Yesterday, 6/6 (maybe satan had something to do with it) I noticed that emails were bouncing back all day long. It only happened with my blackberry email address. I was replying to an aol email, as soon as I hit send, bang, mailer daemon bounced it back. It didnt happen every time, just intermittent. I would have to send a fresh email, rather than a reply. Fresh emails went through, while replied to ones bounced back. It happened again this morning. What could this be?
    06-07-09 08:14 PM
    What was the error code and message in the bounce?
    06-07-09 08:17 PM
    5.1.0 Unknown address error 554
    06-07-09 08:21 PM
    Make sure that the AOL e-mails are formatting the return address properly on the replies. I've seen AOL e-mails where they come across all wonky so when you reply it's not in strict user@domain format.

You could test this by replying to an AOL e-mail and changing the "to" address to make sure it's correct; if it goes through, odds are that's what's happening.
    06-07-09 09:55 PM
    I have similar problem, still looking for help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 09:57 AM
    I'm using the blackberry email account, my friend is on aol. She's not even getting the emails, they bounce as soon as I click the send button. Hasn't happened since I originally posted this, so I'm hoping it was a 24 hour BIS server glitch. Also she has complained to me about conversations that get too long, aol will zip the email contents and she can't read anything. What is aol cheaping out on text size or something? No way are text emails we send larger than the 16 meg limit I remember aol having 10 years ago. So I guess that limit has been substantially dropped since aol plummeted into oblivion. I have to get her off aol, its a terrible service these days. Gmail is so so, but IMO much more reliable than aosmell. Only thing is, most people with aol have had it so long they're scared to dump it. They've got nothing I want, I dumped em long ago.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 09:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD