Maybe they have this in mind:
    Attachment 211868
    Hilarious! lol Definitley a communication device (first and foremost) that Kirk, Spok, and McCoy used to "get things done" and to "keep moving forward"--and at warp speed too! lol Plus, it never needed any third-party apps... lol
    10-19-13 08:25 PM
    Hilarious! lol Definitley a communication device (first and foremost) that Kirk, Spok, and McCoy used to "get things done" and to "keep moving forward"--and at warp speed too! lol Plus, it never needed any third-party apps... lol
    But we are sure to be told the Star Trek communicator is running on QNX,
    bbq10l likes this.
    10-19-13 09:18 PM
    If bb is going to be for productive people, it better have the BEST productivity suite. That means the best office document editors, cloud access, etc. right now the other platforms have better productivity apps AND better time wasters. It's going to take a lot of work to beat out the competition for good productivity apps. And they need to woo the third party productivity apps. For example Evernote is nowhere near iOS on the z10, what would you choose for business if your company used Evernote?
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    10-19-13 09:54 PM
    Ironically, I get things done more on my BB10. I use Apple for more social stuff. To each their own. Everybody on this forum right now are clawing at straws. We all think we know but we all don't know jack.

What does this mean?

You can get more things done on the other platforms. They have all the apps needed for every profession!

Guess who doesn't?

This argument would hold water if it was still 2007
    10-19-13 10:33 PM
    Ironically, I get things done more on my BB10. I use Apple for more social stuff. To each their own. Everybody on this forum right now are clawing at straws. We all think we know but we all don't know jack.
    That is ironic.

(BBM#33)
    10-19-13 10:38 PM
    Actually we do know. There are apps available on other platforms that can be required/needed/useful for peoples profession.

Tons of medical apps, engineering, IT, science, teaching, sporting, automotive, photography, blogging and many others.

If you need one of those apps to get your work done, and BBWorld doesn't have it, how are you suppose to use your BB to get that work done? The browser?
    10-19-13 10:47 PM
    Actually we do know. There are apps available on other platforms that can be required/needed/useful for peoples profession.

Tons of medical apps, engineering, IT, science, teaching, sporting, automotive, photography, blogging and many others.

If you need one of those apps to get your work done, and BBWorld doesn't have it, how are you suppose to use your BB to get that work done? The browser?
    What Blackberry is basically saying with "prosumer" is:
    "We've been working on a time machine in conjunction with the work being done by Mike Lazaridis and his quantum computing lab to reset the clock to 2006. No need for medical apps, engineering, IT, science, teaching, sporting, automotive, photograph and blogging. Email and slow internet browsing will be king again.

Coming soon to a prosumer near you."
    bbq10l likes this.
    10-20-13 08:31 AM
    Must not be many left in the world then.

Or, people have found way to get thing done without Blackberry.

Or, absolutely nothing is getting done by the majority of the world.

Wonder which it could be.
    In my experience, it's been the latter. Whether it's a work networking opportunity or even a pure social event, I notice most iPhone users on their phones are not paying attention. They are playing games or on some time wasting app. Android users less on games than iPhone but still on time wasting apps. In both cases, they are not paying attention to the people they are there with.

So it doesn't look they are handling anything productive like sealing a deal or replying to an important message that requires more than a short response (most messages I see from those users are short, not timely and many times full of typos).

I deal with a few hundred people and that may be a small sample size but if that's what people are mostly doing, they sure as hell are not getting things done outside of just killing time.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 08:54 AM
    I understand why ISheep forum and IRobot forum are so boring . Better close them because all their members prefer Crackberry forum.

Crackberry rocks !!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 09:15 AM
    Even more worrisome than this "prosumer " red herring? The fact that some folks believe it, and trumpet it as good strategy.

I'm convinced BBRY doesn't believe in it itself.
    Work and Play is where I see where this is angling at at the professional and consumer all-in-one. That's leveraging their BlackBerry Balance offering right?

So if it's a BYOD world we are entering, I hook into the enterprise secure space with their enterprise email and mobile apps coming from their app store.

Then in during my breaks I can tend to my HUB for personal emails, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, read some news and watch parts of an episode of Breaking Bad all in my personal space. All without my IT administrator knowing or caring what I do on it.

When work is done, I can check what my schedule on evening plans and messages all in one app (the HUB), update my blog with my WordPress app, compose some updates (maybe some photos too) on my Twitter and Facebook and reply to some personal emails using HUB, I may start putting together a video of my last trip with Storymaker, reply to some personal emails, read up on some news, watch some videos in the BB BROWSER, see what's going on in the Crackberry app, and maybe I may play the new Iron Man 3 game!

Hey look, I have a BALANCED experience and I'm efficient. I think I'm a PROSUMER.

Come on Tre. :P

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 09:18 AM
    This "prosumer" thing is total nonsense.

Blackberry just can't find a market to target that they're not getting beat in, so they invented one. The sad thing is using iOS and Android still already cover and offer more for this fictitious "prosumer" market anyway.

If Blackberry is going to create a BS market, at least create one that excludes your competition.
    These guys can't even lie right.
    10-20-13 09:28 AM
    In my experience, it's been the latter. Whether it's a work networking opportunity or even a pure social event, I notice most iPhone users on their phones are not paying attention. They are playing games or on some time wasting app. Android users less on games than iPhone but still on time wasting apps. In both cases, they are not paying attention to the people they are there with.

So it doesn't look they are handling anything productive like sealing a deal or replying to an important message that requires more than a short response (most messages I see from those users are short, not timely and many times full of typos).

I deal with a few hundred people and that may be a small sample size but if that's what people are mostly doing, they sure as hell are not getting things done outside of just killing time.

Posted via CB10
    I think these are excuses for BlackBerry not having the same app ecosystem. While I agree that BlackBerry users are more productive, it's also because they don't HAVE the option to be unproductive because we don't have the same app ecosystem.

I at least want the options in my phone to have all the media and game apps that ios and android have
    bobauckland likes this.
    10-20-13 09:31 AM
    The problem right now is BlackBerry has neither the major productivity apps or the major non-productivity apps. So they still can't meet the needs of their market of the quarter, which will likely change next quarter.

Posted via CB10
    bbq10l likes this.
    10-20-13 09:35 AM
    In effect, BB is saying a 'Prosumer' is someone who is perfectly content on the BB7 platform since BB7 does everything the Prosumer desires.

Interesting strategy...
    10-20-13 10:20 AM
    In effect, BB is saying a 'Prosumer' is someone who is perfectly content on the BB7 platform since BB7 does everything the Prosumer desires.

Interesting strategy...
    For most professions, bb7 offers way more app wise than bb10

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 10:30 AM
    I think these are excuses for BlackBerry not having the same app ecosystem. While I agree that BlackBerry users are more productive, it's also because they don't HAVE the option to be unproductive because we don't have the same app ecosystem.

I at least want the options in my phone to have all the media and game apps that ios and android have
    Is it an excuse? Or is it that the main key apps are already taken care of?

Don't be offended if I don't want to do business with you if I feel you are easily distracted. Some guy that wanted to do business with me , I could never figure out why I could never reach him or why he would take a long time to get back to me. When I bumped into a diner with him, guess what he was playing a game or Facebooking for non business purposes. We talk about ecosystem but I think there's a culture with that too. Using a BlackBerry is tied to work and if you don't want to work, you just want to play. These are the implicit things I pick up when ideal with people.

Check out what one site has recommended for 2013 top apps. http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2393099,00.asp
    Rehashed from year to year and of the things that may matter for productivity (like a good keyboard swiftkey/Swype which I have on my droid ), is already baked into the BlackBerry 10 better than both when it comes to accuracy and efficiency.

Look these are the only Droid apps I care to download and guess how frequent are they really used and how much of them are really productive? Mostly for leisure and these are the main apps I use on my droid and is devices. I have a barren wasteland of unnecessary apps that create clutter and waste storage space.

-img_00000002.png

I don't speak for all BlackBerry users but this is my experience and how I identify with the brand. I'm honestly quite tired of seeing this constant questioning of who they are trying to target because they sure as hell nailed it for me.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 loaded with 10.2.0.1725
    10-20-13 02:35 PM
    Is it an excuse? Or is it that the main key apps are already taken care of?

Don't be offended if I don't want to do business with you if I feel you are easily distracted. Some guy that wanted to do business with me , I could never figure out why I could never reach him or why he would take a long time to get back to me. When I bumped into a diner with him, guess what he was playing a game or Facebooking for non business purposes. We talk about ecosystem but I think there's a culture with that too. Using a BlackBerry is tied to work and if you don't want to work, you just want to play. These are the implicit things I pick up when ideal with people.

Check out what one site has recommended for 2013 top apps. http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2393099,00.asp
    Rehashed from year to year and of the things that may matter for productivity (like a good keyboard swiftkey/Swype which I have on my droid ), is already baked into the BlackBerry 10 better than both when it comes to accuracy and efficiency.

Look these are the only Droid apps I care to download and guess how frequent are they really used and how much of them are really productive? Mostly for leisure and these are the main apps I use on my droid and is devices. I have a barren wasteland of unnecessary apps that create clutter and waste storage space.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000002.png 
Views:	320 
Size:	244.3 KB 
ID:	212012

I don't speak for all BlackBerry users but this is my experience and how I identify with the brand. I'm honestly quite tired of seeing this constant questioning of who they are trying to target because they sure as hell nailed it for me.

Well their app relations guys admit they have a long way to go.
    I don't think anyone would be upset if you said you didn't want to do business with them on the Internet, frankly some of the things you've said on this thread suggest you don't really get productive people or tech.
    If you can't see the advantages and benefits in choices then there's a problem.
    If you can't see why people need reliable banking apps there's a problem.
    Frankly, if you think they've nailed the app situation with bb10, there's a serious serious problem, and even the BlackBerry people would admit that or they'd be publically patting themselves on the back instead of admitting there's a long hard road ahead.

Posted via CB10
    bbq10l and bp3dots like this.
    10-20-13 02:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's because there was app for that and they got their work done before the social event.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 10-20-13 at 09:28 PM.
    bbq10l likes this.
    10-20-13 03:26 PM
    you seriously didn't know what a prosumer is, reporters didn't know either? god no one does their research yet, a prosumer is still a consumer its just a productive one not one lookign to play games and listen to music. they are a consumer lookign to get their **** done, go ahead and google what a prosumer is you'll find your answer clear as day
    kolowosh likes this.
    10-20-13 03:46 PM
    Well their app relations guys admit they have a long way to go.
    I don't think anyone would be upset if you said you didn't want to do business with them on the Internet, frankly some of the things you've said on this thread suggest you don't really get productive people or tech.
    If you can't see the advantages and benefits in choices then there's a problem.
    If you can't see why people need reliable banking apps there's a problem.
    Frankly, if you think they've nailed the app situation with bb10, there's a serious serious problem, and even the BlackBerry people would admit that or they'd be publically patting themselves on the back instead of admitting there's a long hard road ahead.

Posted via CB10
    Nobody is denying that they are trying. I think you are speaking from a purely consumer perpective and not giving enough credit to the enterprise space that are for that type of professional (I don't necessarily count independent contractors or small businesses that don't use large scale enterprise apps).

I want an end-to-end MDM service offering that can manage my employees while allowing them to keep their own private and personal space. All this with built in end-to-end security and configuration that prevents corporate leakage. I can use the corporate local BlackBerry World to roll out apps for them with a devkit made for the platform I'm using. Don't forget, the new BB10 is equipped now along with the associated hardware to handle what BB 7 and under couldn't. I can play games you wouldn't think of on the BB 7 and under if I wanted to. This is the transition to the future and a much better experience than what it was before. I don't want to deal with third parties in my corporate space that are trying to architect a hodge podge of my mobile enterprise ecosystem.

What I used as some examples are real life and not hypothetical. Am I an outlier or the common case? Is BlackBerry quality and TCO to be only indicated by sales or are we so clouded and influenced that we don't quite see the real value add to what BlackBerry as a whole offers?

As for banking apps, I can only speak for Canada but they now have all the main banks that were created by the banks and their development team (in house or not). Not one of them are created by BlackBerry or Research in Motion.

-img_00000005.png

Maybe people should be focusing their efforts on the companies that aren't creating the apps with consumer advocacy than spending so much time on thinking BlackBerry can do it all on their own.

10-20-13 03:56 PM
    Nobody is denying that they are trying. I think you are speaking from a purely consumer perpective and not giving enough credit to the enterprise space that are for that type of professional (I don't necessarily count independent contractors or small businesses that don't use large scale enterprise apps).

I want an end-to-end MDM service offering that can manage my employees while allowing them to keep their own private and personal space. All this with built in end-to-end security and configuration that prevents corporate leakage. I can use the corporate local BlackBerry World to roll out apps for them with a devkit made for the platform I'm using. Don't forget, the new BB10 is equipped now along with the associated hardware to handle what BB 7 and under couldn't. I can play games you wouldn't think of on the BB 7 and under if I wanted to. This is the transition to the future and a much better experience than what it was before. I don't want to deal with third parties in my corporate space that are trying to architect a hodge podge of my mobile enterprise ecosystem.

What I used as some examples are real life and not hypothetical. Am I an outlier or the common case? Is BlackBerry quality and TCO to be only indicated by sales or are we so clouded and influenced that we don't quite see the real value add to what BlackBerry as a whole offers?

As for banking apps, I can only speak for Canada but they now have all the main banks that were created by the banks and their development team (in house or not). Not one of them are created by BlackBerry or Research in Motion.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000005.png 
Views:	284 
Size:	191.8 KB 
ID:	212025

Maybe people should be focusing their efforts on the companies that aren't creating the apps with consumer advocacy than spending so much time on thinking BlackBerry can do it all on their own.

I'm afraid you've got two problems.

Firstly you're going into very very specific requirements, keeping in mind the BlackBerry balance bit is available to a very small subsection of people using bb10 devices. The actual usage of that feature would arguably not justify the purchase and limitations of bb10, or they'd be selling a lot more.

Secondly you start by saying that people who use games etc are time wasters and not productive, then say bb10 is better than bb7 because you can play better games.
    That sounds quite hypocritical to me.

In terms of the consumer v professional standpoint my opinion is this. As a consumer I have better games and timepass options on competing platforms.

As a professional I can manage my time, email, agenda and productivity as well as be more effective at my job using apps available on other systems, not on BlackBerry.

As a traveller bb7 offers advantages through bis that bb10 doesn't.

Overall then, the device and os doesn't really excel in any area, and falls well short of the competition in many areas.
    For very few people, and I'd put myself in that category, the combination of a decent camera and joys of a physical keyboard and an os that makes use of it, makes the q10 very marginally the best device for me at this specific moment in time.

I can't see how it would fit anywhere beyond a very very small subset of people however.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 04:31 PM
    I'm afraid you've got two problems.

Firstly you're going into very very specific requirements, keeping in mind the BlackBerry balance bit is available to a very small subsection of people using bb10 devices. The actual usage of that feature would arguably not justify the purchase and limitations of bb10, or they'd be selling a lot more.

Secondly you start by saying that people who use games etc are time wasters and not productive, then say bb10 is better than bb7 because you can play better games.
    That sounds quite hypocritical to me.

In terms of the consumer v professional standpoint my opinion is this. As a consumer I have better games and timepass options on competing platforms.

As a professional I can manage my time, email, agenda and productivity as well as be more effective at my job using apps available on other systems, not on BlackBerry.

As a traveller bb7 offers advantages through bis that bb10 doesn't.

Overall then, the device and os doesn't really excel in any area, and falls well short of the competition in many areas.
    For very few people, and I'd put myself in that category, the combination of a decent camera and joys of a physical keyboard and an os that makes use of it, makes the q10 very marginally the best device for me at this specific moment in time.

I can't see how it would fit anywhere beyond a very very small subset of people however.

Posted via CB10
    Am I looking into specific requirements? Large corporations deals with 10s of thousands of employees here. Adoption and migrations takes years of planning and implementation and if something deviates from the status quo of meeting current enterprise business mandatory requirements, then it's just pilots and sticking to the status quo until the market matures further. If you've done large procurements where there are hundreds if not thousands of requirements, you'll see why it's not quite black and white.

You are using the sales indicator that doesn't necessarily mean more sales is better. If that was the main reason someone buys something, then that's a problem in itself. I need to make sure the company's requirements are met first so that they can manage their workforce. Now from a PURE non-enterprise consumer perspective, the apps aren't all there that someone immersed from the iOS and Android ecosystem. I started out in a Windows mobile and Android world before BlackBerry. I was late to the BlackBerry game but eventually I saw what they could offer that was most important to me. I was their durability, build quality, keyboard, core apps, and yes even the UI from BB0S 6 and 7.

Am I being hypocritical? Reread my previous post where I said play games "if I wanted to". In fact, read my other posts where I state I'm "more efficient" with BlackBerry doing those same productivity tasks. Why are you either misinterpreting or being selective in what I'm discussing about? The reason I bring up the gaming is to show where BB10 and it's respective hardware can match up to the competition. Lot of benchmarking is done on performance and graphics using games so if BB10 can show that, it helps. Think about it, if market share on the consumer side is being lost to the competition because of games and rich graphic apps, wouldn't you at least try to that too? Then it's a matter of the BB developer community to build for the new OS. No way in hell could you try this with BB OS devices unless it's for low performance/graphic games. Don't forget, I also own a Droid and iOS 6 so don't think I haven't tried doing the same things. I find most of the time I don't have time to play all the games and leisure social apps on them (they make up 90% of my apps). To me, for efficiency on productivity, BlackBerry is better irrespective of games and leisure apps. I need to make reliable phone calls, be

10-20-13 05:29 PM
    In terms of productivity, BB offers:
    • hub
    • documents to go
    • story maker
    • file manager
    • cloud integration
    • print to go
    • hdmi connection
    • usb host
    • dlna
    • remote access to your computer
    • miracast
    • wifi direct
    • nfc

In the near futur, BBM4ALL and the Channels.

Everything you need to be productive is integrated, no need of external apps.
    10-20-13 05:43 PM
    Am I looking into specific requirements? Large corporations deals with 10s of thousands of employees here. Adoption and migrations takes years of planning and implementation and if something deviates from the status quo of meeting current enterprise business mandatory requirements, then it's just pilots and sticking to the status quo until the market matures further. If you've done large procurements where there are hundreds if not thousands of requirements, you'll see why it's not quite black and white.

You are using the sales indicator that doesn't necessarily mean more sales is better. If that was the main reason someone buys something, then that's a problem in itself. I need to make sure the company's requirements are met first so that they can manage their workforce. Now from a PURE non-enterprise consumer perspective, the apps aren't all there that someone immersed from the iOS and Android ecosystem. I started out in a Windows mobile and Android world before BlackBerry. I was late to the BlackBerry game but eventually I saw what they could offer that was most important to me. I was their durability, build quality, keyboard, core apps, and yes even the UI from BB0S 6 and 7.

Am I being hypocritical? Reread my previous post where I said play games "if I wanted to". In fact, read my other posts where I state I'm "more efficient" with BlackBerry doing those same productivity tasks. Why are you either misinterpreting or being selective in what I'm discussing about? The reason I bring up the gaming is to show where BB10 and it's respective hardware can match up to the competition. Lot of benchmarking is done on performance and graphics using games so if BB10 can show that, it helps. Think about it, if market share on the consumer side is being lost to the competition because of games and rich graphic apps, wouldn't you at least try to that too? Then it's a matter of the BB developer community to build for the new OS. No way in hell could you try this with BB OS devices unless it's for low performance/graphic games. Don't forget, I also own a Droid and iOS 6 so don't think I haven't tried doing the same things. I find most of the time I don't have time to play all the games and leisure social apps on them (they make up 90% of my apps). To me, for efficiency on productivity, BlackBerry is better irrespective of games and leisure apps. I need to make reliable phone calls, be

[Continued on as I prematurely posted by accident ]

.. make reliable phone calls, best keyboard (physical and virtual), all-in-one messaging, high quality build and ruggedness and key social apps to keep me connected. I have top of class mobile browser. A decent camera with built in software for timeshift, HDR, and built in filters from the get go. Good PPI for HD viewing, and other things I can't state anymore because I have things to do now. Maybe I'll be back later.

Bottom line, although things are not perfect on the consumer side, im satisfied on the professional enterprise side of things and what it can do. Consumer can be better but so far so good.

10-20-13 05:47 PM
    you seriously didn't know what a prosumer is, reporters didn't know either? god no one does their research yet, a prosumer is still a consumer its just a productive one not one lookign to play games and listen to music. they are a consumer lookign to get their **** done, go ahead and google what a prosumer is you'll find your answer clear as day
    Sorry, A lot of people expect to be able to get stuff done AND entertain themselves. There's no reason to sacrifice the consumer features of a device. Not to mention the fatc that there are still mor productive things on other platforms too.

Day in a real "Prosumer's" life:

Alarm to wake up
    Music to work out
    News during breakfast
    Music/Talk radio for commute
    Calendar/Email/Office/other business apps for "getting stuff done all day"
    Game for after lunch "break"
    Banking app - depositing checks from clients
    Video chat with potential customer
    Reminder popup, pick up sweetest day gift for the wife.
    Open Table app for surprise reservations to the wife's fave dinner spot
    Music for commute home/ride to dinner
    Cable company app, set DVR from the car for the game/real housewives/ancient aliens that you realized you're going to miss.
    Good camera, so the waiter can grab a pic of you and your wife at dinner.
    Instagram, share that pic with friends all over the world.
    Music for ride home from dinner.

That's how you use a device to get everything done.
    pantlesspenguin and bbq10l like this.
    10-20-13 09:02 PM
118 12345