How cool would it be if BlackBerry would make the coolest ever stand alone desktop. Like the IMAC. Imagine a truly fully powered BlackBerry bb10 OS system ,with an advanced version of blend helping to make everything flow. A blackberry bing style browser, that has a steady constantly updated row of moving tiles similar to Windows 10, and the option to pay �9.99/$9.99 a month for the best online, no ads experience on the planet. ! Hmm mm.?

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 09:37 AM
    For a pipe dream, it seems rather underwhelming. If you're going to fantasize, crippling lack of development manpower, app library and market interest aside, might as well make it free. Furthermore, this is probably the first time I've ever heard someone include "coolest ever" and "Bing" in the same train of thought.

Oh, by the way, 1 pound is not 1 dollar.
    01-11-16 09:44 AM
    Not to be rude. But there is not much a demand for a new desktop os.
    Brandon Andrathy likes this.
    01-11-16 09:45 AM
    If I could run AutoCAD, Revit and Photoshop on it - pretty much a requirement as an architect - I'd think about it.

Otherwise, what's the point?

Posted via CB10
    gugomat likes this.
    01-11-16 09:55 AM
    How cool would it be if BlackBerry would make the coolest ever stand alone desktop. Like the IMAC. Imagine a truly fully powered BlackBerry bb10 OS system ,with an advanced version of blend helping to make everything flow. A blackberry bing style browser, that has a steady constantly updated row of moving tiles similar to Windows 10, and the option to pay �9.99/$9.99 a month for the best online, no ads experience on the planet. ! Hmm mm.?

Posted via CB10
    BB can't come close to competing with Apple, Microsoft and Google in phones. And that is BBs area of experience. And you want them to try competing in desktops? Seriously?
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    01-11-16 11:23 AM
    Not sure about desktop OS but apparently they are working on a 'dashboard' OS, lol. Do you like to work in your car?

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 01:13 PM
    This is not so far fetched. It wasn't that long ago that HP was just beginning to look into putting webOS on a desktop and now look how far it's come.

desktop webOS | webOS Nation
    01-11-16 01:19 PM
    This is not so far fetched. It wasn't that long ago that HP was just beginning to look into putting webOS on a desktop and now look how far it's come.

desktop webOS | webOS Nation
    Absolutely nowhere?

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry_Pwner likes this.
    01-13-16 04:11 AM
    I remember starting a similar thread like this with a mini laptop. It's not that farfetched of an idea qnx started out that way so to speak.

The power of the force and the  passport.
    01-13-16 12:03 PM
    For a pipe dream, it seems rather underwhelming. If you're going to fantasize, crippling lack of development manpower, app library and market interest aside, might as well make it free. Furthermore, this is probably the first time I've ever heard someone include "coolest ever" and "Bing" in the same train of thought.

Oh, by the way, 1 pound is not 1 dollar.
    Lol ouch.

01-13-16 12:04 PM
    I remember starting a similar thread like this with a mini laptop. It's not that farfetched of an idea qnx started out that way so to speak.
    That the device could be built is not farfetched at all. What is farfetched is the notion that people would find much reason to use a BB10 tablet. You would still have the existing platform competition of iOS and Android but would also be taking on Microsoft which is no slouch in tablets with an OS called Windows. All three have massive ecosystems.

The only possible way that QNX is going to show up on a tablet is perhaps in a pop-out in-dash display, although I can't think of a good reason for doing that either.
    01-13-16 02:11 PM
    Lol ouch.

The power of a mouse and a slimport cable... there is your desktop!!!

:-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    01-13-16 03:53 PM