Hey everyone!!!

Need some general tips and info!!

I have a Iphone I am looking to trade I put it on CL and got quite a few hits I am really looking into the bold 9700 no luck for a trade yet though =(

I have how ever got quite a few other trades

So I was wondering what else is a good BB Id rather not get the trackball one I heard they tend to crap out

I need something that has email,texting,web,maps,

Off the top of my head

thanks everyone!!!
    11-26-09 10:41 AM
    Id rather not get the trackball one I heard they tend to crap out
    The Trackball is actually very reliable, I have never had a problem with mine and I suspect better then 90% of BlackBerry users have the same experience.

However, when it does happen, it's a $10 DIY fix to install a replacement.

All BlackBerrys do the same core jobs, all of those are common and identical across the range of devices.

Your choices will be, Keyboard or Touchscreen.

Beyound that, low cost and here now, or wait for the next generation device.

I will refer you to our Marketplace policy, it is only permitted in the specific subfourm and only after you have been a member for 90 days, with a 100 post history. That rule is in place to protect our member from scammers.
    11-26-09 12:22 PM
    cool thanks!!

Any advice/opinions on which BB's to look at?
    11-26-09 01:41 PM
    If staying with AT&T is required, you will be comparing the Pearl, Curve and Bold.

Pearl, everything you want in a BlackBerry in a business card form factor. The SureType keyboard takes a bit of practice, but once you get it dialed in, sweet!

Curve is bigger, more comfortable on the belt then in the pocket. Keys are spaced nicely, screen is adaqute, device memory is limited.

Bold is a hip mounted, lots of memory and a fantastic Hi-res screen in a compact form.

All of the above are readily available, but suffer from one critical flaw.... time marches on.

The next generation of BlackBerry Smartphones will be able to use more advanced software because they will have much more memory.

But, you can always upgrade.
    11-26-09 02:05 PM
    When is the next generation coming out? Sorry im so new to this LOL

edit yes stuck with ATT but thought you could unlock most BB's
    11-26-09 02:10 PM
    You can unlock any BlackBerry to work on any carrier, however this does not mean complete support for the particular BlackBerry. Most features will work though, don't worry (as long as you buy a GSM device).

The "next generation" isn't coming soon. Recently we had the Bold 9700 and Storm2 rock the floor, which represent the very high-end and consumer series of BlackBerrys. Having that said it is best to let your wallet decide. You will in the end get a BlackBerry anyway and that is what counts most.
    11-26-09 02:28 PM
    When is the next generation coming out? Sorry im so new to this LOL

edit yes stuck with ATT but thought you could unlock most BB's
    BlackBerry� Bold� 9700 | AT&T wireless services

BlackBerry� Bold� 9700

The 3G BlackBerry� Bold� 9700 is the newest member of the exclusive BlackBerry Bold family of smartphones. This stylish world phone offers a sleek and refined design with a brilliant high-resolution screen, and delivers the power of 256-MB flash memory, 624-MHz processor, and high-speed data access on the nation's fastest 3G network.* Experience all the features of this fully loaded device such as email, calendar, and contacts; GPS support for AT&T Navigator; integrated Wi-Fi for work, home, and on the go; a 3.2-MP camera with auto focus; preloaded Facebook and MySpace; Visual Voicemail, and the new optical track pad�all to access the important things quickly and easily.

Buy Now
    11-26-09 03:56 PM
    Hey everyone!!!

Need some general tips and info!!

I have a Iphone I am looking to trade I put it on CL and got quite a few hits I am really looking into the bold 9700 no luck for a trade yet though =(

I have how ever got quite a few other trades

So I was wondering what else is a good BB Id rather not get the trackball one I heard they tend to crap out

Off the top of my head

thanks everyone!!!
    Don't let the Trackball scare you off from the BB line I had 2 8820 BB phones for 2 years only had to replace 1 track ball in one of them and that was a 2 min thing not a big deal at all
    11-26-09 04:50 PM
    I would look at the Bold 9700
    11-26-09 10:03 PM
    I agree with the 9700.
    11-26-09 11:29 PM
    go for the 9700
    11-27-09 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD