being a BB newb, and not that technical, can anyone explain why my wife's Blackberry Bold 9780 seems to handle multiple email addresses better than my Android phone?

emails sent or received by her seem instantaneous, whereas my Android phone can take up to 15 minutes to receive email. Is it like that on iPhones as well, when you have more than one email account on the phone?

The gmail account on my Android seems more responsive than the secondary accounts which AREN'T gmail accounts. But on the Blackberry, ALL email accounts seem to be equally efficient.

in simple terms, why is this, and will it ever improve on the other platforms?
    and...if you need quick, reliable email on a smartphone, does Blackberry indeed have a superior technology?
    03-26-14 11:10 AM
    Regarding timing, that could be based on your settings on Android, or could also be related to your email provider's system (maybe Microsoft Exchange or similar?) vs. a dedicated BlackBerry Exchange server. Having converted from a 9900 to iPhone, I haven't had those issues, although "push" capabilities are different.

On a broader scale, I found that the BB 9900's email handling capabilities were better than iPhone's. They were simply more intuitive, easier to use, easier to manage multiple accounts, and better integration with contacts. But I'm learning some of the iPhone tricks (and touch screen), so no show-stoppers, although I do miss the Menu button.
    03-26-14 11:53 AM
    being a BB newb, and not that technical, can anyone explain why my wife's Blackberry Bold 9780 seems to handle multiple email addresses better than my Android phone?

emails sent or received by her seem instantaneous, whereas my Android phone can take up to 15 minutes to receive email. Is it like that on iPhones as well, when you have more than one email account on the phone?

The gmail account on my Android seems more responsive than the secondary accounts which AREN'T gmail accounts. But on the Blackberry, ALL email accounts seem to be equally efficient.

in simple terms, why is this, and will it ever improve on the other platforms?
    and...if you need quick, reliable email on a smartphone, does Blackberry indeed have a superior technology?

I think it depends how it is coded....yes BB received e-mail faster..it all depends of the email host that you have eg: hotmail, google or work email..

when I had my Galaxy note 3...Google email...I was receiving the email on my Z10, first, then on my note3, second, by a few split second....both were set on push...Now I am using hotmail and also using a windows phone....sometime the berry received the hotmail email faster than my windows phone just by half of an hair....sometime the other way around....

on android the master sync need to be on to work faster...

superior technology!!!! depends of your definition of it..........hardware or software wise or both??
    03-26-14 01:07 PM
    Android will receive mail from any service using ActiveSync within a second or two of that email hitting the server, BUT... many email servers don't offer ActiveSync, and for those, your phone has to poll (check periodically) for new email. Believe it or not, Yahoo doesn't (or until very recently didn't) offer ActiveSync, despite being a pretty huge provider. Private or corporate email servers also may or may not support ActiveSync.

Legacy BBOS use BIS, and the BIS servers actively poll for new emails every few seconds, and if there is one, that mail is pushed to the device, so instead of waiting for the device (your phone) to poll itself (the default polling time is 15 minutes to save battery), you get the email as soon as the BIS server grabs it.
    stlabrat, richardat and Dmessenger like this.
    03-26-14 02:06 PM
    I have not used the !Phone e-mail but the blackberry email is long better that the android one that my wife uses.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 02:26 PM
    I have used Apple IOS for a while now and the email on the iPhone 5/5S sucks, It uses push/fetch which the lowest update time is 15 minutes and even though the interface for gMail is nice and is easy to use, it takes forever for emails to get pushed thru.

I have the update time set for 5 minutes on my z10 and z30 gMail accounts and I have done a test by sending a test email to my device from my desktop and its there in almost a few seconds. I also like the user interface for email on Blackberry OS10, especially using the Hub.
    03-26-14 03:04 PM
    I have used Apple IOS for a while now and the email on the iPhone 5/5S sucks, It uses push/fetch which the lowest update time is 15 minutes and even though the interface for gMail is nice and is easy to use, it takes forever for emails to get pushed thru.

I have the update time set for 5 minutes on my z10 and z30 gMail accounts and I have done a test by sending a test email to my device from my desktop and its there in almost a few seconds. I also like the user interface for email on Blackberry OS10, especially using the Hub.

yes.... you are right...I forgot about that.....Also there is a switch saying "use push if available" (something like that)....I should have mention it....
    03-26-14 04:26 PM
    Not sure about performance differences with push mail. But I will say the way you process and manipulate emails in BlackBerry is way better (ie. hub attachments, cut and paste, contact integration....etc)

CB10'n it via da Z
    03-26-14 04:39 PM
    I've just tested this on my ipad and it doesn't seem to be true, set to push, emails appear instantly.
    03-26-14 04:46 PM
    I have used the same email accounts on all 3 operating systems. Anyone who believes Android or iOS is in the same league as BlackBerry when it comes to email handling is delusional. BlackBerry usually beats my desktop Outlook with mail delivery.

Z10 on T-Mobile, 32 GB PlayBook - Posted via CrackBerry 10
    03-26-14 04:57 PM
    I have used the same email accounts on all 3 operating systems. Anyone who believes Android or iOS is in the same league as BlackBerry when it comes to email handling is delusional. BlackBerry usually beats my desktop Outlook with mail delivery.

Well said.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 06:07 PM
    Android will receive mail from any service using ActiveSync within a second or two of that email hitting the server, BUT... many email servers don't offer ActiveSync, and for those, your phone has to poll (check periodically) for new email. Believe it or not, Yahoo doesn't (or until very recently didn't) offer ActiveSync, despite being a pretty huge provider. Private or corporate email servers also may or may not support ActiveSync.

Legacy BBOS use BIS, and the BIS servers actively poll for new emails every few seconds, and if there is one, that mail is pushed to the device, so instead of waiting for the device (your phone) to poll itself (the default polling time is 15 minutes to save battery), you get the email as soon as the BIS server grabs it.
    I use gmail and various Microsoft (Hotmail, Live, Outlook) accounts. On Android phone, only the native gmail app delivers mail instantly. When I try to set the polling to faster than 15 minutes using the generic-mail app supplied by HTC/TMobile, I get a nasty warning telling me that it's not nice to set for faster than 15 minutes. And often, mail just doesn't show up at all, and sometimes arrives the next day!
    Something on my phone must be not right. My wife's BB Bold....just keeps working
    03-26-14 06:37 PM
    get rid of the HTC
    03-27-14 01:12 AM

I'm not sure how the underlying technology works, but I wonder if the difference just has to do with server handling, not the phone OS. I think all phone OS' notify you right away when the server pushes the message to the phone (if push is enabled). When I am at work, my email comes through on my iphone about 10 seconds earlier than outlook on my computer. I could be wrong though in how this actually works from a technical standpoint. Just not aware of any difference on the phone is side. Anyone know why my iphone beats outlook? And do blackberrys always beat outlook too?

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    03-27-14 06:53 AM
    My Bold 9000, then z10 and now z30 beats outlook, Samsung and ios devices always. At work, during board meetings, the BlackBerry users would all get the messages instantly, the S4 up to 15 minutes delay and the S3 were 30 minutes. Emailing my buddies with iphones seems hit and miss. Now we are all BB10 devices at work. Zero communication issues. We also set up different groups through BBM for broadcasting communications. As another note, I don't believe there is another mobile device that can handle emails, multiple attachments etc like BlackBerry can.

Posted via CB10
    stlabrat likes this.
    03-27-14 07:47 AM
    it is enough to use email to write/reply with attachments, and you understand that iOS email system... wait - is there any system?

and android lacks notifications/hub.
    03-27-14 07:58 AM
    Here's a real life example. Just recently my brother sent out pics of his new baby and it beat out everyone in the waiting room that comprised between gmail/yahoo/hotmail (I'm yahoo btw) users. I was the only BB device and it beat out the Androids and iPhones by at least 5 minutes. That's a lifetime when waiting for instant news.

All family members hovered around my BlackBerry and all other phones were forgotten.

Posted via CB10
    stlabrat likes this.
    03-27-14 07:59 AM
    True push email - Another win for BBOS!

Why is anyone surprised that legacy continues to outsell BB10 by a tonne.
    belfastdispatcher and TgeekB like this.
    03-27-14 08:08 AM
    I use three email accounts - a hosted exchange, and two Fastmail IMAPs.
    Set up natively, my Q10 will receive email instantly from any of the accounts.
    On my iPhone, the hosted exchange receives mail as quickly as the Q10. The Fastmail accounts are pushed as exchange through Nuevasync, and will hit the iPhone within seconds of the Q10 as well.
    As far as the email user experience, it's a personal preference. For me, the Q10 is easier and more efficient.
    03-27-14 08:09 AM
    Here's a funny one..my son and I were testing ours a couple weeks ago because I was giving him a hard time for not responding to me. Well turns out, they were just taking forever to get there. I lines up all our devices. A Z30, Q10, PlayBook, 2 ipod touch's, and an iPhone. I tried sending mail to a Hotmail account, then Yahoo. Both had identical results.
    1) playbook
    2) Q10
    3) Z30
    4) iPhone
    5) ipod

For some reason every time I get an email that playbook gets it seconds first. I have it on my bedside table using it as an alarm clock and I always know when an email is coming to my phone, I get a loud beep, then next my phone goes off. Ha.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 08:32 AM

Smh, so much misinformation gets thrown around this forum.

Sent from iOS using Tapatalk
    TgeekB likes this.
    03-27-14 09:54 AM
    The iphone has no push email, even where it does have push, only the subject of the email gets pushed, so many times I have to wait for the actual email body to load and sometimes that takes minutes. Sometimes it just can't do it.

Legacy true push email always wins.

Is Blackberry email better than iPhone and Android?-imageuploadedbycb-forums1395936039.298970.jpg

#believeinfilm
    03-27-14 11:01 AM

By how much, 3 seconds? I have Gmail on my Nexus 5 and it arrives almost instantly.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-27-14 02:55 PM
    well, my Android's gmail account is generally fine....it's how the Android handles secondary, etc. email addresses that aren't gmail. I've tried three or four email apps, and none perform as reliably as the primary, gmail address that is tied to the phone.
    That's my problem, compared to BB, which handles all email accounts efficiently
    03-27-14 03:08 PM
    I find my emails on my z30 comes in a few seconds before my ipad. And that is using I cloud as my email provider.

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Z30
    03-27-14 03:25 PM
39 12