Can someone interpret what these graph titles refer to after running the "test for device responsiveness":
    Flash Free, Flash Free on reset, Total Heap size, Total Allocations, Total Garbage?

Its great to have the diagnostic capabilities, but I would like to know what they mean and how they affect my phone's performance.
    02-08-12 12:33 PM
    im trying to figure ou the same thing.

Every time I run it, it says my phone is running low on memory. I usually have 17-25% free memory.

Im only using 1gb out of 6gb of space on my phone and I've deleted thousands of emails.

I have no idea how to "fix" it
    02-08-12 04:02 PM
    Well it is what it is ... isnt it ??
    02-08-12 06:43 PM
    Well it is what it is ... isnt it ??
    LOL! Indeed, it is what it is. But the question still remains, what is it? What does Flash Free, Flash Free on Reset, Total Heap Size, etc. mean.

Though humorous, your response is about as helpful as a screen door on a submarine.
    02-09-12 06:41 AM
    Can someone interpret what these graph titles refer to after running the "test for device responsiveness":
    Flash Free, Flash Free on reset, Total Heap size, Total Allocations, Total Garbage?

Its great to have the diagnostic capabilities, but I would like to know what they mean and how they affect my phone's performance.
    I'm not 100% sure, but BatteryEx differentiates between RAM and Flash. My impression is that Flash is onboard storage, whereas RAM is where the apps "live" and function. So, music, video files, etc. would be in Flash till used. As I said, I'm guessing on that. BatteryEx may use the term in a different way. On a PC Heap size refers to how RAM is used for data. It's also used relating to java. Allocations would be how many memory blocks are created. Garbage is the one I haven't seen as a technical term, but I'll guess it has something to do with useless or temporary files.
    newcollector likes this.
    02-09-12 07:42 AM
    im trying to figure ou the same thing.

Every time I run it, it says my phone is running low on memory. I usually have 17-25% free memory.

Im only using 1gb out of 6gb of space on my phone and I've deleted thousands of emails.

I have no idea how to "fix" it
    It gives you the option to reboot.
    02-09-12 08:27 AM
    I'm not 100% sure, but BatteryEx differentiates between RAM and Flash. My impression is that Flash is onboard storage, whereas RAM is where the apps "live" and function. So, music, video files, etc. would be in Flash till used. As I said, I'm guessing on that. BatteryEx may use the term in a different way. On a PC Heap size refers to how RAM is used for data. It's also used relating to java. Allocations would be how many memory blocks are created. Garbage is the one I haven't seen as a technical term, but I'll guess it has something to do with useless or temporary files.
    I guessed the same as you on Garbage. On the others, I'll have to take your word for it. Basically if my RAM is high, and stays high, then there may be an app causing that. Garbage reduction presents a number of options, i.e. clear history and stuff out of browser, clean memory. I think I'll play with responses and see. What I usually find is I start at 30 and by end of day am at 29. At 30 the device responsiveness says everything is okay. At 29 it indicates that there MAY be an effect on my device. I haven't noticed any, but that is what the function says.
    02-09-12 09:02 AM
    Lol... I would explain but I'd be saying the same things as the previous posters... What I usually look for is a normal drain rate and about 40-41% + responsiveness...usually at those levels my device is fine... I think if the free memory gets low the analyser tells u to reset
    Last edited by mervinking; 02-09-12 at 09:47 AM.
    02-09-12 09:42 AM
    Lol... I would explain but I'd be saying the same things as the previous posters... What I usually look for is a normal drain rate and about 40-41% + responsiveness...usually at those levels my device is fine... I think if the free memory gets low the analyser tells u to reset
    Right now my responsiveness test says I am at 30 which it says is fine. Sure wish Kevin or one of the guru's here or at RIM would write a definitive article on the Analyzer with full definitions and explanations of all the features.

Guess it is time for some hardcore research. I'll post what I find out if it is any different than Kraski's thoughts. It will be my luck that I'll find something and still not understand what I find. Then what it is it will be and I will know what it is but will not know it...I think.
    02-09-12 09:51 AM
    To be honest all that other stuff it offers are useless... No one needs to do that much analysis on their phoned performance if its working then its fine... The most likely solutions is to delete apps that run the highest cpu and memory.. But most of the time those Are the apps you really want to keep so it becomes pointless lol
    02-09-12 11:04 AM
    Flash Free is the percentage of free application memory. It's good for tracking memory leaks.
    newcollector likes this.
    02-09-12 11:25 AM
    You know you can reap a ton of information that is less cryptic from your Applications Management section. With the header highlighted scroll left or right and view: Applications, CPU, Usage, Memory and Application Storage. Just a suggestion.
    02-09-12 07:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD