Took a flight to take the family out to visit the in-laws last week. Loaded up three PlayBooks with enough movies for the week, one for each kid. Wife decided to buy some cheap headphoness from the dollar store to take with us. Got on the plane, put on the headphones... could barely hear any audio over the background noise at full volume... from all three sets. Luckily, the flight had some sturdy looking headphones available; unfortunately, they had the same audio quality. I'm thinking it must be the ports on the PlayBooks as I've never used them.

On the flight back (by myself - yay for freedom for a few weeks!), I remembered I had stashed a set of headphones I received with the Z30 in my backpack. I take it out as I've used it a few times before on the phones and know it's good. I didn't know how good. Same quality on the phones as on the PlayBook. I nearly busted my eardrums with all the violence on the screen (kaijus and jaegers duking it out and Scott fighting the league of evil exes), I had to turn the volume down half way. Now I know why my brother never returned my Z10 headphones I lent him for yard work.

I must say, all the accessories that I've ever received in the box with my BB phones have always been of premium quality. I just didn't realize how premium they were as I thought all headphones would give me the same approximate audio quality.
    Mack Gans likes this.
    06-18-14 11:57 AM
    Lucky you, didn't receive headphones on my z10.
    But thanks for the post, I know what to order next! Been wanting to get new headphones

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 12:00 PM
    Lucky you, didn't receive headphones on my z10.
    But thanks for the post, I know what to order next! Been wanting to get new headphones

Posted via CB10
    Next time order your phone from shopblackberry.com, they bring headphones. You can order just the headphones from there too.

Posted via tin can telephone
    06-18-14 03:19 PM
    I'm glad you're enjoying the BlackBerry earphones included in the box. It's pretty much alright, but there are better. Those made by Sennheiser, AKG, or Westone can give you unparalleled sound quality, with regards also to your file source.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    06-18-14 03:34 PM
    Well, the out-of-box headphones from BlackBerry are okay, but definitely not more than that.

On a plane there's nothing else than Bose QC15 and if it's in ear I'd probably go for Sennheiser.
    nomloj likes this.
    06-18-14 03:40 PM
    Yeah, those Bose noise cancelling headphones are really made for that, to minimize the noise coming from the engines to the cabin.

nomloj likes this.
    06-18-14 03:46 PM
    Ron, you and Sunshine need to stop giving me ideas, otherwise the wife will come looking for you two. I don't use the headphones much, but I might have to invest in one or three just to see what the big deal is... probably like going from happily chewing sugar cane sticks to addicting chocolate bars! I'll have to go looking for a Bose QC15 now and I don't even fly all that much.
    06-19-14 03:45 PM
    Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    06-19-14 03:55 PM
    I prefer etymotic noise cancellation ear buds myself. Quality is close enough to the top brands and cost way less....

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 03:59 PM
    OEM ear pieces are good. If you want great sound try Bowers Wilkins c5 or Bang Olufsen 3i. Pricey but you can good deal on eBay.
    06-19-14 04:10 PM
    Ron, you and Sunshine need to stop giving me ideas, otherwise the wife will come looking for you two. I don't use the headphones much, but I might have to invest in one or three just to see what the big deal is... probably like going from happily chewing sugar cane sticks to addicting chocolate bars! I'll have to go looking for a Bose QC15 now and I don't even fly all that much.
    It's the best thing that you will ever buy for inflight convenience.
    06-19-14 04:19 PM
    BB headphones are good I like them. Now imagine a BB10 Mp3 player to go with them. That would be something.
    06-19-14 05:30 PM
    The earphones which came with my Bold 9900 are also awesome. I use these all the time with my 9900, PlayBook, Windows laptop and Android tablet (for watching Netflix). Amazing sound and quality. It's good to know the same experience continues with BB10 devices as well.
    Sayumi Whisp likes this.
    06-19-14 05:53 PM
    Yes OP they are great, I have enjoyed the sound on them and they can take a licking too:-)))

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 06:35 PM
    OEM ear pieces are good. If you want great sound try Bowers Wilkins c5 or Bang Olufsen 3i. Pricey but you can good deal on eBay.
    The JayBirdGear BlueBuds X Bluetooth earbuds have excellent audio quality with my BlackBerry Q5, Z10, and BlackBerry PlayBook. I get roughly 8 hours of continuous listening time on a full charge.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q5
    06-19-14 07:57 PM
    I quite like my BlackBerry earphones too, though mine are the WS-430. My Z30 came with the WS-410 ones, but I never tried them. Not sure what the difference is in sound between the two. Even the cord is nice -- I don't feel like it's going to snap at all.
    06-19-14 09:20 PM
    I'm sorry. But I'm sorry for your wallet, lol. Noise cancelling headphones are great esp. when you want to listen to music in peace. It's different from just cranking the music too loud to drown the outside noise because that will damage your hearing.

06-19-14 10:43 PM
    I prefer etymotic noise cancellation ear buds myself. Quality is close enough to the top brands and cost way less....

Posted via CB10
    One of the favorite audiophile ear buds. I'm not a fan of in-ears but I can't argue with sound quality.

06-19-14 10:45 PM
    My z10 had headphones too, and when I think about the ones from my Bold900 the z20 Headphones are so cheap and bad with sound

Wenn du das Weinen verlernt hast, bist du bereits tot (Sayumi Whisp)
    06-19-14 11:24 PM
    Head phones I got with my Z10 were average at best.

Out of all the headphones I've owned (ipod, samsung, motorola, sony, huawei...) the best by far are my old DSE $15 hook on ear phones, they rock.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3175
    06-19-14 11:29 PM
    Did you download the movies online into your play book??

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 11:31 PM
    Don't think it's in any doubt that you can get much better earphones, but for an included pair the ones with the Z30 are really rather good.

I tend not to buy expensive earphones for the simple reason that I lose them constantly. Hopeless.
    06-20-14 06:13 AM
    Did you download the movies online into your play book??Posted via CB10
    Download online? Uh, no... these are sort of my official backups... in mp4 format... downloaded from the PC.
    06-20-14 10:45 AM
    Next time order your phone from shopblackberry.com, they bring headphones. You can order just the headphones from there too.

Posted via tin can telephone
    Thanks, will do so. I hope when the passport comes out in other countries shopblackberry will also be selling it (we all know US carriers will wait a few months)

Posted via CB10
    06-27-14 07:20 AM
    Posted via CB10
    06-27-14 07:34 PM