As a Sprint subscriber currently using a Q10 I make it a point to periodically check the phones for sale online. Today I noticed that BlackBerry is no longer listed. I guess the Q10 could be the end of the line for BB on Sprint, so it might be time to take my business elsewhere.
    Anthony_2u likes this.
    05-05-15 12:52 PM
    Was pretty much only a matter of time anyway.. when they never took on ANY device after the Q10 it started to look pretty bad. They could add Classic to their lineup, but I'd think we'd of heard that by now if that was the plan.
    05-05-15 01:00 PM
    They probably stopped selling BlackBerry when I switched to T-Mo, after nearly 18 years as a Sprint customer, because they got sick of me asking what their plans were for BlackBerry going forward.

05-05-15 01:05 PM
    I figured this day would come too, but held out hope that the Classic or another device would eventually be released. I've been with Sprint since I first purchased the Curve 8330, alas it appears I’ll be migrating to another more BlackBerry friendly carrier soon.
    world saviour and Anthony_2u like this.
    05-05-15 01:07 PM
    Well...since the slider was going to be a GSM only device anyway I was pretty much planning to leave when that came out.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 01:36 PM
    Sprint phones have to be custom-made with their own unique combination of radios - Sprint phones work on no other networks. This means that in order for Sprint to offer a phone, they have to buy them in a large enough quantity for the manufacturer to spend the money to engineer and manufacture that special Sprint phone for them, which means Sprint also has to buy that whole batch of phones (because no one else in the world would want them), which then means that Sprint only buys phones they expect they can sell through to customers.

Sprint obviously believes that they wouldn't be able to sell enough BB phones to justify buying a batch from BB, so they haven't placed an order. BB would be happy to make them for Sprint if Sprint wanted to order them, but again, due to minimum batch size, Sprint isn't going to place that order unless they have a high confidence that they'll all sell through.
    Bbnivende and Anthony_2u like this.
    05-05-15 05:26 PM
    BlackBerry should make phones that support all network bands such as apple does since the iphone 4s

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 05:41 PM
    Sprint are in a dodgy situation due to their network (choice). Maybe for the sake of survival, would it be cheaper to add GSM network bands and abandon their tech in the long run?

  Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....  
    05-05-15 06:10 PM
    Sprint phones have to be custom-made with their own unique combination of radios - Sprint phones work on no other networks. This means that in order for Sprint to offer a phone, they have to buy them in a large enough quantity for the manufacturer to spend the money to engineer and manufacture that special Sprint phone for them, which means Sprint also has to buy that whole batch of phones (because no one else in the world would want them), which then means that Sprint only buys phones they expect they can sell through to customers.

Sprint obviously believes that they wouldn't be able to sell enough BB phones to justify buying a batch from BB, so they haven't placed an order. BB would be happy to make them for Sprint if Sprint wanted to order them, but again, due to minimum batch size, Sprint isn't going to place that order unless they have a high confidence that they'll all sell through.
    Which makes their decision to try and sell 15billion worth of iphones even worse..especially when they can't afford it lol!

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 07:35 PM
    I figured this day would come too, but held out hope that the Classic or another device would eventually be released. I've been with Sprint since I first purchased the Curve 8330, alas it appears Ill be migrating to another more BlackBerry friendly carrier soon.
    How many BlackBerry friendly carriers are there?

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 11:32 PM
    How many BlackBerry friendly carriers are there?
    I'd say Verizon and AT&T would qualify, they each offer the Passport and Classic, and at least an unlocked variant could be activated on T-Mobile.
    05-06-15 07:43 AM
    Sprint is the worst! They ripped me off big time!

Posted via BBM Premium
    05-06-15 08:05 AM
    I'd say Verizon and AT&T would qualify, they each offer the Passport and Classic, and at least an unlocked variant could be activated on T-Mobile.
    Since when does Verizon offer the Passport?
    rthonpm likes this.
    05-06-15 08:54 PM
    Since when does Verizon offer the Passport?
    Strike that from the record. Verizon and AT&T offer current generation BB phones, however Verizon does not yet offer the Passport.
    05-06-15 10:10 PM
    Strike that from the record. Verizon and AT&T offer current generation BB phones, however Verizon does not yet offer the Passport.
    Hence my original question. How many Blackberry friendly carriers are there? Do you realize that that these "friendlies" as you call it are the ones holding the release of the Blackberry operating system?

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 10:51 PM
    Smaller carrier but the sprint phones work on cspire. Same LTE bands.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 07:00 AM
    Is Sprint going to be selling ANY phones for very much longer. Seriously
    05-07-15 09:32 AM
    This also bothers me as a Sprint customer. I'm still using a Q10 and I'm fine with that but I want to see BB support. This is why BlackBerry should just say the hell with it and push software updates right around the carrier. Because the carriers just don't care anymore anyway.
    06-22-15 10:26 PM