• print to go
    • hdmi connection
    • usb host
    • dlna
    • remote access to your computer
    • miracast
    • wifi direct
    • nfc

In the near futur, BBM4ALL and the Channels.

Everything you need to be productive is integrated, no need of external apps.
    No Siri or Google Now? You have to type stuff? That's so 2010. Stop living in the past man!!!!
    10-20-13 10:24 PM
    In my experience, it's been the latter. Whether it's a work networking opportunity or even a pure social event, I notice most iPhone users on their phones are not paying attention. They are playing games or on some time wasting app. Android users less on games than iPhone but still on time wasting apps. In both cases, they are not paying attention to the people they are there with.

So it doesn't look they are handling anything productive like sealing a deal or replying to an important message that requires more than a short response (most messages I see from those users are short, not timely and many times full of typos).

I deal with a few hundred people and that may be a small sample size but if that's what people are mostly doing, they sure as hell are not getting things done outside of just killing time.

Posted via CB10

I can say the same thing about folks playing Brick Breaker and Texas Hold 'Em on their BlackBerries when RIM wad everywhere.

People that act that way will most likely act that way. People that don't will be beyond your notice because their device (regardless of platform) is tucked away somewhere.
    10-20-13 10:33 PM
    Pretty much what I said a month ago. Took them a while to fess up

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...1/#post9220937
    10-21-13 07:33 AM
    "We need to focus on the consumer. No, wait, we need to focus on Enterprise. Noooo, its all about the Prosumer now, lets focus on them"

What an absolute disaster, Zero direction for years now.
    10-21-13 07:41 AM
    No Siri or Google Now? You have to type stuff? That's so 2010. Stop living in the past man!!!!
    It's all you got!!!!

About Siri, il's for entertainment, not really a productivity tool. ("Siri, tell me a bad joke", "Siri do you love me", etc)

Google Now is a productivity tools, all the commands menu are related to productivity. Blackberry has its own:"Voice Control" oriented business productivity.

BTW, I have forgotten to add this feature in my list. Thanks
    10-21-13 09:22 AM
    About Siri, il's for entertainment, not really a productivity tool. ("Siri, tell me a bad joke", "Siri do you love me", etc)
    The commercials show the fun stuff, of course. However, most of us use Siri to do things like call contacts, message contacts, schedule appointments and reminders, send short emails, set alarms, and create and modify notes. It's pretty useful when driving as you can keep your eyes on the road. I think prosumers do this kind of stuff, don't they?
    kbz1960 and pantlesspenguin like this.
    10-21-13 09:30 AM
    I think it goes further than that. It's NOT only the apps. Apple figured out a way to create an Apple way of life. It realized that business people and, uh, prosumers are consumers first, and consumers most of the time.

So now, you can have computers, home automation, car functionality, phone, t.v. and let's not forget: great business tools. On one platform.

Google followed suit. MSFT as well. They have the ecosystems to keep people satisfied. I think they figured/are figuring out that pigeonholing people into one-dimensional categories is counterintuitive.

BBRY, with its experience in the smartphone business, should know this more than anybody.
    The commercials show the fun stuff, of course. However, most of us use Siri to do things like call contacts, message contacts, schedule appointments and reminders, send short emails, set alarms, and create and modify notes. It's pretty useful when driving as you can keep your eyes on the road. I think prosumers do this kind of stuff, don't they?
    YUP, you also can do those commands with the Blackberry "Voice Control".
    10-21-13 09:53 AM
    So now, you can have computers, home automation, car functionality, phone, t.v. and let's not forget: great business tools. On one platform.
    You are making my day. Everything you mentioned (computers, phone, tv, business tools) is part of my listing. Have fun to find out who does what!!!

Regarding home automation and car functionality, have you ever heard of QNX? It's the main core of BB10 operating system, it's also the main core of a lot of home and car automation system, (BMW, Audi, Chrysler, Porche, Hyunday, etc...). BBRY is the proud owner of QNX.
    10-21-13 10:02 AM
    Blackberry is first and foremost for people that want things done.
    Just curious, does this include the BlackBerry management team?

Are they included in the grouping of people who 'get things done'? Are they the mold for this prosumer trend they are trying to create?

Seems to me they have gotten jack all done. Maybe if they switch to ios or android they would be more efficient and not miss every single scheduled deadline they set out.

BB, for people who get things done... Made by people who don't. Rofl.
    10-21-13 10:36 AM
    The definition of Prosumer is:

"Company trying to create a new cool marketing term to describe it's user base after realizing that they cannot compete with their competition in the consumer market."

Reminds me of the "Super Apps" campaign.
    Don't forget 'liquid graphics' lol.
    10-21-13 10:37 AM
    It's all you got!!!!

Google Now is a productivity tools, all the commands menu are related to productivity. Blackberry has its own:"Voice Control" oriented business productivity.

BTW, I have forgotten to add this feature in my list. Thanks
    If you think that Siri is only for entertainment then you have never used Siri.
    10-21-13 10:55 AM
    Regarding home automation and car functionality, have you ever heard of QNX? It's the main core of BB10 operating system, it's also the main core of a lot of home and car automation system, (BMW, Audi, Chrysler, Porche, Hyunday, etc...). BBRY is the proud owner of QNX.
    Sorry, Blackberry is way behind on that front. Most home automation companies (Nest, Dropcam) are supporting iOS and Android mobile devices and otherwise point users to a web interface. Blackberry no longer has the market share to take advantage of integration with car automation systems. That's going to iOS and Android devices, too.
    10-21-13 11:10 AM
    Sorry, Blackberry is way behind on that front. Most home automation companies (Nest, Dropcam) are supporting iOS and Android mobile devices and otherwise point users to a web interface. Blackberry no longer has the market share to take advantage of integration with car automation systems. That's going to iOS and Android devices, too.
    More importantly, even though BB is providing QNX as the core of the auto integration system, the car manufacturers are building their support and front-ends for iOS and Android on top of QNX, almost to exclusivity.

In a twisted, roundabout way, BlackBerry is their own executioner in this arena.
    xandermac likes this.
    10-21-13 11:45 AM
    ...Regarding home automation and car functionality, have you ever heard of QNX? It's the main core of BB10 operating system, it's also the main core of a lot of home and car automation system, (BMW, Audi, Chrysler, Porche, Hyunday, etc...). BBRY is the proud owner of QNX.
    The only people who care about QNX in cars are the car manufacturers, Blackberry and a few misguided fans.
    The end user could care less about what the back end core is. They're never going to see it.
    What they will see is IOS or Android front end.
    That is all they will care about.
    I guess you can go running up and down the street telling everyone that drives by it's really QNX, but at the end of the day the end user will only know their car is either iOS or Android compatible.
    10-21-13 12:43 PM
    This is what your post made me think of:

10-21-13 12:47 PM
    who ever said they were going to sacrific a consumer feature, a prosumer is still a consumer, thats why when people say they are abandoning the consumer market they look like ***** to those that know what a prosumer really is. BB10 is built to target the prosumer with a productive side but also to built in potential to be a great gaming system also and developers like gameloft and rovio are showing that, but folks are twisting **** around and making it seem like BB10 won't offer any of these features anymore and the bad press is keeping buyers away. with all this bad press people are lookign for something to ***** and complain about and look for the smallest reason not to buy a set item. BB10 has its share of issues just like any other platform but it is nowhere near as bad as everyone is making it seem, people just don't want to open their eyes so they make up stories to justify the stories that are going on around and to avoid looking uncool to others around them. society is a sad place to be in right now, people just want to fit in but the thing is people don't care about anyone else but themselves and what could actually make them fit in better.
    This is a seriously bizarre rant. I use an iphone for business and a q10 for play. I use the iphone for business and fun. It does both- especially with all the professional apps I need and use for work. I don't use a phone to "fit in better." I am an adult. Sorry, but you can't blame society for BlackBerry's failure. They cannot offer what most need and want, which is why they aren't competitive - even they know that...

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 03:09 PM
    You are making my day. Everything you mentioned (computers, phone, tv, business tools) is part of my listing. Have fun to find out who does what!!!

Here is the problem with your post...you are limited in your understanding of what professionals need...that is why you cannot understand everyone's responses to you. Go onto itunes- go through the app categories- see all the medical apps, professional organization apps, graphic design apps, engineering apps, etc. To be productive, people need more than email and calls. I'm sorry you are so limited in your understanding of what professionals do that you don't see the need for these apps. Educate yourself. Apple did...

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 03:22 PM
    This is a seriously bizarre rant. I use an iphone for business and a q10 for play. I use the iphone for business and fun. It does both- especially with all the professional apps I need and use for work. I don't use a phone to "fit in better." I am an adult. Sorry, but you can't blame society for BlackBerry's failure. They cannot offer what most need and want, which is why they aren't competitive - even they know that...

Posted via CB10
    I think there will always be those that will never be able to wrap their minds around the concept that people are effective on other platforms.
    10-21-13 03:42 PM
118 ... 345