Ever since I got my Pearl, it has significantly helped me become more organized, well managed, attentive, 'up on things', and I guess utilitarian. I now use a calendar, to-do list, etc. and most importantly am up on emails. Before I would only check my email once or twice a day but now I check it constantly.

Oh did I forget to mention I am a casual blackberry user? I don't have a 100 emails coming to my inbox everyday. Yet, it has helped me in many ways. I'll give you an example.

I'm a college student and have classes on two different campuses which are 30 minutes apart. Whilst I was on one campus my professor, with whom I had a class with later that day on the other campus, sent me an email that class was canceled. I saw that on my blackberry and didn't goto class. Now, if I didn't have my Pearl, and unless I checked my email at a computer lab which I don't usually, I would have no idea that my class was canceled. I would have had to go 30 minutes and back and all of that would have been completely in vain. Now this is when gas was $4. I saved like $10 that day thanks to my Berry and not to mention saved the unnecessary mileage on my car. And most importantly, it saved my time.

This was mine; what are some of your stories?
    Last edited by bonoz; 12-03-08 at 05:32 PM.
    12-03-08 05:29 PM
    I'm a university student, Nanny, and I run a military spouse support group.

My berry is constantly saving me in terms of classes being cancelled/keeping up to date (YorkU is on strike right now so I get all the strike updates no matter where I am!), My employers can always get in touch with me via calling, text, and even BBM- which is important because sometimes something comes up with the kids (one's sick, one's at a friends house, or otherwise doing something to change our routine!), and I'm always able to stay up to date with what's going on with the Military girls and if there's any problems I can address them immediately from my berry!

Also- since my fiance is in the army, he's often away- and being a man, doesn't always contact me in the same way! So no matter if he msgs me on Facebook, text message, BBM, calls, or is on MSN I can always get his messages.

Not to mention doing schoolwork on it, having my assignments backed up onto it incase I need to re-print (saved my *** one day when a friend spilled her coke on my assignment at lunch!), etc. etc.

Oh and tethering...when the Berry doesn't cut it I just fire up my laptop and hook it up to my Berry- voila! Internet access while waiting for one of my darling charges to get out of Girl Guides!
    12-04-08 08:58 AM
    I know that my berry has significantly helped me with school. I am able to keep track of when classes are cancelled ahead of time, and make note of it in my berry! I can keep track of assignments due, doctors appointments, and I always have my email handy. Not to mention, I rarely ever have to go on facebook, it all comes to me. I am on the computer a lot, but not nearly as much now that I have the internet in my hands![/I]
    12-04-08 09:06 AM
    Oh yeah- I totally forgot about Student Docket! All my assignements, organized by week- I haven't had to scramble to finish a single thing all year!

Weather too- not once this year have I come home with wet feet because I always know if it's going to rain or snow!
    12-04-08 09:51 AM
    You know how highly organized you are when your boss mentions how well you use your BlackBerry to stay on top of things. Always great to keep the boss happy!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-08 10:34 AM
    I'm a therapist who runs a residential treatment unit for sexually reactive kids.

I didn't know how unorganized until I started using the BB. it keeps my appointments, tasks and my idea notebook is now on the blackberry and I can add to it wherever I go.

With the media card I can lost the jump drive I carry around with my working files. Calling this thing a phone just doesn't fully describe what it can do...
    12-05-08 08:50 PM
    Oh yeah- I totally forgot about Student Docket! All my assignements, organized by week- I haven't had to scramble to finish a single thing all year!

Weather too- not once this year have I come home with wet feet because I always know if it's going to rain or snow!
    I'm a student too and I've just discovered the joy of using my BB to keep track of all the crap I never was able to keep straight before. Is Student Docket free?
    12-05-08 10:13 PM
    yeah...where is this student docket thing!?!
    12-05-08 10:31 PM
    I FOUND IT!

and it's not free, but it totally looks worth it.

StudentDocket - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store

good luck!
    12-06-08 10:00 PM
    I am a teacher and a mom of two boys. My pearl has helped me in so many ways! I love getting home email and school email right on my phone. The best is the calendar, I now have all school/kid events all in one place and I LOVE it!
    12-07-08 07:46 PM
    When I'm working(on the river for 3 weeks straight) it keeps me in touch with everyone on land and it really keeps me goin.

12-07-08 08:39 PM
    I FOUND IT!

and it's not free, but it totally looks worth it.

StudentDocket - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store

good luck!
    It's SO worth it- especially if you're going to be a student for a while yet- if you think about it you spend at least 10$ a year on a planner every year- but StudentDocket is only 20$ and it's with you forever- you even get updates for free!

I love how I can put all my assignments into my BB as soon as I get my syllabus- and then I set it to the week view so I always know what's due in the upcoming week!

Since I'm going to be stuck in school for two more years I figured I might as well be ontop of it!
    12-07-08 10:13 PM
    Being in sales....I know the berry is most recommended to customers. Its helped me a lot simply by having one myself. Its much easier to recommend a product to a customer that you believe in.

Plus, the berry keeps everything more organized and I rarely have to use my regular computer since I can do the same thing on my berry. I definitely feel like I have more free time.
    12-08-08 12:13 AM
    I travel on tubes/trains for about two hours a day to and from work. All my mails are answered, I write documents, organise my to-do's and calendar... and generally use the time and my BB to make my time (when I do get to the office) less hectic and busy... It's the best IMO!

12-08-08 12:57 AM
    I work in EMS and I volunteer for the Fire Dept, it became a pain carrying around my stupid appointment book to remember where and when I had to be palces. I got my berry and...wow, unspeakable amazingness. Not to mention my Google maps, I'm never lost when I go into other towns!
    12-08-08 11:32 AM
    I'm a therapist who runs a residential treatment unit for sexually reactive kids.

I didn't know how unorganized until I started using the BB. it keeps my appointments, tasks and my idea notebook is now on the blackberry and I can add to it wherever I go.

With the media card I can lost the jump drive I carry around with my working files. Calling this thing a phone just doesn't fully describe what it can do...
    strong JOB
    12-08-08 11:34 AM
    I have a busy family life (3 kids!) And I'm always adding and changing appointments, going to new places and arranging things and the bb makes that really easy with calendar/contacts/gps.
    Also have a busy work life + have a consultancy / other businesses on the side so handy to be able to pick up email (and reply to it) throughout the day.
    I don't think there are many (any?) devices that come close to recent bbs like the bold.

12-08-08 01:01 PM
    I rarely carry much stuff to school with me, so I kind of hate carrying my planner, not to mention it's smaller than my other stuff. I just downloaded the free trial, and already have my classes for my next and final semester loaded into it, all my teacher's contact information (had most of the teachers before), and now I just wait for the syllabus to be put online.

This past semester, my senioritis caught me a couple of times and forced me to scramble to finish things, hopefully, this will be a good $20 investment.
    12-14-08 08:13 PM
    Up until I purchased my Storm, I led a fairly ordinary non-eventful life. But since it's purchase, I not only have become the C.E.O. of a multinational technology firm, but I also get 50% off any triple latte at Starbucks!

(the above reply was merely a dramatization. The actual effects of the BlackBerry may vary by user).
    12-14-08 08:41 PM
    Lol. That's too funny.

12-14-08 08:48 PM
    I can prepare sermons anywhere now since I've downloaded the Bible on my Pearl. My sons were on my case yesterday at church because I whipped out my Pearl during the reading of the sermon text until I showed them it was the Bible I was reading and not email, LOL
    12-15-08 12:28 PM
    strong JOB
    it keeps me busy
    12-15-08 01:48 PM
    Okay, have an example from last night. My wife and I are buying gifts for a needy family, and one of the boys had a particular item on his wish list. This item turned out to be harder to find than we expected. While we were at one department store, waiting for the manager to dig through the back area to see whether they had any left, I was able to call up the web pages of several other department stores, search their inventory to see whether they normally carried it, then look up the number of the closest store and call them to see whether it was in stock.

We found it, eventually, yay!

ETA: Oh, and since my Curve has GPS I was able to pull up Google Maps and get precise directions to the store that had what we needed.
    12-16-08 02:11 PM
    I am also a student. I never used to have a calendar, task list, memo pad... they all took time to do. With a BlackBerry, I can jot a note, task, event, contact, etc. down so fast that I waist no time. My BlackBerry has become my Schedule, To-Do List, Alarm Clock, Notepad, Journal, Accountant, Navigation System, and so much more. I love my BlackBerry!
    12-20-08 01:34 AM
    I think others also think you're more organized when you have a BlackBerry.

12-20-08 02:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD