Thought I would give a nice real world example of just how easy and convenient the Blackberry email setup is compared to my co-workers iPhone 4s.

Our company uses Go-Daddy email services, which is a pay per month web domain email server. He is a new employee and he just got his login information, so he wanted to setup his new account on his iPhone.
    Well sadly, GoDaddy was not in the list of most commonly used online email services, so he had to add it all by hand.
    (IMAP vs. POP, broadcast address, etc etc)
    He asked me if I knew what they were because I have work email on my BB as well, but I had to explain to him that, BB handles all of that for me, behind the scenes on their BIS server, I just had to type my email and password in and I was receiving emails within 30 seconds which all goes to my unified mailbox which will show me everything from every service I use.

He shrugged, and continued for the next 15min trying to guess what all the settings were... I told them the GoDaddy site has all of the settings listed...

But by that time, believe it or not, there is of course an " app for that"...

Just shows how my 30 seconds of time to setup my email account, took him 20min and he still has to go into the app everytime to see if he has any emails.

BB10 is going to be the game changer, its no longer an if, its when (hopefully sooner than later)
    So hurry up #TeamBlackBerry !!!!
    morganplus8 likes this.
    06-14-12 07:10 AM
    I have done it many, many times on both. The BB is easier, but entering basically six fields on the iPhone takes me seconds. This is a case of where ignorance helps one beat the other. An informed user of either platform would consider this a non issue event you do once in a blue moon. Once this type of stuff is done, most users won't care. They will care about the daily experiences.

The comparisons between platforms are harder to make than ever. They are closer together in capabilities than ever. It is about preference at this point to me.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    06-14-12 07:26 AM
    I agree if you have a email that is not really popular then BB email will be much easier to use for sure.
    06-14-12 08:06 AM
    I had a friend with a berry and his friend with an iphone try to do a godaddy email. Said his went right through but the iphone took like 4hrs to figure out. And this was a sprint repair shop employee.
    06-14-12 08:15 AM
    The fact of the matter is everyone knows their username and password for their email, not everyone knows every setting required for a particular web based email service.

RIM made this a non issue, while apple picks its favorites or the most popular services and leaves the user to sort out the rest.
    06-14-12 09:50 AM
    Yes BlackBerry email is a very powerful tool that a lot of companies over look for the cool look. Rim has a lot of in house power with email that companies like apple and google hasn't understood.
    06-14-12 10:23 AM
    i just got back from a two day conference in toronto. was staying at a hotel in Mississauga, and can I say I have never seen so many blackberrys in my life !! Like wow ! All the coporate heads, buzzing around the hotel and, and all those playbooks, and familiar bb ring/alert tones. It was really something.

BB FTW !! ...For people who get sh*t done !!
    06-14-12 11:02 AM
    I love my bb email! Second to my keyboard eh
    06-14-12 11:36 AM
    It all depends upon the email provider. When I was in school, I could not even get my school emails on my BlackBerry, since BES was required. http://cctss.tri-c.edu/customercare/...y%20Device.pdf

It looks like I could have gotten my school emails had I been an iPhone user. http://cctss.tri-c.edu/customercare/...e%20Device.pdf
    06-14-12 11:53 AM
    It all depends upon the email provider. When I was in school, I could not even get my school emails on my BlackBerry, since BES was required. http://cctss.tri-c.edu/customercare/...y%20Device.pdf

It looks like I could have gotten my school emails had I been an iPhone user. http://cctss.tri-c.edu/customercare/...e%20Device.pdf
    Of course edu emails you will have a problem. Iphone & android have the same issue the only phone I know didn't was palm devices. Please don't play that if I had a iphone roll, its a setup on the schools server side that gives you the problem. U of Tokyo students who have iphone from softbank have those issues and USC students.
    Last edited by janeka; 06-14-12 at 11:59 AM.
    06-14-12 11:56 AM
    Of course edu emails you will have a problem. Iphone & android have the same issue the only phone I know didn't was palm devices.
    Incidentally, the school only lists instructions to get Exchange accounts set up on BlackBerry, iPhone and WinMo (probably the Palm devices would be included since the later Treos ran WinMo).. There is nothing current enough to even mention Android or Windows Phone.
    06-14-12 12:00 PM
    I work at a university and have been using my edu account on three BB's over the last 5 years.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-14-12 12:03 PM
    I guess your school doesn't require BES.
    06-14-12 12:07 PM
    Blackberry is the original business phone and it has evolved as a powerful email, messaging and social networking tool
    06-14-12 12:10 PM
    I have 6 mail accounts in my BB. Two of them are .edu and they work fine.
    I use OS 7.1.

One of them is a Google Apps for Education based account. Never had an issue!

PS one of them uses BES.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-14-12 12:15 PM
    My school didn't use Google Apps. It used Exchange 2003.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    06-14-12 12:17 PM
    BlackBerry has the best email without a doubt.
    06-14-12 12:21 PM
    BlackBerry has the best email without a doubt.
    OK, in what way? I've compared the email on my partner's bold to my wp7 - what way is it significantly better?

That's not snark, I just can't see how one significantly outperforms the other and I'm curious what I'm missing.
    06-14-12 12:43 PM
    With BIS (on my carrier), I can have up to ten pushed email accounts, each with its own distinct notification and filters including the Level 1 notification/filter option. I have multiple yahoo, multiple hotmail, gmail, aol, Sprint/Blackberry, and my home Verizon emails all showing up in my consolidated messages screen, accessible with one press of my convenience key. Is it that easy on the other platforms?
    jasonvan9 and cgk like this.
    06-14-12 01:01 PM
    Nothing comes close to BB email.
    Even the web interface of any email service has the convenience of what we BB users enjoy in terms of convenience and easy managing of incoming and outgoing emails.
    06-14-12 01:47 PM
    With BIS (on my carrier), I can have up to ten pushed email accounts, each with its own distinct notification and filters including the Level 1 notification/filter option. I have multiple yahoo, multiple hotmail, gmail, aol, Sprint/Blackberry, and my home Verizon emails all showing up in my consolidated messages screen, accessible with one press of my convenience key. Is it that easy on the other platforms?
    Well honestly, I've never tried to do that and I only use five email accounts but a quick play and I've pinned a consolidated messages live tile to my home screen. I'm not sure what a level 1 filter option is so I don't know how to see if wp7 has that or not.

I don't have the bold to hand - does it all consolidate communications for each contact? that is to say - if I look at an individual contact, it shows me all calls, texts, ims and emails?
    06-14-12 01:53 PM
    I don't have the bold to hand - does it all consolidate communications for each contact? that is to say - if I look at an individual contact, it shows me all calls, texts, ims and emails?
    Yes, my Bold 9900 does that.

It list it under "Recent Activities" for each contact.
    cgk likes this.
    06-14-12 02:50 PM
    There are several way to do this on BB.

The quickest it to type the name of a contact at the home screen and Universal Search will find the contact's profile from the address book, a list of texts, bbm, im, email, and phone calls to/from said contact.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350 using Tapatalk
    cgk likes this.
    06-14-12 03:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD