This thread is the dumbest thing I have ever read. What apps do you need and how many. I mean really? BlackBerry has quality apps in the store and what you can't find, Snap does the rest. Get real.
    Dude relax, to each is own. If he feels this way then for God's sake man let bygones be bygones. It's not hurting you that he has such a strong opinion. I wish BlackBerry would partner up with Nokia and Motorola, not because of apps but hey more native BlackBerry built apps would be nice.

Keep The Faith ? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    03-01-14 01:12 AM
    well the apk has been modified to work on most android devices now so it should work sideloaded onto blackberry 10,

[PORT,0.71][All Porting Bugs Fixed][from Nokia X][4.1.2+]Nokia Store - xda-developers

apk link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tsbmt2dpcai8e4c/N.apk
    Cool thread! Thanks for sharing. I don't doubt that the store will install on a BB device. But in an article I read on Nokia X, the author talked about how Microsoft was going to replace Google's services with their own. So any apps that need some type of service to run, will still work with Microsoft being used in place of Google. This is the piece that Blackberry is missing it seems.

A lot of people don't see the logic behind BB and Microsoft/Nokia partnering up, but I think the relationship would be mutually beneficial. Blackberry could help Windows Phone to integrate more tightly with BES, and thus improve Microsoft's chances in the enterprise. And in return Blackberry could get to use the Nokia X app store and all of Microsoft's services.
    toneytone likes this.
    03-01-14 09:26 AM
    Ermm hello!?! Directly installable .apk files downloaded from the Web are a feature of 10.2.1.x you don't need to sideload from a computer anymore.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.1925 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.1
    Please. Most people have no idea what an apk is let alone know how to download one lol

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Rello, bbq10l and LuvULongTime like this.
    03-01-14 02:00 PM
    Cool thread! Thanks for sharing. I don't doubt that the store will install on a BB device. But in an article I read on Nokia X, the author talked about how Microsoft was going to replace Google's services with their own. So any apps that need some type of service to run, will still work with Microsoft being used in place of Google. This is the piece that Blackberry is missing it seems.

A lot of people don't see the logic behind BB and Microsoft/Nokia partnering up, but I think the relationship would be mutually beneficial. Blackberry could help Windows Phone to integrate more tightly with BES, and thus improve Microsoft's chances in the enterprise. And in return Blackberry could get to use the Nokia X app store and all of Microsoft's services.
    They only way for BB to have a good relationship with MS is to make a WP for them. Could be a possibility in other markets.
    03-01-14 02:06 PM
    It is easy to install Snap, yes. Can you download apk's easily yes. The problem is you don't know which Android apps are going to destroy your battery and which ones won't.

The first thing asked to people when they complain of battery problems on here is "what Android apps do you have installed. Get rid of them of you have some on there because they could be sucking your battery down."
    03-01-14 02:46 PM
    Please. Most people have no idea what an apk is let alone know how to download one lol

Please provide imperial measurement as a proof to back up the validity of this statement.

Posted via CB on BB10
    03-01-14 10:13 PM
    They don't plug their computer into another computer though do they? :P

Neither do I. Android apps are usually pointless on BB10 anyway. The OS already does everything that Android users need apps to do, and if it doesn't, there's already an app of high quality in BlackBerry World.

In a pinch, install an APK. If it doesn't work it's because it's up to no good, trying to do naughty things that BlackBerry prevents it from doing.

As a former Android user, I can tell you that the apps thing is waaaay overblown.
    03-01-14 10:36 PM
    Please provide imperial measurement as a proof to back up the validity of this statement.

Posted via CB on BB10
    No. You provide proof that everyone finds it easy to find apks

Rello, bbq10l and techvisor like this.
    03-02-14 08:10 AM
    Neither do I. Android apps are usually pointless on BB10 anyway. The OS already does everything that Android users need apps to do, and if it doesn't, there's already an app of high quality in BlackBerry World.

In a pinch, install an APK. If it doesn't work it's because it's up to no good, trying to do naughty things that BlackBerry prevents it from doing.

As a former Android user, I can tell you that the apps thing is waaaay overblown.
    I agree with you. But for some people apps are important even though they will only use them once and never again!

03-02-14 08:12 AM

You don't need to know what an .apk file is to tap "Download" on the screen and then tap "Install". You make out like the average BlackBerry smartphone user is a gibbering vegetable.

Here's a challenge for you, if you have BB10.2.1.x on your phone go here and discover how excruciatingly painless it is to install the Amazon App Store and get easy access to thousands of Android apps:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/get-app...UvbUpU10073331

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.2141 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.1
    03-02-14 11:33 AM
    You don't need to know what an .apk file is to tap "Download" on the screen and then tap "Install". You make out like the average BlackBerry smartphone user is a gibbering vegetable.

Here's a challenge for you, if you have BB10.2.1.x on your phone go here and discover how excruciatingly painless it is to install the Amazon App Store and get easy access to thousands of Android apps:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/get-app...UvbUpU10076065

You providing a link to get the Amazon market store merely highlights what I'm trying to say. Installing apks is easy. Obtaining those apks is the issue. Hence the op requesting that an apk market comes with the device...
    Is it really that big a deal that people have to argue about it?

03-03-14 01:59 AM
    You providing a link to get the Amazon market store merely highlights what I'm trying to say. Installing apks is easy. Obtaining those apks is the issue. Hence the op requesting that an apk market comes with the device...
    Is it really that big a deal that people have to argue about it?

Which is why when 10.2.1.x launched CrackBerry ran so many articles along the lines of "How do I get Instagram on BB10" explaining exactly what to do and where to go so that when someone Googles that question the article comes up in the results.

03-03-14 03:34 AM
    Which is why when 10.2.1.x launched CrackBerry ran so many articles along the lines of "How do I get Instagram on BB10" explaining exactly what to do and where to go so that when someone Googles that question the article comes up in the results.

And the op is of the opinion that that is not enough. I agree with him.

bbq10l likes this.
    03-03-14 03:31 PM
    My sister's iPhone becomes seriously hot when I play games with it. Not warm but really hot!

So I know that when my Z30 becomes a little warmer than normal, I have nothing to worry about.
    03-03-14 03:45 PM
    And the op is of the opinion that that is not enough. I agree with him.

BlackBerry are not likely to buddy up with a direct rival device manufacturer to put their 3rd party app store on BlackBerry phones as a stock app whether we like it or not.

What is happening in the mobile space is that, thanks to Android apps running in a virtual machine, they are themselves becoming the cross platform app format of choice, or rather convenience. Other mobile OS vendors are getting in on this piece of free pie. I bet it won't be long before it is common place for TV adverts for products or services with "apps" to instruct you to download the "such and such app store to your mobile and search for our app XYZ".

The age of walled gardens is ending, here comes choice.

03-03-14 10:57 PM
    BlackBerry are not likely to buddy up with a direct rival device manufacturer to put their 3rd party app store on BlackBerry phones as a stock app whether we like it or not.

What is happening in the mobile space is that, thanks to Android apps running in a virtual machine, they are themselves becoming the cross platform app format of choice, or rather convenience. Other mobile OS vendors are getting in on this piece of free pie. I bet it won't be long before it is common place for TV adverts for products or services with "apps" to instruct you to download the "such and such app store to your mobile and search for our app XYZ".

The age of walled gardens is ending, here comes choice.

I would love for what you are saying to become a reality and maybe it will. Maybe i'm too pessimistic but I can't see it happening anytime soon. Not as long as iOS remains as big as it is.

03-04-14 02:40 PM
    I dont see how some of ya'll seem to think this is just all common knowlegde for most consumers. Its not...

If you arent on crackberry (and mayb even if you are), you might know that BB10 can run android apps, but you probably have no idea of what a apk is or that there are places to go so that you can get them. I got 3 friends on BB10 and only one of them is installing apks outside of BBW...and thats only because i sideloaded Snap for them. The other two would have no clue of where to start if you asked them to go install "X" app that wasnt in BBW. No this doesnt represent everyone but in my opinion, I highly doubt most people know about these things than not.

And stop saying apps are overblown people. Mayb to you it is, but BB10 doesnt offer everything right out the box that a android app can provide. Thats absolutely silly. None of my banks had a native app on BB10, nor a offical android app. I also couldn't use Netflix or any other games not in BBW i currently have on my Z10 if i didnt know how to install apks. Its very ignorant to say that BB10 provides all the functionality that everyone would need
    bbq10l likes this.
    03-04-14 03:02 PM
42 12