I just don't feel like we know enough, that there are still too many questions and very little information provided.

I guess more information will be released but gee I hope it's sooner rather than later.

It's most strange because I feel quite upset, and i'm finding that a strange experience to feel over a phone! It's like a part of the way I live my life has changed and I really didn't expect to feel anything at all, let alone upset! First world problem, eh!

Edit - to put it perspective, I've had BlackBerry since 2008.

--Classic, 9700, Playbook, flip - posted using crackberry app --
    09-28-16 09:04 AM
    I would think the best bet for a future pkb device is through the partnership with the Indonesian company that they announced today.
    Well, I hope so
    09-28-16 09:20 AM
    I just don't feel like we know enough, that there are still too many questions and very little information provided.

I guess more information will be released but gee I hope it's sooner rather than later.

It's most strange because I feel quite upset, and i'm finding that a strange experience to feel over a phone! It's like a part of the way I live my life has changed and I really didn't expect to feel anything at all, let alone upset! First world problem, eh!

Edit - to put it perspective, I've had BlackBerry since 2008.

--Classic, 9700, Playbook, flip - posted using crackberry app --
    Too be honest.. I'm not sure even BlackBerry is fully sure about it yet.

At one point Chen started talking about they had the option to pick up distribution of any BlackBerry's built under the Indosines partnership.. but someone else said something to him and he changed it to they were pretty much out of the distribution business.
    09-28-16 09:26 AM
    So does that mean they will design a phone and have someone else manufacturer it? I don't think that is what they are saying. Seems more like if there are to be any more BB phones they'll be off the shelf from an OEM and BB branded and include BB software. Wasn't there one like that already?
    Yep...and I'm good with that. Otherwise I guess I could just post more negativity we have seen here over the past couple of years.

I really don't care where the phone is made, who designed it , as long as it's BlackBerry "security" going into it.

Chen has been spot on with his Android dates, so I have to believe that N will be in line with BB10 security ( whatever security means) in no time.
    09-28-16 09:30 AM
    Whatever the intent of the comments were, the message that has gotten out is "Blackberry to exit phone business after 372 million quarterly loss."

I don't know where the board found Chen, but he has to be one of the most incompetent CEOS around.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-16 09:30 AM
    Would BlackBerry under Mike/Jim or Thorsten Heins be having a Q2 fiscal 2017 earnings report?
    And a hush fills the room.
    zephyr613 and JeepBB like this.
    09-28-16 09:31 AM
    Yeah most of us who use BlackBerry devices. I feel for the employees but I don't care if BlackBerry exists as a fleet monitoring software security company.
    Most of those employees are gone. I felt bad for them then....but I'm sure they have moved on
    09-28-16 09:32 AM
    Horrible!👎

🔥 📶
    09-28-16 09:35 AM
    When they went to Android and reference designs... it was over.

Today's announcement just make it a little more clear.

You will be able to buy future BlackBerry branded hardware (not much different than the DTEK line is now), to begin with it might be Indonesian hardware.... with warranty and support via what ever distribution channel they come up with. (probable just on your own outside of Indonesia).
    So if they are licensing hardware and don't actually have some input into the hardware... we could see a flurry of low-grade crap.
    09-28-16 09:39 AM
    Crackberry: "I'm tired of the runaround! Just tell us officially that there won't be anymore bb10 phones!"

BlackBerry : "we will no longer be making phones."

Crackberry : "OMFGWTFIHATEYOUCHENWORSTCEOEVERRRRRRRR"

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    I'm pretty sure it was clear over a year ago that bb10 is dead. Don't take me as a hater, bb10 was the best OS on the planet that never received app support .

Stock up on bb10 devices, ride it for as long as you can if you enjoy it, otherwise its time to grab a BlackBerry Android device.

Man, I thought a lot of people grumbled about going from bbos 7 to bb10....resistance is strong
    09-28-16 09:39 AM
    So if they are licensing hardware and don't actually have some input into the hardware... we could see a flurry of low-grade crap.
    Chen said something about "guidelines" that the licensee would have to follow... I think BlackBerry has a vested interest in keeping the brand in tact.
    09-28-16 09:48 AM
    And a hush fills the room.
    This has been answered. The board of BlackBerry are bunch of morons. Picking embecile CEOs constantly.

And yes I am pretty smart.
    09-28-16 09:49 AM
    Passport the last real blackberry
    09-28-16 09:49 AM
    So, will there be a sale of the vaunted hardware patents? There was talk that they would be worth billions. If BlackBerry isn't making any hardware then does enforcing them make them a patent troll?
    09-28-16 09:52 AM
    Chen said something about "guidelines" that the licensee would have to follow... I think BlackBerry has a vested interest in keeping the brand in tact.
    Unless I missed something - if nobody decides to license (outside of the partnership we know of), there will be no BBRY initiated phones - I haven't listened to the earnings calls yet so they might discussed it there?
    09-28-16 09:53 AM
    So, will there be a sale of the vaunted hardware patents? There was talk that they would be worth billions. If BlackBerry isn't making any hardware then does enforcing them make them a patent troll?

Chen was asked about selling off things... he said no, it may take longer but he was looking at licensing at this time.

He did mention they sold a 10,000 sq ft, Tier3-ready data center facility in Mississauga, Ontario.
    09-28-16 10:00 AM
    10000 sq ft is rather small.. few homes at that size

Posted via CB10
    09-28-16 10:02 AM
    And yet at least two things will continue to happen.
    1) People will try to read between the lines to try and convince themselves that BB is still sort of making phones
    2) People will still post up, asking when the next BB with a PKB is being released
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-28-16 10:08 AM
    This has been answered. The board of BlackBerry are bunch of morons. Picking embecile CEOs constantly.

And yes I am pretty smart.
    The "Board" didnt create this problem for BB. BB's downfall can be attributed to 2 people. 2 people who are 100% responsible for the fall of the company
    09-28-16 10:10 AM
    And yet at least two things will continue to happen.
    1) People will try to read between the lines to try and convince themselves that BB is still sort of making phones
    2) People will still post up, asking when the next BB with a PKB is being released
    3) when 10.3.3 in india???
    ubizmo and Carjackd like this.
    09-28-16 10:10 AM
    Could not agree more. What did everyone expect him to do? They were never going to get back in the smart phone business. It's over. But he has led them to some very impressive moves in the software division. BlackBerry isn't out of business people. I'm Canadian and I will support them through thick and thin....bb for life
    09-28-16 10:14 AM
    People complain about the move to Android. But they now actually have something to licence! That would not have occurred had they still been stuck on BB10.

They have actually rescued value in their device technologies.
    09-28-16 10:18 AM
    Yep. Hardware is not dead yet.

Black Knight GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY
    09-28-16 10:21 AM
    KFC will build the next BlackBerry device and it will be a Finger Licking Phone.

🔥 📶
    ardakca, Karan Riar, miki5 and 1 others like this.
    09-28-16 10:22 AM
    Man, all we need is BBRY to license their keyboard to any of the good manufacturers Huwaei, HTC, Motorola or even Samsung (they did build a tablet together)
    09-28-16 10:24 AM
585 ... 34567 ...