With BB10 surely my vote is in but if it's for Android then NO.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 04:28 AM
    Get used to it: bb10 is dead. Sorry....
    10-01-16 05:32 AM
    Get used to it: bb10 is dead. Sorry....
    And so is BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 06:36 AM
    So BlackBerry handset didn't bloom because their Lack of Apps.
    Why didn't BlackBerry paid to Developers for developing popular social apps, Banking apps, Office apps.??

Because may be John Chen didn't thought for consumers who rule the smartphone market rather then the corporates and Govt. Or medical sectors. He thought people over these sectors doesn't need snapchat, instagram, and more. If he had concentrated more on developing apps for bb10 and advertise ' Look we have all the apps and the most secure OS ' things might been different. I won't say it would be game changer but it would be a good move.

They don't have to build 2/3 phones every year running #BB10, One phone a Year with bb10 with continues update and lots of common apps, and good marketing and advertising would have let them in handset business.

BlackBerry didn't kept patience enough to trust their own strong hold. Chen came, saw loosing money on bb10, he said lets go Android. He thought be going android people would jump over BlackBerry as they have android. Soon they saw Android venture failed they came out and announce of Handset division done for.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry did try to pay developers for apps, they weren't interested because they were already busy enough developing for the 2 major OS's that had already been successful. BlackBerry was losing market share so why would they?
    Elephant_Canyon and JeepBB like this.
    10-01-16 06:51 AM
    I wonder if Samsung would be willing to take a crack at a touch capacitive PKB in 2017? They did release that 'snap on' accessory...

I doubt they'd be interested in licensing the whole BlackBerry package but the PKB design is very nice, not sure if the touch capacitive aspect is considered IP as well. Given that Samsung is a hardware behemoth, it might be something they'd consider with BlackBerry's effective exit from the field. And given the brand name (despite recent explosive troubles), it would be an easier sell, imho. AND, BlackBerry could just license The Hub, etc on Google Play (and include PKB shortcuts that are already built in).

If anyone has the resources and can build it cheaply, it's Samsung. They make phones for all other markets, so why not give it a shot?
    10-01-16 09:47 AM
    I wonder if Samsung would be willing to take a crack at a touch capacitive PKB in 2017? They did release that 'snap on' accessory...
    You know that thing isn't really a keyboard right... just a bunch of poles that poke onto the screen.
    10-01-16 10:51 AM
    The hideous Samsung slab KB. VKB is the present and the future, they might even have us use our voice full time instead of a touch-screen. Going forward, our hopes are on BB's licensing partners or the mercury.
    10-01-16 10:55 AM
    You know that thing isn't really a keyboard right... just a bunch of poles that poke onto the screen.
    Yes, and it's ugly as sin. Hence why I threw out the thought of Samsung building a PKB device using BlackBerry's IP.
    10-01-16 10:58 AM
    http://www.itbusiness.ca/news/blackb...rket-coo/80306

Extremely interesting and reassuring
    Sorry if this has already been posted
    He goes on to say you might see BB10 on another device
    Even said that employees would go visit the partner offices to help with the phones.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    10-01-16 12:10 PM
    BlackBerry brand won?t go missing from smartphone market: COO | IT Business

Extremely interesting and reassuring
    Sorry if this has already been posted
    He goes on to say you might see BB10 on another device
    Even said that employees would go visit the partner offices to help with the phones.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Welp, hope it works out for them, I'd prefer to get the full BlackBerry experience (or as close as possible). As long as they release the Mercury in the new year, I'm pretty golden for the next few years anyway.
    10-01-16 12:14 PM
    Notice he mentions in reference to BlackBerry 10 that

�I wouldn�t be surprised to see the software in another device,� he says. �But I couldn�t tell you when or where.�

This is why people believe BlackBerry 10 could come back this is straight from the horses mouth so to speak.

They really do send so many mixed signals.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 12:27 PM
    Welp, hope it works out for them, I'd prefer to get the full BlackBerry experience (or as close as possible). As long as they release the Mercury in the new year, I'm pretty golden for the next few years anyway.
    I believe Chen has already showed the device(Mercury) to a few carriers and is waiting for their response to decide whether to go ahead with it or not
    But I could be wrong Ofcourse

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    10-01-16 12:28 PM
    Notice he mentions in reference to BlackBerry 10 that

�I wouldn�t be surprised to see the software in another device,� he says. �But I couldn�t tell you when or where.�

This is why people believe BlackBerry 10 could come back this is straight from the horses mouth so to speak.

They really do send so many mixed signals.

Posted via CB10
    Another issue as well., more like straight from the donkeys mouth. Too many mixed signaled messages. He says X today and tomorrow it's not only a Y but the Entire alphabet subsequently.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 01:19 PM
    Well when the COO and general manager of devices says he wouldn't be surprised to see BlackBerry 10 in a new device it's not unreasonable to think one might be coming.

Who on Crackberry would have more knowledge than him

As crazy as this all sounds!

Posted via CB10
    SMocek likes this.
    10-01-16 01:42 PM
    Well when the COO and general manager of devices says he wouldn't be surprised to see BlackBerry 10 in a new device it's not unreasonable to think one might be coming.

Posted via CB10
    Give it up... BlackBerry words are just that words. ..BlackBerry themselves have no knowledge of what's happening at BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 01:50 PM
    Give it up?

It's too much fun!

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 01:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    corporate gibberish, means nothing. if he does not know what's in the pipeline, who the hell at BB does ?
    10-01-16 01:54 PM
    I don't think it's gibberish not coming from someone at that level it was not a completely vague statement.

We shall see.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 02:01 PM
    I don't think it's gibberish not coming from someone at that level it was not a completely vague statement.

We shall see.

Posted via CB10
    OK it's not gibberish it's utter Balderdash .

Posted via CB10
    last_attempt, TgeekB and TGR1 like this.
    10-01-16 02:22 PM

We shall see.

Posted via CB10
    It was and is being done on purpose so as many people as possible will buy up BB10 devices while they convert to a software company. It seems to be working.
    StephanieMaks and GWooster like this.
    10-01-16 02:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    Who is going to license Bb10 - the operating system that cost billions, wiped out shareholder value and never turned a dime of profit?

Why would they just set fire to a big bonfire of their money?
    JeepBB and GadgetTravel like this.
    10-01-16 02:35 PM
    I know but he said it. Maybe one last BlackBerry 10 for the few millions that still like them?

I don't know... but he said it.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 02:39 PM
    There could be a dishwasher running iOS. Who knows? I couldn't tell you when or where though.
    GWooster likes this.
    10-01-16 02:41 PM
    Who is going to license Bb10 - the operating system that cost billions, wiped out shareholder value and never turned a dime of profit?

Why would they just set fire to a big bonfire of their money?
    I wonder if he means re-purposing the OS somehow for other types of devices. Like Palm's WebOS now runs on LG TVs?
    10-01-16 02:43 PM
    I wonder if he means re-purposing the OS somehow for other types of devices. Like Palm's WebOS now runs on LG TVs?
    That might make more sense.
    10-01-16 03:29 PM
585 ... 1516171819 ...