While I'm not a business-minded person, I think every company goes through a cycle of peaks and lows. This is natural as we have all witnessed with the environment. At the end of the day its all about survival. BlackBerry is evolving and evolution is a slow and tedious process. My opinion only.

Posted via CB10
    teafordgang, clowrym and clmazda like this.
    09-24-13 03:09 PM
    Some people fail to realize that. Being private is something BBRY didn't need though, it was a luxury for them. They just couldn't take the hit with the Q4 stats.
    clmazda likes this.
    09-24-13 03:17 PM
    For sure. It's hard to focus on what's important with all the background noise (negative press etc.). I wish BlackBerry the best and I still enjoy my Z10 phone.

Posted via CB10
    teafordgang likes this.
    09-24-13 03:22 PM
    Apple had Steve Jobs. BlackBerry doesn't.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 04:03 PM
    Sure a lot of things are cyclical but that doesn't mean it's the case here. Somethings just die. Palm, Nortel, and others. While most of us like to think it's cyclical and blackberry is on the rebound, that doesn't appear to be the case as there doesn't seem to anything indication of reversing the trend. And MS is slowing taking over blackberry's market share and becoming the #3 platform. And cycles don't just happen. There are catalysts the help along the way. Using Apple as an example is not a good one because at the time of Apple's turnaround, they had one of the best technology visionaries in Jobs and introduced compelling products that had no direct competition with comparable features. Blackberry case is no where close. They introduced a new platform in a market that's already being dominated that does not separate them. I hate to say but beside financials, this scenario is closer to Palm with being a top mobile company introducing something new (WebOS) to a market that is already being dominated. Biggest difference here is Blackberry is years later than Palm so it's even harder to make a big impact.I hope they don't go the way of Palm, just saying if I had to look at 2 scenarios and decide which one looks closer to blackberry's situation, it would be Palm and not Apple.

I wish I had the same optimism as you and I hope it's correct but I also am aware that sometimes, there is an end to something. Not saying blackberry would go away completely just saying not feeling to good about blackberry rebounding in any way that would once again make them a top contender in the mobile space which people really care about.
    09-24-13 04:11 PM
    Apple had Steve Jobs. BlackBerry doesn't.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe it has someone similar, just not in that rank yet... who knows when the next amazing marketable innovation will come or what it will be...

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 04:27 PM
    After all that has happened in the last two years. It's breathing room for BlackBerry, IMO. We have to wait and see what becomes of this opportunity(?) and what will actually happen with BlackBerry.
    Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    09-24-13 04:28 PM
    Apples struggle in the past was a much different era than now. I wouldn't compare them too together too much..

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 04:28 PM
    These Apple comparisons threads to when Apple was in trouble are getting more fanciful with each iteration.

People pick and choose what Apple events they want to use to support conclusions often with logic that is no logic, reasoning which really translates to wishful thinking and information that's actually misinformation.

When comparisons to Apple should of been made, and when they would of counted and had an effect on the future, many hard liners here followed in the Co-CEO thinking.

Never in the wildest dreams did they imagine that Blackberry would be where it is today due to something they consider a "toy".

Now we see all these comparisons threads to 1997-1998, where people think Blackberry is capable of pulling an Apple out of the "hat".

Yet some people still don't get it, thus the Apple bashing threads, where the tail is trying to wag the dog.

Apple in 1997 is not a common thing.
    The difference between Apple of 1997 and Blackberry of 2013 is Steve Jobs.

Blackberry doesn't have a dynamic leader that can step up to the plate.
    They have accountants, interested in moving zeros to the left of the decimal point.

Blackberry is going to write their own story, and its not going to be like Apple.

Hopefully the ending will be success.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 09-24-13 at 05:15 PM.
    09-24-13 04:52 PM
    Who is to say that BlackBerry doesn't have some interesting products in development. Hard to say what is going on being outside of the company. We just need to be patient. However, patience is a virtue.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 04:53 PM
    Long live BB!

BB Z10 Rocks!
    09-24-13 05:06 PM
    Who is to say that BlackBerry doesn't have some interesting products in development. Hard to say what is going on being outside of the company. We just need to be patient. However, patience is a virtue.

Posted via CB10
    If you were stood outside a house and there was smoke and flames coming out of the windows and you saw a man let's call him "tommy h" dropping a gasoline can and running away with the family silver would you think it is "hard to know what is happening in that house?"
    09-24-13 05:07 PM
    If you were stood outside a house and there was smoke and flames coming out of the windows and you saw a man let's call him "tommy h" dropping a gasoline can and running away with the family silver would you think it is "hard to know what is happening in that house?"
    Very poor anology.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 05:10 PM
    Very poor anology.

Posted via CB10
    Why?
    09-24-13 05:17 PM
    Because it is totally stupid.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 05:19 PM
    Because it is totally stupid.

Posted via CB10
    Why is it totally stupid?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4
    09-24-13 05:25 PM
    Not necessary to respond
    Figure it out.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 05:28 PM
    Not necessary to respond
    Figure it out.

Posted via CB10
    What a stupid response. Like.... totally!
    09-24-13 05:43 PM
    Sorry if I offend you. Why would I want to respond to a comment based on a criminal act.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 05:52 PM
    If there are any interesting products in development, it'll be on an enterprise software level.

If they were developing something for handsets that would turn things around, they wouldn't be throwing in the towel on handsets (yes, they're giving up on handsets - foolish to think otherwise).

And patience is the last thing Blackberry can demand of mobile consumers. It's been over 5 years and Blackberry still hasn't provided a product that interests the market - and yet they're told to wait even longer? Sorry, Blackberry's time is up in the handset market.
    09-24-13 05:54 PM
    I hope this is correct, I really liked my BBs but I'm afraid they're done.

I tried, I actually spent the bucks for a Z10 but returned it after a few days, why? Because it wasn't a BB by my definition, no BIS, flukey OS, just wasn't any competition for my Galaxy S3.

I re-activate my old BB from time to time, I miss it. Just give me back my old BB upgraded to 3g and I'll be a BB fan again!

Ooops, meant upgraded to 4g, sorry about that!
    Last edited by xs11e; 09-24-13 at 10:18 PM.
    09-24-13 05:57 PM
    I hope this is correct, I really liked my BBs but I'm afraid they're done.

I tried, I actually spent the bucks for a Z10 but returned it after a few days, why? Because it wasn't a BB by my definition, no BIS, flukey OS, just wasn't any competition for my Galaxy S3.

I re-activate my old BB from time to time, I miss it. Just give me back my old BB upgraded to 3g and I'll be a BB fan again!
    Fair enough.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 05:59 PM