There has been a tremendous amount of rumor swirling about that Google Play Store will arrive on BlackBerry 10. The rumor has it that BlackBerry 10.2.1 will usher in the support of Google Play Store to aid in giving BlackBerry 10 users access to a plethora of apps.

We’ve reached out to BlackBerry for comment on the matter and received this official statement:

“We can confirm that there is no planned support for Google Play on BlackBerry. BlackBerry World remains the primary source for trusted and curated BlackBerry applications and we continue to support open standards and open source tools so BlackBerry developers can continue to create apps on any of the development platforms we support.”

For those hopefuls who thought that Google Play Store on BlackBerry 10 would have been beneficial, you can keep dreaming. BlackBerry looks to keep their app ecosystem whole through BlackBerry World.
    Source
    Man@Arms likes this.
    11-11-13 07:23 PM
    Good!

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30.
    Jiggy1971 likes this.
    11-11-13 07:24 PM
    Nice don't have to cancel nexus 5 order

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 07:25 PM
    So the apk direct method rumor was right
    11-11-13 07:28 PM
    F*ck

----------------------------
    11-11-13 07:29 PM
    I still say wait and see, of course they would deny it right, I mean why admit it right now? If the are "still" in talks with Google or testing

Posted from my Z30.
    Jiggy1971 likes this.
    11-11-13 07:31 PM
    I still say wait and see, of course they would deny it right, I mean why admit it right now? If the are "still" in talks with Google or testing

Posted from my Z30.
    I think "no planned support" would have to include anything that is still in talks and not finalized. If it's in talks it still means it's planned.
    mathking606, gg bb and Drew808 like this.
    11-11-13 07:34 PM

Posted from my Z30.
    No. They would say something like, "no comment," or other words to that effect like "we are not prepared at this time to issue any directives pertaining to potential future partnerships."
    11-11-13 07:47 PM
    So the apk direct method rumor was right
    I haven't heard that one... Please explain..
    11-11-13 07:50 PM
    And consumers will continue to go on denying Blackberry sales.
    11-11-13 07:51 PM
    I haven't heard that one... Please explain..
    Someone said that we will be able to sideload apk files without conversion. I don't see BlackBerry denying that here. But I also have no idea if the person who wrote that rumor had any actual real info
    11-11-13 07:52 PM
    Hmmm interesting..lets see what Kevin hears back from them
    11-11-13 07:57 PM
    Someone said that we will be able to sideload apk files without conversion. I don't see BlackBerry denying that here. But I also have no idea if the person who wrote that rumor had any actual real info
    Ahh.. Well that could be a start.. If they don't block Google Play and allow direct apk installs, then it could be a use at your own risk (and not officially supported).

Just need to sideload Google Play then. I'm sure Google would block it though.
    11-11-13 07:57 PM
    Ahh.. Well that could be a start.. If they don't block Google Play and allow direct apk installs, then it could be a use at your own risk (and not officially supported).

Just need to sideload Google Play then. I'm sure Google would block it though.
    Nice to see you back around more freeze
    11-11-13 07:59 PM
    Nice to see you back around more freeze
    I know. I had a crazy life for awhile, but things are finally slowing down and settling in.

Also, I had a hiatus from BlackBerry with an iPhone for a very short amount of time and an Android.

Once the Z10 dropped I picked it up and LOVE it. Picking up the Z30 as soon as Verizon gets it.

I plan to use the Z10 for testing and side loading.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 08:05 PM
    This could indicate they plan to exit the handset market in the near future. It's sad they seem to have learned nothing from the debacle of the last few months.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 08:07 PM
    This could indicate they plan to exit the handset market in the near future. It's sad they seem to have learned nothing from the debacle of the last few months.

Posted via CB10
    Um. How do you come to that conclusion from this?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 08:11 PM
    Um. How do you come to that conclusion from this?

Posted via CB10
    Consumers have clearly rejected BlackBerry. Without a decent app ecosystem, they will not consider buying this phone. Google access could have opened up a whole new world and increased interest and sales. If they have no plans to get the apps, they don't seem to care that the phone has been rejected or are not willing to do anything about it. So maybe they don't really care anymore about handset sales. Maybe they plan to turn their attention elsewhere where a robust ecosystem is not so important.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    11-11-13 08:17 PM
    Nice don't have to cancel nexus 5 order

Posted via CB10
    I would get the Moto X if Bell will sell it.
    11-11-13 08:23 PM
    Shocking news!
    not.

silly rabbits.
    Oscar_E likes this.
    11-11-13 08:23 PM
    Consumers have clearly rejected BlackBerry. Without a decent app ecosystem, they will not consider buying this phone. Google access could have opened up a whole new world and increased interest and sales. If they have no plans to get the apps, they don't seem to care that the phone has been rejected or are not willing to do anything about it. So maybe they don't really care anymore about handset sales. Maybe they plan to turn their attention elsewhere where a robust ecosystem is not so important.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe it will just be much much easier for developers to add the Android port to BlackBerry World. I think that could have nearly the same impact.
    bradu1 likes this.
    11-11-13 08:24 PM
    Even if it had the ecosystem why would they buy blackbery? It's not like the hardware is the next best thing.
    bbq10l, bekkay and Poirots Progeny like this.
    11-11-13 08:24 PM
    Maybe it will just be much much easier for developers to add the Android port to BlackBerry World. I think that could have nearly the same impact.
    They haven't and they wont.
    11-11-13 08:32 PM
    Laughed at this:

"BlackBerry World remains the primary source for trusted and curated BlackBerry applications"
    11-11-13 08:37 PM
    Even if it had the ecosystem why would they buy blackbery? It's not like the hardware is the next best thing.
    I totally agree. I was just focusing on that one point.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 08:37 PM
69 123