I don't know if this is a dumb question, and I never wondered about it before until my cousin told me she doesn't have any other email address except the one she set up on her Berry...but anyway, is there a way to check your BlackBerry email on the computer?
    01-05-09 02:39 PM
    That I am not sure about maybe from the BIS site or the carriers website would be my only guess.
    01-05-09 02:48 PM
    No there is no way to check your carrier BlackBerry email on your computer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 02:52 PM
    Kvaughan is correct, it can't be done. Here is a workaround though http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/chec...15/#post851650
    01-05-09 02:59 PM
    Thanks! I guess I should have searched harder, heh.
    01-05-09 03:13 PM
    Kvaughan is correct, it can't be done. Here is a workaround though http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/chec...15/#post851650
    Well at least I've said *something* useful here. That workaround won't work without a minor change for the OP here, because there is only the cellco provided email address <[email protected]> which only goes direct to the phone.

The modification is simple - go make an external email address (or three), @gmail.com or something like that is fine, as long as it lets you have a decent size mailbox, enough for about 2 weeks of incoming mail. Ideally you want IMAP mailboxes if possible, rather than POP3.

You'll have to think of your own useful mailbox names. For this example let's call the new mailboxes
    <[email protected]>, give to people like family you always want their messages on your phone.
    <[email protected]>, give to people like the office, you want to choose when you read their messages.
    <[email protected]> Makes a copy of mail to the original phone-only address, but it is now accessible from PC and internet. This is the backup access for when something bad happens to the BlackBerry.

Now go into the cellco BIS setup website and login to the existing account where the phone's address is configured. There are two or three tasks
    * Setup <[email protected]> so it gets sent to the BlackBerry

* (Optionally) Setup <[email protected]> to be delivered to your phone. You can always go back and turn off the mail pickup when you take a vacation.

*Open (Edit) the existing mail config for the phone's email address <[email protected]> and set the Forwarding address to send a copy of incoming mail to <[email protected]>

If you're using gmail setup the filters as described in http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/gmai...lackberry-853/

Now save all the changes and resend service books (option on the BIS website). Start getting folk to use the new email addresses, and if you're lucky they stop using the @provider.blackberry.net address which you can't control so easily.

About once a week login and clear all the old copy messages from <[email protected]> to keep the mailbox clean. You've already seen them on the phone so just select them all and delete. If you don't "Delete on Mailbox" from your phone you also need to do housekeeping for the other mailboxes.
    01-05-09 04:01 PM
    I've always thought it strange that there's no way to check your @blackberry e-mail from a computer. I guess unless you forward it to another e-mail address. Which isn't a bad idea.
    01-05-09 04:06 PM
    Well done branta!

01-05-09 05:41 PM
    I've always thought it strange that there's no way to check your @blackberry e-mail from a computer. I guess unless you forward it to another e-mail address. Which isn't a bad idea.
    Not gonna lie, your avatar kinda scares me.
    01-05-09 06:20 PM
    Not gonna lie, your avatar kinda scares me.
    Nahhh... just proves he's got a photo editing program. (I think it's a he, the avatar face is a bit small on my screen)
    01-05-09 06:41 PM
    Nahhh... just proves he's got a photo editing program. (I think it's a he, the avatar face is a bit small on my screen)
    It's Bob Saget! lol
    01-05-09 06:44 PM
    I didn't read all this thread or search this topic but can you have you BB mail forwared to you pop3 or webased mail?

01-05-09 07:03 PM
    Yes. See my first post in this thread.
    01-05-09 07:06 PM
    I like your sense of humor Branta...
    01-05-09 07:08 PM
    I like your sense of humor Branta...
    Moi?
    01-05-09 08:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD