hi all,

l'm still thinking about getting an 8900. could someone tell me if you are able to set blackberry email to check for new mail every hour, every four hours etc? i dont need instant push email and would prefer the extra battery life that only auto checking for mail every hour or so would give.

thanks
    01-24-09 09:49 AM
    Your phone doesn't check for email at specific intervals, the BIS server does. Your email is then pushed (hence, push) to your phone. No extra battery usage. It's much more efficient than periodically checking.
    01-24-09 10:32 AM
    I mean you could turn off email reconciliation under settings and reconcile the mail your self! Think that would turn off the push and you would have to do it manually. As for timing it i'm not sure about that! Think Reconcile does the push thing but i'm not sure... honestly mine pushes mail all day and I use my Blackberry all day long and battery still has half left atleast at end of day... Batteries on BB's are quite good.
    01-24-09 10:33 AM
    Well, no-one has answered for half a day so I'll take a stab. I don't think that you can adjust the polling interval or how email is pushed. That seems to be a RIM server config.

With that said, I doubt that email push has much effect on battery life unless you d/l tons of attachments from the server or have huge amounts of HTML email.

Now, if someone who really knows what they're talking about might care to jump in� :-)

Edit: Whoa -- checked message, no responses, typed message, two other posts!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-09 10:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD