well, my Android's gmail account is generally fine....it's how the Android handles secondary, etc. email addresses that aren't gmail. I've tried three or four email apps, and none perform as reliably as the primary, gmail address that is tied to the phone.
    That's my problem, compared to BB, which handles all email accounts efficiently
    I concur.
    Tested the built-in Email application on android and set all my Gmail, Outlook, Hotmail email accounts there (to replicate Hub).
    Outlook and Hotmail use ActiveSync push and therefore were delivered almost instantly.
    The Gmail email was delayed up to 15 minutes.
    Note that I didn't use Gmail application, nor Gmail account entry in the device settings.

Email app also had troubles with non-ASCII characters which was a real drawback for me.
    03-27-14 03:33 PM
    I've just tested this on my ipad and it doesn't seem to be true, set to push, emails appear instantly.
    Gmail will not PUSH on any Apple Device. Your only options are fetch or manual. In which case you can set Fetch intervals or Manually check the folder. Google isn't making anything easy on Apple.

Yahoo and other servers like Outlook/Hotmail will PUSH if turned on. So if you have two Yahoo Accounts and two Gmail accounts, and some emails your Gmail it will Fetch within 15mins, but if someone emails your Yahoo it will instantly come through. Now when you receive notification of that Yahoo email and open it, your phone will automatically Fetch the Gmail account.

As for old BlackBerry devices, that I believe was answered. BlackBerry used BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) which was separate from Internet offered from your phone carrier. All emails were instant as they came through the server. BlackBerry 10 no longer uses BIS and email speeds are all based on accounts and settings.

Posted with my BlackBerry Q10 on VZW from Philly
    03-27-14 03:46 PM
    I fuc**ng despise playbook when it comes to handling email. It's a disgrace of a Blackberry product. But as long as the email server uses activesync; the darn thing beats any email software on any platform in existence by small or VERY LARGE margin. Q10 comes right after only split second late.
    Btw. I only use fastmail for both professional (and less professional) connections with multiple aliases for spam.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 05:06 PM
    The only email app I had used on Android was Touchdown and it was a piece of junk. Way too many settings and the experience was just plane horrible.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 05:10 PM
    Funnily nobody mentions 2 issues with imap accounts on bb10:
    - no remote search
    - deleted messages can't be moved on trash/deleted folder

I had no problem with those on the iphone 5. Also, on android and ios you get native gmail app, which is pushing mail instantly.
    Ios do offer true push, Why people tend to deform reality is beyond me.

But I have to reckon that the hub is real handy - all communication in one place. Plus global attachments - real real neat!

The BlackBerry hub is versatile, I like it. Real handy!

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 06:17 PM
    Yes blackberry is way better of its I di give a try for two week no compare it all

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 06:21 PM
    I have used the same email accounts on all 3 operating systems. Anyone who believes Android or iOS is in the same league as BlackBerry when it comes to email handling is delusional. BlackBerry usually beats my desktop Outlook with mail delivery.

Z10 on T-Mobile, 32 GB PlayBook - Posted via CrackBerry 10
    Totally agree.

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    03-27-14 06:27 PM
    I have used the same email accounts on all 3 operating systems. Anyone who believes Android or iOS is in the same league as BlackBerry when it comes to email handling is delusional. BlackBerry usually beats my desktop Outlook with mail delivery.

Z10 on T-Mobile, 32 GB PlayBook - Posted via CrackBerry 10
    I don't have a BB phone but I use seperate apps for my email and Gmail shows up in seconds from when it shows on gmail for the web. I use Googles Gmail client. I use Outlook.com client too for android and that shows up within seconds from when it shows on the website as well. I don't use any corp email servers any longer since I then have my phone locked down with Corp Policy Managers that require long passwords to unlock my phone but when I did the chirp from my android phone came in at the same time as the floating notification on my Windows Desktop from outlook being open and minimized. I don't like my different emails mixed into one box because I don't look at them as one.
    03-28-14 08:10 AM
    I don't have a BB phone but I use seperate apps for my email and Gmail shows up in seconds from when it shows on gmail for the web. I use Googles Gmail client. I use Outlook.com client too for android.
    Are you using two applications?
    In my testing, Gmail application couldn't handle hotmail/outlook.
    EDIT: re-read your statement and found the asnwer - two separate email apps.
    Also, I'm not sure about BIS statements above and I don't think my Z10 - BB10 is on any BIS (how to check?).
    It does receive all emails almost instantly, whether it is a Gmail, Hotmail, Outlook, etc.
    The same setup on an android device (I tested two different phones actually) using Email application had troubles with email messages from Gmail accounts (delivered with a delay). My impression at that time was that Google invested their efforts to mine user data for advertising while Microsoft (Hotmail + Outlook) and BlackBerry (all email accounts) concentrated their efforts on communication part.

I also tried K9 application on android and it was way slower than Email.
    Last edited by vrud; 03-28-14 at 09:47 AM.
    03-28-14 09:31 AM
    My BB10 email does what it should, no issues here.

The only interaction with iOS email was on iPad 2, where email client was receiving emails, but wouldn't send. It was incredibly frustrating for the owner, but took me only a few minutes to fix (you had to log in again).
    03-28-14 09:41 AM
    Just found another disadvantage in the Hub: you cannot change the account you're replying from as on ios. .

Also, shake to undo an action (eg: delete, move, text input).

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 03:39 AM
    Just found another disadvantage in the Hub: you cannot change the account you're replying from as on ios. .

Also, shake to undo an action (eg: delete, move, text input).

Posted via CB10
    Never mind iOS, who do you think came up with that feature? BB themselves, but somehow they forgot it.

#believeinfilm
    04-03-14 03:43 AM
    Never mind iOS, who do you think came up with that feature? BB themselves, but somehow they forgot it.
    I don't know and don't care. What matters is the present.
    I just get used to it on my iPhone and just observed I can't do that on the z10. I had to use the iphone for this task.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 03:57 AM
    I use gmail and various Microsoft (Hotmail, Live, Outlook) accounts. On Android phone, only the native gmail app delivers mail instantly. When I try to set the polling to faster than 15 minutes using the generic-mail app supplied by HTC/TMobile, I get a nasty warning telling me that it's not nice to set for faster than 15 minutes. And often, mail just doesn't show up at all, and sometimes arrives the next day!
    Something on my phone must be not right. My wife's BB Bold....just keeps working
    Do you have the native Outlook client installed? It uses ActiveSync and will be near-instant for your Outlook/Hotmail accounts.

Or, you can go to the Google Play market and get a better general email app than what HTC supplied. Make sure it supports ActiveSync.
    04-03-14 11:35 AM
39 12