And what in BlackBerry 10 was supposed to replace that revenue stream ??

Posted via CB10
    The BIS revenue stream has no equivalent with modern smartphones. This is why they had to double down with Enterprise Mobility management.

The Blackberry developers who have worked on BES over the years, and are now integrating Good Dynamics into that framework, would take issue with your statement the Blackberry has developed nothing.

I would also note, that the acquisition of Good was a stroke of brilliant negotiation and foresight. That didn't happen by itself. The Mobility Management space is now a two-horse race, blackberry and Airwatch.
    10-05-16 08:39 AM
    I dont think anyone is saying he created anything except the opportunity for Blackberry to survive in some way.
    The old administration was the one that caused the issues.
    Chen saved the company but at steep costs
    The alternative would have been no more Blackbery at all if it had carried on the way it was

Thats the bottom line
    The bottom line is BlackBerry is history now. Like it or not Chen was responsible for that.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackbrry fan; 10-07-16 at 07:27 AM.
    10-05-16 08:41 AM
    The BIS revenue stream has no equivalent with modern smartphones. This is why they had to double down with Enterprise Mobility management.

The Blackberry developers who have worked on BES over the years, and are now integrating Good Dynamics into that framework, would take issue with your statement the Blackberry has developed nothing.

I would also note, that the acquisition of Good was a stroke of brilliant negotiation and foresight. That didn't happen by itself. The Mobility Management space is now a two-horse race, blackberry and Airwatch.
    I repeat under Chen BlackBerry has crested NOTHING like it or not it's a FACT. Any ***** could have done the acquisition. Spinning otherwise would be very inaccurate.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-16 08:43 AM

Brilliant negotiations lol. Please! ! Chen put the final nails in the coffin of BlackBerry. Stick a fork in it. They are DONE. Take issue all they want, BES was NOT Chen's.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-16 08:46 AM
    I repeat under Chen BlackBerry has crested NOTHING like it or not it's a FACT. Any ***** could have done the acquisition. Spinning otherwise would be very inaccurate.

Posted via CB10
    Fact? I just gave you an example. I can give you many more.
    10-05-16 08:46 AM
    Fact? I just gave you an example. I can give you many more.
    CHEN has done NOTHING for BlackBerry. Read the last Financials, REMOVE the earnings from the revenues obtained, by according to you, foresight and genius of acquisitions under Chen. See what you find. And no don't include the losses from hardware. Focus on the true picture of what BlackBerry has come to. Without the captive clientele of Good 's acquisition how much did Chen build BlackBerry by??

Posted via CB10
    10-05-16 08:53 AM
    Oh boy...
    10-05-16 09:06 AM
    CHEN has done NOTHING for BlackBerry. Read the last Financials, REMOVE the earnings from the revenues obtained, by according to you, foresight and genius of acquisitions under Chen. See what you find. And no don't include the losses from hardware. Focus on the true picture of what BlackBerry has come to. Without the captive clientele of Good 's acquisition how much did Chen build BlackBerry by??

Posted via CB10
    You seem upset. I do think Chen is a bit overrated myself. Actually he is probably one of the reasons devices don't sell. Everyone he speaks, he sends the wrong messages which leads to media proclaiming everything dead then BlackBerry and him have to spend a couple of weeks doing interviews and tweeting so he can explain what he really meant. He should never be allowed to speak publicly ever. It's the same song and dance every single time.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by ray689; 10-05-16 at 09:33 AM.
    Sairos and Bbnivende like this.
    10-05-16 09:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    Why is building a company via acquisition and integration not a viable strategy? If you don't have the in-house ability, or sufficient time to develop it, you buy it. As the company pivots, the workforce needs to pivot too.

Setting objectives, and getting there in the most cost effective way, is part of good leadership.

Putting together a portfolio of security offerings like BES/Good, SecureSmart, AtHoc, radar tracking, IoT, QNX Auto, etc IS building.
    Last edited by conite; 10-05-16 at 09:28 AM.
    10-05-16 09:17 AM
    Why is building a company via acquisition and integration not a viable strategy? If you don't have the in-house ability, or sufficient time to develop it, you buy it. As the company pivots, the workforce needs to pivot too.

Setting objectives, and getting there in the most cost effective way, is part of good leadership.

Putting together a portfolio of security offerings like BES/Good, SecureSmart, AtHoc, radar tracking, IoT, QNX Auto, etc IS building.
    The main problem it they can't build faster than they are shrinking.... That and the simple fact that most folks here care very little about that stuff, as hardware was the reason CrackBerry came into being. Thus the frustration about the situation.
    10-05-16 09:47 AM
    The main problem it they can't build faster than they are shrinking.... That and the simple fact that most folks here care very little about that stuff, as hardware was the reason CrackBerry came into being. Thus the frustration about the situation.
    Agreed.
    10-05-16 09:55 AM
    You seem upset. I do think Chen is a bit overrated myself. Actually he is probably one of the reasons devices don't sell. Everyone he speaks, he sends the wrong messages which leads to media proclaiming everything dead then BlackBerry and him have to spend a couple of weeks doing interviews and tweeting so he can explain what he really meant. He should never be allowed to speak publicly ever. It's the same song and dance every single time.

Chen used the company's resources in the most strategic way possible. His acquisitions were all very important and ended up being a success (with a few still pending to reach their prime). The acquisition of Good was even more important as they were viewed as a competitor and for $425 Mil, they're a steal. All the acquisitions have solidified BlackBerry's competitive position. And even after all these acquisitions they still have a lot of money in cash for a company in their size.

They've build many capabilities in new segments and all the capabilities they've acquired from the new acquisitions were aligned perfectly with BlackBerry's already existing capabilities. It's an important strategic move to acquire things you're missing from the market through actions similar to what they've done.

Look how Microsoft fluffed $7Bil+ on Nokia and what he has done with the little money had. Ha and Satya Nadella still gets to stay. Imagine if you gave Chen the same kind of firepower & resources. I give Chen 10/10 in everything he has done in this regard, absolutely a job well done.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    10-05-16 10:04 AM

Upset?? As a consumer disappointed, as a BES Client disgusted, as an Investor Holding stock I'm p***ing mad.

Chen, apart from the mixed messages has stripped BlackBerry of everything that made BlackBerry. Conite the previous poster speaks of the remaining employees being offended by my comments but what I want to say is what remaining employees?? The cleaner?? All the talent at BlackBerry has gone . Chen stripped BlackBerry of its core competences and is now just a composite MDM provider.

Chen was a mistake bottom line he was and is not a good fit for once was a leader in Technology and Innovation. What is left is a shell of its former self, all the spins made here on Hi behalf is a waste of time.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-16 10:12 AM
    Chen used the company's resources in the most strategic way possible. His acquisitions were all very important and ended up being a success (with a few still pending to reach their prime). The acquisition of Good was even more important as they were viewed as a competitor and for $425 Mil, they're a steal. All the acquisitions have solidified BlackBerry's competitive position. And even after all these acquisitions they still have a lot of money in cash for a company in their size.

They've build many capabilities in new segments and all the capabilities they've acquired from the new acquisitions were aligned perfectly with BlackBerry's already existing capabilities. It's an important strategic move to acquire things you're missing from the market through actions similar to what they've done.

Look how Microsoft fluffed $7Bil+ on Nokia and what he has done with the little money had. Ha and Satya Nadella still gets to stay. Imagine if you gave Chen the same kind of firepower & resources. I give Chen 10/10 in everything he has done in this regard, absolutely a job well done.
    Apart from the worst PR right? If he was to shutdown hardware he should have done it after the passport. He spent all the resources for the android then did none marketing. What did he expect? This was over when he said the Priv runs Google. By looking at the latest CEOs of big companies, Chen is an accountant. Could be a good CFO or auditer. But he has no vision.
    10-05-16 10:14 AM

It's a viable strategy ONLY if you maintain your core competences. Pivot is the new buzz word for destroy.

All the building you speak of isn't BUILDING, it's putting lip stick on a pig and saying how beautiful. ( no offense to pigs!)

Posted via CB10
    10-05-16 10:16 AM
    Most folks here care very little about that stuff, as hardware was the reason CrackBerry came into being. Thus the frustration about the situation.
    Yeah so lets not expect them to understand and applaud. A BlackBerry fan would be very disappointed in terms of what happened to the hardware because that's what he identifies BB with. In turn this would get the fan to dislike Chen immensely, also understandable. I would personally blast him for pages in terms of how he performed in hardware but to say he hasn't done well in everything else is simply nonsense.
    TgeekB and anon(3641385) like this.
    10-05-16 10:16 AM
    Apart from the worst PR right? If he was to shutdown hardware he should have done it after the passport. He spent all the resources for the android then did none marketing. What did he expect? This was over when he said the Priv runs Google. By looking at the latest CEOs of big companies, Chen is an accountant. Could be a good CFO or auditer. But he has no vision.
    Did I talk about Hardware now? Did I? No. See my post up there where I say my opinion about him in hardware. Actually see my thread in which I did nothing but blast him in hardware: http://forums.crackberry.com/general...-secs-1087369/

I'm as pissed as you're, even more in terms of what happened with the hardware. But if the company survives then well done to him. It was quite the tough job.
    10-05-16 10:19 AM
    It's a viable strategy ONLY if you maintain your core competences. Pivot is the new buzz word for destroy.

All the building you speak of isn't BUILDING, it's putting lip stick on a pig and saying how beautiful. ( no offense to pigs!)

Posted via CB10
    BES/Good was the culmination of much internal development, acquisition, and integration. It is now rated the top EMM platform in the world.

I would not call this accomplishment "putting lipstick on a pig". I would say that this is certainly building upon a core competence.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    10-05-16 10:26 AM
    BES/Good was the culmination of much internal development, acquisition, and integration. It is now rated the top EMM platform in the world.

I would not call this accomplishment "putting lipstick on a pig". I would say that this is certainly building upon a core competence.
    I'm not against the acquisition. just don't paint it as Chen's "accomplishment" or building competences. It's NOT. How many of the Good Technology clients would have switched to BlackBerry on their own volition?? He as CEO has accomplished or achieved NOTHING. What he has sewn is distrust and discontent.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-16 10:33 AM
    Did I talk about Hardware now? Did I? No. See my post up there where I say my opinion about him in hardware. Actually see my thread in which I did nothing but blast him in hardware: http://forums.crackberry.com/general...-secs-1087369/

I'm as pissed as you're, even more in terms of what happened with the hardware. But if the company survives then well done to him. It was quite the tough job.
    Well I expect a CEO to lean on every aspect of the company. He is not a software guy either believe me. He is good with numbers. Can you imagine a CEO of a mobile handset and software company not knowing the name of Android? He will fail on the long term. The lack of vision will hit BlackBerry when they'll need to compete. My 2 cents.

By the way Sony's handset division was bleeding bad too. They broke even this year. Don't say the sell camera sensors because that is another division not in the handsets.
    10-05-16 10:34 AM
    I'm not against the acquisition. just don't paint it as Chen's "accomplishment" or building competences. It's NOT. How many of the Good Technology clients would have switched to BlackBerry on their own volition?? He as CEO has accomplished or achieved NOTHING. What he has sewn is distrust and discontent.

Posted via CB10
    So who DID negotiate and subsequently acquire and integrate Good into BES? If it's not Chen's accomplishment, then whose is it?
    10-05-16 10:38 AM
    So who DID negotiate and subsequently acquire and integrate Good into BES? If it's not Chen's accomplishment, then whose is it?
    Any id*** with half a brain could have done that, it's NOT an achievement. It's a desperate move motivated by necessity rather than genius.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-16 10:44 AM
    You say that like it's a bad thing. I miss blackberry too but I rather have it in hospital wishing it a return to health from the android illness than visit the graveyard from bb10 death.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-16 10:50 AM
    Any id*** with half a brain could have done that, it's NOT an achievement. It's a desperate move motivated by necessity rather than genius.

Posted via CB10
    I think you are being a bit disingenuous.

Chen scooped it up at a firesale price under the noses of his competitors.
    TgeekB and DaDaDogg like this.
    10-05-16 10:53 AM
    I think you are being a bit disingenuous.

Chen scooped it up at a firesale price under the noses of his competitors.
    Convince yourself of that. It's a bitter pill, I know , to swallow.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-16 10:55 AM
585 ... 1920212223 ...