Where can I get info on this? I really love my 8900 don't get me wrong, but the lack of 3G kills me lol

I get Wi-Fi but sometimes I feel like the network internet isn't worth paying $25 for if I never use it since its so slow.
    I tested a Bold at an AT&T retail store and the 3G is really fast, almost as fast as the Wi-Fi.
    I've heard some rumors that the Driftwood will be the first 3G Blackberry for T-Mobiles 1700 frequency, but I want more info.

Anyone?
    05-04-09 05:56 PM
    The only information that we have currently is from BGR. But I'm sure we may be hearing more about it soon especially with WES going on this week.

RIM’s upcoming devices: Onyx, Driftwood, Magnum : Boy Genius Report

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-09 06:33 PM
    No word on a release date though
    05-04-09 09:50 PM
    No word on a release date though
    No release date but like I said in my previous post, there is still hope for something more getting announced during WES this week.

05-04-09 09:59 PM
    Id almost guarantee that if the Driftwood does finally show, we dont get it until Quarter 1 2010. I just dont see it happening for a while. They just got the 8900.
    05-05-09 12:36 AM
    So no announcement from WES. They focused on just BES 5.0. Maybe late summer for some new BBs.

05-06-09 10:59 PM
    More info will probably come out after the 8520 and the 9630 are released

05-07-09 09:35 AM
    I found the EDGE on my 8700c to be quite fast, but yea 3G is much faster. My Storm browser, especially on OS 141 practically flies.
    05-07-09 09:42 AM
    Sorry but the wi-fi on my 8900 is 3x faster than 3G....... And I have wi-fi pretty much wherever I go. Home,work,office. 3G is obsolete.

05-07-09 12:38 PM
    Id almost guarantee that if the Driftwood does finally show, we dont get it until Quarter 1 2010. I just dont see it happening for a while. They just got the 8900.
    well not only that but they're also getting the 8520 Q4 2009.
    05-07-09 05:54 PM
    Sorry but the wi-fi on my 8900 is 3x faster than 3G....... And I have wi-fi pretty much wherever I go. Home,work,office. 3G is obsolete.

But you still can't surf the net and be on the phone at same time, can you?
    05-07-09 07:28 PM
    Can you?
    05-07-09 08:06 PM
    Yea I can do it.... Uma ftr is sweet

05-08-09 12:26 AM
    If you're on UMA all the time 3G is pointless.
    05-08-09 04:19 PM
    So still no news on the pluto?
    05-08-09 04:43 PM

i agree....add in UMA calling, BOO YAA!!! I have wanted to unlock a BOLD or STORM and even a iphone 3g but couldnt stomach it because I would be out of such awesome tmobile querks. that UMA calling has saved my business a couple of times. i have thought of getting a verizon or att account just to help out in weak tmobile area's but...tmobiles coverage gets better and better.
    05-09-09 02:24 PM
    Here is the latest information that we now have about the driftwood. It is now rumored for a September release and the specs are as follows:

• AWS 1700MHz + 2100MHz UMTS/HSDPA
    • 3.2 megapixel autofocus camera
    • GPS
    • Wi-Fi
    • QWERTY keyboard
    • Optical trackpad
    • 480�360 screen
    • Carbon fiber-esque back battery cover

BlackBerry Driftwood/Onyx hitting T-Mobile USA in September : Boy Genius Report

05-11-09 10:27 AM
    I would almost bet they may release it in August. With all the news of BB's outselling iphones they may want to capitalize while the economy is getting a little better. Of course they know some of us like BB's a lot and always want the newest phone out.
    05-11-09 10:51 AM
    I'm looking to upgrade my T-mo Curve to the 8900 sometime next week, but I came across this new "Driftwood" that's supposed to come out in September.

I'm sort of technology challenged with all of this 3G business. So should I wait until the Driftwood is released, or go ahead and buy the Curve 8900?
    05-13-09 12:04 AM
    I would just wait and see. If it won't come out in september, you could probably get the 8900 for cheaper by then.
    05-13-09 01:22 PM
    We need this phone for Verizon.
    05-13-09 03:53 PM
    Wifi's all nice and good but Jesus Christ guys some of us go out in public. And have lives. Going to parties/the bar sometimes, hanging out at friends' houses, going to parks and ****, picnics, grilling out, etc. Wifi doesn't do any good in most of those scenarios. And I'm not going to go to a random cookout I was invited to and act like a giant ******* nerd and ask for their wifi password.
    06-25-09 07:14 AM
    Wifi's all nice and good but Jesus Christ guys some of us go out in public. And have lives. Going to parties/the bar sometimes, hanging out at friends' houses, going to parks and ****, picnics, grilling out, etc. Wifi doesn't do any good in most of those scenarios. And I'm not going to go to a random cookout I was invited to and act like a giant ******* nerd and ask for their wifi password.
    Actually on Long Island, our local cable company Cablevision, has literally blanketed the area with WiFi if you have an account with them. Most parks/main streets/train stations/ect...
    06-25-09 07:29 AM
    3G is a non-issue for me as my neck of the woods (literally, Woods) isn't slated to get 3G at all on the 3G rollout this year.
    06-25-09 07:36 AM
    There are many differeneces between the onyx and the driftwood besides the carrier they are going to.
    From what I heard the driftwood is not like the onyx. It is like the.....

06-25-09 01:50 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD