Man, all we need is BBRY to license their keyboard to any of the good manufacturers Huwaei, HTC, Motorola or even Samsung (they did build a tablet together)
    Physical or virtual?
    09-28-16 10:24 AM
    I just don't feel like we know enough, that there are still too many questions and very little information provided.
    Listening to the earnings it seems pretty straightforward - if WANGTECH wants to license to make a Blackberry branded phone for the US, there will be a phone. If nobody wants to license for that market, there will be no phone.

Yes you can import a NOGTECH Blackberry phone from Indonesia - but you'll have no warranty or support from WANGTECH and likely NOGTECH will tell you to get stuff if you are in the US.
    09-28-16 10:25 AM
    People complain about the move to Android. But they now actually have something to licence! That would not have occurred had they still been stuck on BB10.

They have actually rescued value in their device technologies.
    em.. let's see how many licensing agreements we get and how long they last - for all we know the crew in Indonesia got it for next to nothing just to demonstrate the model.
    09-28-16 10:26 AM
    Physical or virtual?
    Both but I prefer the physical
    09-28-16 10:26 AM
    Both but I prefer the physical
    Virtual is Swiftkey, nothing terribly new there.
    09-28-16 10:31 AM
    Saw the CNBC interview guess Chen states hardware production costs was $400 -$500 million per year in house. BlackBerry will get royalties on partnered devices going forward. They also want to keep all current patents. He said he thinks that innovative hardware is not enough to differentiate anymore, as the software component is more important to differentiate going. forward.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-16 10:31 AM
    according to this they "broke even"

http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_16036/cont...tguid=pm5LZRd3

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-28-16 10:34 AM
    according to this they "broke even"

http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_16036/cont...tguid=pm5LZRd3

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    That's the whole company, not devices.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    09-28-16 10:43 AM
    http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/09...edium=facebook

This was so heart breaking for me to read.

 BlackBerry Passport 
    09-28-16 10:44 AM
    http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/09...edium=facebook

This was so heart breaking for me to read.

 BlackBerry Passport 
    Mine too. Especially this.

�Again, this doesn�t mean you won�t see new BlackBerry smartphones. It does suggest that you might not see the sort of unique devices that were built in-house, however.�
    09-28-16 10:47 AM
    Mine too. Especially this.

�Again, this doesn�t mean you won�t see new BlackBerry smartphones. It does suggest that you might not see the sort of unique devices that were built in-house, however.�
    That is what I am worried about. Their designs and quality was excellent.

 BlackBerry Passport 
    09-28-16 10:51 AM
    It's sad that BlackBerry didn't release an android phone with a keyboard so they never got to know if there is a niche in the Android hardware business they could fit in.

they misunderstood the lack of success with the PRIV. It didn't fail because of its keyboard, it just failed because it lacked build quality, was totally overpriced and the outdated slider design...

bottom line: I'm 10000% sure that there is a market demand for android physical keyboard phones of about 1 mio devices....

I still hope that they realize that and release a BlackBerry Mercury/Rome phone later this (fiscal) year..

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    How many Android phones with physical keyboards have to sit in stores collecting dust in order for you to believe that the demand isn't there? Over several years and across several OEMs, phones with physical keyboards have not sold well.
    09-28-16 10:59 AM
    How many Android phones with physical keyboards have to sit in stores collecting dust in order for you to believe that the demand isn't there? Over several years and across several OEMs, phones with physical keyboards have not sold well.
    Never seen an ad. People didn't know they even existed. .
    09-28-16 11:04 AM
    So is it still worth buying the Priv?
    What has really changed? You'll still get a supported device and you will see security updates for quite a while.
    09-28-16 11:06 AM
    I'm assuming thats a joke

But there is a tiny demand for a PKB in Android circles, unfortunately not a Blackberry one.
    And not enough to make any profit or to bother with.

Got to laugh at the people blaming Chen
    He had an impossible task and performed admirably
    Without him this news would have come much earlier
    09-28-16 11:11 AM
    You do realize that Hyundai makes better cars then chev... just saying.
    Well, I have a GM 2004 Pontiac Grand Priv GT with 434,000 miles on the original motor. So, I'd beg to differ on your point.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    09-28-16 11:18 AM
    There were tons of Ads. The 1st most popular Android the Moto Droid (known as Milestone internationally) had a keyboard. Htc, Sony Ericsson and Samsung had keyboard versions of flagships, but in 2011 it became evident that most of the market didn't care for keyboards.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    09-28-16 11:20 AM
    This is shocking! There were no signs that this might happen.

Posted via CB10 with my awesome Passport
    ubizmo, JeepBB and Witmen like this.
    09-28-16 11:21 AM
    3) when 10.3.3 in india???
    Too expensive.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-28-16 11:26 AM
    Demand implies that people will seek out the product. The DROID # series of phones was marketed well and sold somewhat, but I would not call the sales "strong" and conclude that there was a high level of market demand for phones with physical keyboards.
    The end of an era. I'll remember fondly some of those devices, going back to the RIM email devices, pre-phone models. Thanks and good luck.
    Demand implies that people will seek out the product. The DROID # series of phones was marketed well and sold somewhat, but I would not call the sales "strong" and conclude that there was a high level of market demand for phones with physical keyboards.
    Why not produce the amount the market needs? Stable income.
    09-28-16 11:30 AM
    Why not produce the amount the market needs? Stable income.
    and how much does the market need....
    09-28-16 11:32 AM
    and how much does the market need....
    Well BB10 made over 1 mil in a year. It would be easier for BlackBerry to figure out.

Moreover most of pkb enthusiasts are people with income. If it was me, by looking at my past pkb sales figures I would produce top notch specced (note 7 kind) pkb and charge an iPhone 7 plus price. Before leaving the handset I would definitely try that. If fails then no worries. Just leave the hardware.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    09-28-16 11:35 AM
    I am happy that I didn't buy the Priv, I was thinking about it. I still like my Z10 & Passport. It is time to move on. Google's Pixel XL is coming out soon.
    09-28-16 11:37 AM
585 ... 45678 ...