This might seem a little odd but one of the reasons I chose to make the Q10 my daily driver over my Z10 was the absolutely atrocious quality and volume of the external speaker on the Z10. I CAN'T hear any of my alerts and notifications. I literally have to bump it (Z10) to at least 80% volume to even come close to hearing it. In contrast the Q10 not only sounds immensely clearer and sharp but it's louder as well. I only have to bump it (Q10) to around 35% volume to hear it very well. I work in surgery all day long and my BlackBerry's home is in a holster, I prioritize every important contact and email with very specific tones and alerts... and based on what I HEAR I know exactly who I need my nurse to get into contact with. The Z10 is awful and downright pathetic in this regard, I can't hear jack crap on it. The more I read on here about the upcoming 'Classic' and 'Windermere' the more I wonder if BlackBerry realizes how they screwed the Z10 in that respect and will hopefully continue on the path of the Q10 and Z30 as far external speakers go. I'm a huge physical qwerty fan and hope that the upcoming BlackBerry 10 phones will be heard LOUD and CLEAR.

(btw, I had a Z30 briefly and realize how fantastic the speaker quality is on it but holy cow was it BIG. It looked ridiculous in its holster and in my hands. The Q10 and even the Z10 is a better fitting form factor for me.)

Posted Securely Via Q10.
    05-15-14 10:55 AM
    Mine is fine! Happy with it!

Posted via CB10 Powered by Z10
    05-15-14 01:03 PM
    Z10 speaker is okay, and does very well for BBM voice calls. But for music and videos it leaves a great to be desired. It's definitely too quiet.

The Q10 speaker is very impressive for its size. Loud, rich and full bodied. Great for regular speakerphone calls as well as amazing for BBM voice calls.

Z30 is extremely good and holds its own and maybe surpasses the HTC One. It is very bright and loud, though at times a little thin on bass depending how it's positioned and what it reflects off. I notice that music is good but movies and voice calls are much better. Overall a little too bright. I bet it will sound great with music with the 10.3 equalizer.

I think the sleeper speaker out there is the Motox. Even though it's a mono speaker and on the back, it's the loudest I've heard and in some ways better than even the Z30 for lots of midrange voice presence. It can actually scare you with volume.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 01:58 PM
    Z10 speaker is okay, and does very well for BBM voice calls. But for music and videos it leaves a great to be desired. It's definitely too quiet.

The Q10 speaker is very impressive for its size. Loud, rich and full bodied. Great for regular speakerphone calls as well as amazing for BBM voice calls.

Z30 is extremely good and holds its own and maybe surpasses the HTC One. It is very bright and loud, though at times a little thin on bass depending how it's positioned and what it reflects off. I notice that music is good but movies and voice calls are much better. Overall a little too bright. I bet it will sound great with music with the 10.3 equalizer.

I think the sleeper speaker out there is the Motox. Even though it's a mono speaker and on the back, it's the loudest I've heard and in some ways better than even the Z30 for lots of midrange voice presence. It can actually scare you with volume.

Posted via CB10
    Really? Wow, that's VERY interesting. I'll have to find one and play around with it. Thanks for sharing.

Posted Securely Via Q10.
    05-15-14 03:04 PM
    I love my z10.... except the speakers for the ear piece sounds like it's blown

Posted via BlackBerry z10!
    05-16-14 05:37 AM