Hello,
    I'm a mobile fan. I have a Palm T|X, Palm Z22, HTC S711, HP Jornada 720, HP iPAQ Hx2 and a Nokia E61. My new device that I want is a Blackberry, but at the time I don't want to buy it, because I just got my iPAQ, and because of this I want to try it first before I buy my one, also I see that is a OS that need more attention for development, and as I'm a very experienced developer I just want to start at the platform.

I saw a link this days about a emulator for Windows Mobile, that can emulate a Blackberry, but I haven't seen any link and any link at Google too, then I want to ask for someone that can help me to find this powerful application.

BlackBerry coming to Windows Mobile

Best Regards,
    Nathan Paulino Campos
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 01-13-10 at 03:29 PM. Reason: post url
    01-13-10 03:19 PM
    BlackBerry coming to Windows Mobile

BlackBerry maker Research In Motion Ltd. (RIM) this week released a software suite that allows mobile devices running Windows Mobile 6 to become virtual BlackBerrys and use applications that made BlackBerry a mobility gold standard.
    The virtual BlackBerry solution lets devices from third-party manufacturers use widely popular BlackBerry software applications and services. The suite, which will be available later this year, has been slated to run on select Windows Mobile 6-based devices.

Once the suite is installed on the device, users will be able to access BlackBerry applications that include email, phone, calendar, address book, tasks, memos, browser, instant messaging and other applications once exclusive to the BlackBerry platform. Devices running the software will also be able to connect to BlackBerry services via BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) and BlackBerry Internet Service.

RIM president and co-CEO Mike Lazaridis said the software brings BlackBerry functionality to the masses and plays into RIM's idea of shaking the stigma of being a mostly proprietary platform.

"Extending BlackBerry applications to a broader range of devices is an important element of RIM's strategy to provide an open platform that supports industry standards and addresses the various needs of our customers and partners," Lazaridis said in a statement.

Very interesting, thank you for sharing.

... ... ..
    01-13-10 03:30 PM
    Thanks for the edit
    01-13-10 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD