I think we all saw this coming. In many ways it is similar to IBM. For those old enough to remember, there were PC's (only made by IBM) then there were "clones". Eventually the clones eroded IBM's market share to the point where they left the hardware market and concentrated on software and consulting. They're still a very profitable company today, but "meh", as they say.
    IBM is a great example of how to turn a company out of a spiral. Shifted focus.

Posted via CB10
    Tsepz_GP and neoberry99 like this.
    09-28-16 07:28 AM
    Yep! Read what they are saying . Otherwise you fall victim to the press.
    So does that mean they will design a phone and have someone else manufacturer it? I don't think that is what they are saying. Seems more like if there are to be any more BB phones they'll be off the shelf from an OEM and BB branded and include BB software. Wasn't there one like that already?
    09-28-16 07:29 AM
    Well, he did not save the company. He will destroy it to the bits.
    Would BlackBerry under Mike/Jim or Thorsten Heins be having a Q2 fiscal 2017 earnings report?
    Not to dredge up and already beaten to death topic, but you do realize that there be no BB without him.. the company was for sale at bargain basement prices (a Fire sale) and there no takers. None, nada, zippo.

Without Chen and despite his stumbles and mistakes, BB would not exist as a company (software or not) but because of him, there is still light at the end of the software tunnel.

It may be the train bearing down on us, but it is still a BB light.
    There is no hope for BlackBerry now. They will just sell it for a better price. Most probably to Samsung.
    There is no hope for BlackBerry now. They will just sell it for a better price. Most probably to Samsung.
    They will continue to try the software route first. Probably give that at least a year. They've has some recent successes there already.
    09-28-16 07:32 AM
    Would BlackBerry under Mike/Jim or Thorsten Heins be having a Q2 fiscal 2017 earnings report?
    Short answer: probably not. All three of those were, unsurprisingly, BlackBerry loyalists... and that meant clinging to the old ways for as long as possible rather than acknowledging the full extent of the situation. Chen strikes me as more of a pragmatist who's willing to swallow some pride in the name of survival.
    blackmass and web99 like this.
    09-28-16 07:37 AM
    D o o o o o o o o o o o m m m m m m m . . . .

��� вℓα�квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση ���
    09-28-16 07:38 AM
    Well, I started a poll on twitter. You guys care to take part?
    @thekingisnaked is my nickname.
    09-28-16 07:38 AM
    Who cares? They're as good as 'out of business' to most of us if they won't make any more PKB devices.
    09-28-16 07:39 AM
    Well this brings us to the people who pick the CEOs.

He might be the better option in that lot.
    09-28-16 07:40 AM
    Who cares? They're as good as 'out of business' to most of us if they won't make any more PKB devices.
    "Most" ?
    Carjackd likes this.
    09-28-16 07:40 AM
    So is it still worth buying the Priv?
    09-28-16 07:43 AM
    Well, I started a poll on twitter. You guys care to take part?
    @thekingisnaked is my nickname.
    Sorry but I promised certain people I would never EVER participate in any poll started or maintained by anyone named @thekingisnaked
    09-28-16 07:44 AM
    "Most" ?
    Yeah most of us who use BlackBerry devices. I feel for the employees but I don't care if BlackBerry exists as a fleet monitoring software security company.
    Carjackd and Joao Oliveira like this.
    Most of the fanboys on CrackBerry, perhaps.
    So is it still worth buying the Priv?
    Wait a week, you might get it for under $200, that would really irritate the cr@p out of us who paid full retail..
    09-28-16 07:45 AM
    Most of the fanboys on CrackBerry, perhaps.
    Fanboy being an insult?

Don't forget this is Crackberry. It is a fan site. Not a financial analysis site.

Love all the smart people here. IQs are sky high.
    09-28-16 07:45 AM
    Yeah most of us who use BlackBerry devices. I feel for the employees but I don't care if BlackBerry exists as a fleet monitoring software security company.
    You mean BlackBerry pkb device users.

I'm happy with TCL slabs. BlackBerry could never have built as good a device at anywhere near these prices.
    09-28-16 07:48 AM
    The TCL slabs have received very good reviews. So I am interested.

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    09-28-16 07:49 AM
    I think we all saw this coming. In many ways it is similar to IBM. For those old enough to remember, there were PC's (only made by IBM) then there were "clones". Eventually the clones eroded IBM's market share to the point where they left the hardware market and concentrated on software and consulting. They're still a very profitable company today, but "meh", as they say.
    Yes, I remember those days very well. I've actually used that same point over on the investor site Seeking Alpha, to no avail. The bears and shorts on that site are out of control.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-16 07:49 AM
    You mean BlackBerry pkb device users.

I'm happy with TCL slabs.
    Why not buy it from alcatel and have the new BlackBerry subscriptions?
    I respect your choice of course. But I just don't get it .
    09-28-16 07:50 AM
    Crackberry: "I'm tired of the runaround! Just tell us officially that there won't be anymore bb10 phones!"

BlackBerry : "we will no longer be making phones."

Crackberry : "OMFGWTFIHATEYOUCHENWORSTCEOEVERRRRRRRR"

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    09-28-16 07:50 AM
    They are very different.

The BlackBerry units have hardened kernel and OS, immediate security updates, and extra software features not found in the suite - productivity tab for HUB peek, swipe up gestures, BlackBerry vkb, enhanced active frame screen, and DTEK software.
    09-28-16 07:52 AM
    it lacks some security features which makes a difference to some people and worth the extra $100
    09-28-16 07:53 AM
    Yes, I remember those days very well. I've actually used that same point over on the investor site Seeking Alpha, to no avail. The bears and shorts on that site are out of control.

Posted via CB10
    The Big Blue is a totally different situation.

Nice read.

https://www.gsb.stanford.edu/insight...coming-extinct
    Bbnivende likes this.
    09-28-16 07:55 AM
585 1234 ...