Any news on when this should be out? Actually, any news what so ever would be greatly appreciated.
    04-06-09 11:49 AM
    Never?

It is very frustrating being on a Mac.. PocketMac is a program you can use but its not very good.
    04-06-09 01:00 PM
    Never?

It is very frustrating being on a Mac.. PocketMac is a program you can use but its not very good.
    That's what I heard. But with the Blackberry MAC Media Sync they did, I hoped they would push out a DM shortly afterwards.
    04-06-09 01:09 PM
    That's what I heard. But with the Blackberry MAC Media Sync they did, I hoped they would push out a DM shortly afterwards.
    Ha.. that is a hope we have all had for years.
    04-06-09 01:12 PM
    Ha.. that is a hope we have all had for years.
    How long has this been an issue? It's crazy to think RIM neglects to create a DM for Mac and leave so many Mac/BB users in the dark.
    04-06-09 03:55 PM
    How long has this been an issue? It's crazy to think RIM neglects to create a DM for Mac and leave so many Mac/BB users in the dark.
    Yea it sucks. I'll never put windows on my MacBook either. I have to use my old laptop for my BB.
    04-06-09 04:50 PM
    Have you MAC guys tried this? Pocket Mac?

BlackBerry - BlackBerry for Mac

not sure if that helps you at all
    04-06-09 05:08 PM

BlackBerry - BlackBerry for Mac

Pocket Mac is horrible. It barely works (if it works). I can't even get it onto my Mac anymore, while installing it just automatically closes. I will not pay for a Mac syncing program either. RIM should be providing them.
    04-06-09 05:10 PM
    That one is from the Blackberry website. lol i dont have a Mac ....yet was just trying to chime in. and wait to see before i got one, how its was gonna work with my sotrm
    04-06-09 05:14 PM
    I doubt it will happen. OTA upgrades are the way if you use a Mac. You can sync using a couple of programs and that is one more than the PC world has.

Native upgrades will probably never happen because it would be a HUGE task to distribute every OS for every phone in two versions.

It would help if Mac sales were not falling. After all you only have about 7% of the end user market (this does not include the 3% that is used in graphics shops and recording studios).

MOst apps are available OTA so 90% f what you need is available. IMO, RIM has other priorities right now.

Do a search of the Mac forum and you'll see that this subject has been done to death a number of times.
    04-06-09 05:28 PM
    I think it will happen. When that will happen? Who knows, but what happens to those who don''t even have a data plan with a Mac? Then OTA is out of the question. Mac might not have as many users as windows since people want to switch, but don't like "different", so its harder to get people to switch.

They should have DM for Mac users though as many people do have Macs. They should have made a program with Media Sync in it for the Mac, not just Media Sync.

The reason why this same subject is being repeated so many times is obvious, they need to have DM for Mac already .
    04-06-09 06:01 PM
    Yeah I tried PocketMac and hated it..
    04-06-09 06:19 PM
    Pocketmac = horrible
    04-06-09 06:23 PM
    i am thinking of getting a bold but i also have a mac. does The Missing Sync for BlackBerry software work well?
    04-06-09 06:46 PM
    Here's hoping for RIM to release a BlackBerry mimicked version of iTunes + AppStore for the iPhone that would work for our BBs.
    04-06-09 07:02 PM
    I doubt it will happen. OTA upgrades are the way if you use a Mac. You can sync using a couple of programs and that is one more than the PC world has.

Native upgrades will probably never happen because it would be a HUGE task to distribute every OS for every phone in two versions.

It would help if Mac sales were not falling. After all you only have about 7% of the end user market (this does not include the 3% that is used in graphics shops and recording studios).

MOst apps are available OTA so 90% f what you need is available. IMO, RIM has other priorities right now.

Do a search of the Mac forum and you'll see that this subject has been done to death a number of times.
    But, 7% of a multi-billion dollar market is huge! Also, you would think that this would be one of their "bigger concerns" because without a viable option for mac users, they are going straight for the iPhone.
    04-06-09 07:42 PM
    It's interesting you say that Anderson3133 because I heard from a RIM employee in the UK only a few weeks ago that RIM were indeed developing BlackBerry Desktop for Mac. Of course this does not mean it will actually arrive, but it would seem logical seeing as how OS X is a vastly superior, more secure and faster Unix operating system. No?
    04-16-09 10:52 AM
    Seeing that BB now has the very man mainly responsible for OS X and the iPhone in their emplyoment, it shouldn't be terribly long before it happens.
    04-20-09 06:16 PM
    The Media Sync has worked great for me as far as media goes.. still need a program for uploading OS, etc..
    04-20-09 09:01 PM
    i am thinking of getting a bold but i also have a mac. does The Missing Sync for BlackBerry software work well?
    I use MS, but it has it's issues. I have found that it does not like repeating events. Bluetooth works will. I also have Fusion with XP to update the OS and to create themes with Plazmic.
    04-20-09 10:11 PM

thanks it is helpful
    04-21-09 12:24 AM
    Never?

I agree. My BB completely died yesterday morning, and when I took it to Sprint, they had to give me a brand new one, but since I had synced 2 days prior to my phone dying, I thought no big deal.

Uhhh..no.

Apparently, I must have been syncing incorrectly this whole time because it only loaded a small amount of contacts onto my phone as well as a snippet of my calendar.

No themes. No photos. Nothing. And I had heard that supposedly BB does this whenever you sync. I guess with PocketMac, it doesn't sync all of this info?

Is this what desktop manager is supposed to do?

Why oh why do they not create these programs for Macs????????
    04-22-09 01:45 PM
    I agree. My BB completely died yesterday morning, and when I took it to Sprint, they had to give me a brand new one, but since I had synced 2 days prior to my phone dying, I thought no big deal.

Uhhh..no.

Apparently, I must have been syncing incorrectly this whole time because it only loaded a small amount of contacts onto my phone as well as a snippet of my calendar.

No themes. No photos. Nothing. And I had heard that supposedly BB does this whenever you sync. I guess with PocketMac, it doesn't sync all of this info?

Is this what desktop manager is supposed to do?

Why oh why do they not create these programs for Macs????????
    Desktop Manager on Windows not only does complete backups/custom backups, it also syncs, it has a media manager for you to manage your media in the phone. Of course if you have a media card, you can drag and drop in the windows explorer. But what it also does, is it also can be used to upgrade/downgrade OS's and revive "dead/bricked" blackberries. If I left something out, someone let me know please .
    04-22-09 04:25 PM
    telus user in Canada. Telus does not support Pocketmac (call it PM)

Called rim got transfered after being on hold for a while to tech in Irvine Tx.

Wanted to load itunes onto storm. Steps were tune off storm after making sure that mass media was on and then take out the battery which resets the storm. restart and restart pm it then says it will allow itunes. But after watch stargate and now atlantis its still loading.
    04-22-09 06:58 PM
    hope RIM make better pocketberry or mac..
    04-23-09 01:20 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD