I am getting a new 8310 sent to me from AT&T to replace the one I just got because of a bad trackball. I have already set up email on my BB from my home ISP and att.blackberry.com, though. When I activate the new 8310, will AT&Ts email accounts site recognize the new phone as mine and let me in, or will I have to redo everything? Also, shouldn't I delete the icons for those email accounts from the old 8310 before sending it back to AT&T, or will they just wipe the phone anyway when they get it back?

I know some of you on here have gone through this before...thanks...
    06-11-08 10:54 AM
    I am still new at this BB thing, but you should be able to log into BB desktop and change your pin number and it should all transfer to the new phone.

As for your old phone I would wipe it prior to sending it back.
    06-11-08 12:45 PM
    I am still new at this BB thing, but you should be able to log into BB desktop and change your pin number and it should all transfer to the new phone.

As for your old phone I would wipe it prior to sending it back.
    It won't let me log in from a regular computer. It says I have to use my BB to log in. I presume the system is smart enough to recognize my new BB as a replacement for the old one, and let me in. I guess I'll find out this evening, because my wife just called and told me it had arrived.

Anyone else have any info on this?
    06-11-08 01:36 PM
    Do you use BIS or BES? If BIS, you should be able to use the transfer feature on DM. If BES, then when you do your first enterprise sync, all of your accounts will be there, voila!

It's always a good idea to do the wipe yourself before turning the unit back in. Options>Security>General Settings>Menu>Wipe Handheld.

Good luck.
    06-11-08 03:13 PM
    Do you use BIS or BES? If BIS, you should be able to use the transfer feature on DM. If BES, then when you do your first enterprise sync, all of your accounts will be there, voila!

It's always a good idea to do the wipe yourself before turning the unit back in. Options>Security>General Settings>Menu>Wipe Handheld.

Good luck.
    Transfer feature? I don't have any emails on the phone that I need to transfer. Won't the icons for the two email accounts just appear on the new BB when I get email, or should I delete them from the website and redo them from the new BB?
    06-11-08 04:06 PM
    Okay...I called up AT&T to activate the replacement 8310, and they just had me move the SIM from the old BB to the new one, and they entered the new IMEI # into their computer. The phone registered with the network without any issues. Proper function was confirmed via a test call by me and a test SMS from AT&T customer service.

As for the email, when I connected to the account management page from the new BB, it asked me if I wanted to change to the new PIN. I answered yes, and then it asked me for the password on each email account to validate the switchover. This went fine, except now I didn't have any of the email icons on my new BB for each account like I had on the old one, so I just deleted and recreated the accounts, and the icons appeared on my new BB.

The trackball works properly on the new BB, and I confirmed that the GPS was working via Google Maps.

I wiped the old BB and will be sending it back.

All is well again in CrackBerry land!
    06-11-08 07:06 PM
    Ahhh... The sweet smell of success...
    06-11-08 08:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD