Didn't Netflix just have their most profitable quarter on the strength of "House of Cards?" (Awesome, by the way.)

I bet Arrested Development tops that.
    I just finished watching the entire first season of House of Cards last night.

Best show on television right now, and it's not even on television...

(I'll forever miss Spartacus and still waiting for Walking Dead... )
    05-03-13 07:22 PM
    Garbage in Canada. No selection.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    There are ways around that
    05-03-13 07:56 PM
    I"m not an analyst, but I'd say, if the still generate revenue/top line and flow that appropriately to the bottom line, creating a profit, they'll stay open and be successful.

Given that they've done that in the last 2 years EXCEPTIONALLY, they are here to stay. Although I can see them get out of the hardware and license their software one day.
    05-03-13 08:00 PM
    Silly thread title. Neither company is done.
    05-03-13 08:11 PM
    I just finished watching the entire first season of House of Cards last night.

Best show on television right now, and it's not even on television...

(I'll forever miss Spartacus and still waiting for Walking Dead... )
    Loved House of Cards. Not as smitten with Hemlocke Grove.
    xtremeled likes this.
    05-03-13 08:17 PM
    Whatever! Bottom line: netflix is for sheep that want their littel movies on their littel toys. You don't get it but that's cool BB is a TOOL for serious people. It isnt for everyone.

BB is for people with real jobs who need to get stuff done, and we dont' have time to watch movies on our little phones because we can afford to have home theaters and all the fixings. I can't even watch things without quadrophonic hi-fi sound system. Blackberry people are CLASS. Besides, who pays 8$ anyways for old movies?? I just download everythign from torrents FOR FREE. If you want to be dumb and pay for things that are free go ahead! I guess that's why you bought an iphone! LOL Well haters gonna hate!
    Not sure if srs...

Posted via CB10
    bluenote likes this.
    05-03-13 09:06 PM
    I got to thinking the other day about Netflix, and realized that I have literally NEVER used Netflix on my phone to watch a movie. Even my SGS3 would be a crappy experience. Although having Netflix in the App Store is a checked box on somebody's list, I could care less about Netflix on my phone.
    If you travel a lot, then it becomes very useful to have that app on your playbook. In fact most of the good hotels have LED TVs these days. You can carry an hdmi with you and hook your playbook to watch a movie. So while you may have a 60" or a 42" at home you cannot carry it while travelling. So definitely there are good uses, you just need to start thinking about them.
    05-03-13 09:23 PM
    Done as if?

Seems they are doing pretty well and yeah from time to time they lose content, but seems it's replaced just as fast. That and the in house productions, which have been fantastic will keep them going for the foreseeable future.

Love the sarcasm from some posters. Makes my day!

Fancy pants Note ||:-)
    05-03-13 09:24 PM
    Not sure if srs...

Posted via CB10
    It's sarcasm.
    05-03-13 09:28 PM
    Silly thread title. Neither company is done.
    That's the point I was trying to get across, I just didn't make it in my original post; just hoped that people would get the gist of it.
    05-04-13 02:22 AM
    Didn't Netflix just have their most profitable quarter on the strength of "House of Cards?" (Awesome, by the way.)

I bet Arrested Development tops that.
    Stupid post by the OP...no offense but Netflix is kicking *** right now...they are in a war with the old regime but are winning...they are crushing Amazon even...

Don't get me wrong...I don't watch Netflix on my portable devices but just because they don't make an app for your platform doesn't mean you have to try and find reasoning for them dying
    05-05-13 11:17 PM
    I think Netflix will not find a real reason to make an app for BB10 until BB10 is on the Playbook, it works well and an updated (hopefully renamed) hardware successor to the Playbook is doing well on the market (need to update bridge to accomplish that). Why? Because not everyone wants to watch it on a phone but, everyone wants the option to watch it on whatever they want to because that's what really makes the $9/month truly worth it (and a better selection of movies and T.V shows of course). If I had Netflix on my Playbook it would be worth it 10 fold to me right now and I wouldn't be contemplating cancellation. Plug microHDMI to playbook, use bb as remote and tether if needed, have portable entertainment. Do this with other (free) streaming sites and I still go back to Netlix. Commuting home while watching shows is one thing, but having movies and shows at your fingertips at a hotel is genius. Would like to see a media dock with BT remote for BB10 tablets for at home or even on the road. This could be an opportunity for both companies, they just have to see that potential. Blackberry would be the one pitching here I think. Netflix won't budge unless BB can prove successful in building a larger BB10 client base. Which means tablets Thorsten. Which means getting it on the Playbook. What faster way to build a clientbase for the platform than in 1 big update for PB? Make a successor too. I would start with a 7" first personally.
    05-06-13 12:13 AM
    Whatever! Bottom line: netflix is for sheep that want their littel movies on their littel toys. You don't get it but that's cool BB is a TOOL for serious people. It isnt for everyone.

BB is for people with real jobs who need to get stuff done, and we dont' have time to watch movies on our little phones because we can afford to have home theaters and all the fixings. I can't even watch things without quadrophonic hi-fi sound system. Blackberry people are CLASS. Besides, who pays 8$ anyways for old movies?? I just download everythign from torrents FOR FREE. If you want to be dumb and pay for things that are free go ahead! I guess that's why you bought an iphone! LOL Well haters gonna hate!
    Less coffee. More time in the sun away from the computer. Repeat.

Posted via CB10
    Prince_Poppycock likes this.
    05-06-13 12:19 AM
    People keep saying BlackBerry is done if they can't get big apps like Netflix, but I think Netflix is done before BlackBerry can get to them! :P

Warner Bros., MGM, Universal Collectively Pull Nearly 2,000 Films From Netflix To Further Fragment The Online Movie Market | Techdirt

Article:
    And this is what encourages pirating.. lol

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 09:09 AM
    *Check*

There is ALWAYS a post in EVERY Netflix thread that implies "one could care less (in almost that exact, misused phrase every time) about Netflix" on mobile.

Now, all we are waiting on is the "who watches Netflix on a phone? I have a 60-inch TV at home" post to round out the day...
    Why can't people get the dam phrase correct? One couldn't care less
    05-07-13 03:20 AM

Quadrophonic hi-fi. What decade are you from?
    05-07-13 03:23 AM
    Quadrophonic hi-fi. What decade are you from?
    Jealous? I got Dolby B also!
    05-07-13 05:45 AM
    One of the most well managed companies..

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 06:37 AM
    Jealous? I got Dolby B also!
    Okay now that made me laugh.
    05-07-13 08:13 AM
    Seems like this WB thing is only available on PC and Roku, it's not even on iOS or Android, let alone BB!!!!!!
    05-07-13 08:23 AM
    Netflix has an excellent business model going forward. I was skeptical at first but I think they're going to turn into a production company basically.

Imagine you could only watch HBO shows on something like "HBOFlix" and on top of that watch thousands of other streaming content.

Netflix was first to market and I think they've got a bright future...they could easily replace home TV if their content continues to get better and more exclusive.
    05-07-13 11:54 AM
    Unreal. I guess because Netflix is considered BB Enemy #1 by some here (along with BGR, "shorts" and DoD) they have to be doing badly LOL.
    Why the DOD? There was an article that said the DOD was dropping BlackBerry but the DOD themselves released a statement the next day saying it was totally false. In fact, the DOD just approved the Z10 for use a couple of days ago.

BGR (Boy Genius Report) makes sense since the (balding) "Boy Genius" himself (Johnathan Geller) has said he doesn't get why BB10 was even made, and last week on CNBC said he thinks in 5 years BlackBerry will have long since gone out of business.
    05-07-13 12:06 PM
    Netflix has an excellent business model going forward. I was skeptical at first but I think they're going to turn into a production company basically.

Imagine you could only watch HBO shows on something like "HBOFlix" and on top of that watch thousands of other streaming content.

Netflix was first to market and I think they've got a bright future...they could easily replace home TV if their content continues to get better and more exclusive.
    I was skeptical too, but I think they have a model that is going to shake stuff up big time.
    05-07-13 12:12 PM
    LOL the whole netflix was high risk foolery all round.I dont know why people even get into these subscriptions but hey.

I have been streaming online films for at least a decade free.They dropped the ball longtime creating nonsense like apps.When in reality it just streams off website like any other video player probably got tangled with drm issue didnt help the.

People been streaming films tv shows for a good decade.I really find netflix hype comical when that service been free for so long.
    Awesome you getting free stuff, thanks for sharing the links!
    05-08-13 04:46 PM
    Why can't people get the dam phrase correct? One couldn't care less
    Pinker famously classed 'I could care less' as an ironic/sarcastic statement. I prefer to consider it an idiomatic expression.
    Either way, 'could care less' is used and understood to mean 'couldn't care less' for wide swaths of the English speaking world.

Deal with it.
    05-09-13 09:58 AM
50 12