackBerry

party time.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-16 08:55 AM
    In the countries where ShopblackBerry Doesn't exist?

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Get an iPhone or samsung BlackBerry is dead my friend

Posted via CB10
    09-28-16 08:56 AM
    Mmmm... like everyone else i'm still thinking this through, and it's the bands that i'm querying now. Currently BlackBerry has regions and the bands are appropriate to that region - so we have to wonder, and hope that this Indonesian mob will also continue this practice.

09-28-16 08:57 AM
    Hey.... New picture.
    Oh God!! You're gonna make me cry.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-16 08:59 AM
585 ... 23456 ...