• print to go
    • hdmi connection
    • usb host
    • dlna
    • remote access to your computer
    • miracast
    • wifi direct
    • nfc

In the near futur, BBM4ALL and the Channels.

Everything you need to be productive is integrated, no need of external apps.
    Which one of those will let me deposit a check to my bank account from my phone?
    bbq10l likes this.
    10-20-13 08:07 PM

LOL.

Thank heavens BBRY itself doesn't think this.
    bobauckland and bbq10l like this.
    10-20-13 08:15 PM
    Which one of those will let me deposit a check to my bank account from my phone?
    To be productive, you want BB to let you deposit your check to your bank from your phone!!! Hmmm! Don't tell me you are bashing BB for that. You know it's up to your bank to provide you this app. Right!

Come on, be more positive.
    10-20-13 08:30 PM
    In terms of productivity, BB offers:
    • hub
    • documents to go
    • story maker
    • file manager
    • cloud integration
    • print to go
    • hdmi connection
    • usb host
    • dlna
    • remote access to your computer
    • miracast
    • wifi direct
    • nfc

In the near futur, BBM4ALL and the Channels.

Ridiculous.
    bobauckland and bbq10l like this.
    10-20-13 08:35 PM
    LOL.

Thank heavens BBRY itself doesn't think this.
    Challenge my post, LOL is not enough!!, you need more than that.
    10-20-13 08:35 PM
    Challenge my post, LOL is not enough!!, you need more than that.
    BBRY contends it needed/needs apps to compete effectively. It conceded that a lack of such hurt its attractiveness.

Do you disagree that a diverse set of apps can make a device more functional for business folks?
    10-20-13 08:40 PM
    Ridiculous.
    Not yet. Why are they using IOS and Android? I know: they have Apps!!

Come on!
    10-20-13 08:42 PM
    ...a prosumer is still a consumer its just a productive one not one lookign to play games and listen to music. they are a consumer lookign to get their **** done, go ahead and google what a prosumer is you'll find your answer clear as day
    So "productive" and someone "looking to get sh*t done"... so they're iPhone and Android users. Gotcha.

What's great is that iPhone and Android users can be VERY productive and get sh*t done, WHILE also having the ability to use their devices for entertainment purposes. It's the best of both worlds. Whereas BB10 does neither well.

In case you haven't figured it out yet:

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE APPS.
    bbq10l likes this.
    10-20-13 08:42 PM
    To be productive, you want BB to let you deposit your check to your bank from your phone!!! Hmmm! Don't tell me you are bashing BB for that. You know it's up to your bank to provide you this app. Right!

Come on, be more positive.
    First you tell me I don't need apps to be productive. Then I tell you one thing I need an app for, that increases my productivity, and you say I do need an app, but it isn't up to BB to provide it (or the service)? Pick a position.

That was only one example of an app that increases productivity. There are plenty of others. Your statement is flat out wrong.

I'm very positive, but not blind.
    Last edited by bp3dots; 10-20-13 at 08:47 PM. Reason: typos
    app_Developer and bobauckland like this.
    10-20-13 08:46 PM
    Some food for thought... I'm assuming BBRY management uses BB10 devices. Are they prosumers?

If that is an example of stuff getting done...
    bobauckland, xandermac and bbq10l like this.
    10-20-13 08:47 PM
    Sorry, A lot of people expect to be able to get stuff done AND entertain themselves. There's no reason to sacrifice the consumer features of a device. Not to mention the fatc that there are still mor productive things on other platforms too.

Day in a real "Prosumer's" life:

Alarm to wake up
    Music to work out
    News during breakfast
    Music/Talk radio for commute
    Calendar/Email/Office/other business apps for "getting stuff done all day"
    Game for after lunch "break"
    Banking app - depositing checks from clients
    Video chat with potential customer
    Reminder popup, pick up sweetest day gift for the wife.
    Open Table app for surprise reservations to the wife's fave dinner spot
    Music for commute home/ride to dinner
    Cable company app, set DVR from the car for the game/real housewives/ancient aliens that you realized you're going to miss.
    Good camera, so the waiter can grab a pic of you and your wife at dinner.
    Instagram, share that pic with friends all over the world.
    Music for ride home from dinner.

That's how you use a device to get everything done.
    who ever said they were going to sacrific a consumer feature, a prosumer is still a consumer, thats why when people say they are abandoning the consumer market they look like ***** to those that know what a prosumer really is. BB10 is built to target the prosumer with a productive side but also to built in potential to be a great gaming system also and developers like gameloft and rovio are showing that, but folks are twisting **** around and making it seem like BB10 won't offer any of these features anymore and the bad press is keeping buyers away. with all this bad press people are lookign for something to ***** and complain about and look for the smallest reason not to buy a set item. BB10 has its share of issues just like any other platform but it is nowhere near as bad as everyone is making it seem, people just don't want to open their eyes so they make up stories to justify the stories that are going on around and to avoid looking uncool to others around them. society is a sad place to be in right now, people just want to fit in but the thing is people don't care about anyone else but themselves and what could actually make them fit in better.
    10-20-13 08:49 PM
    Not yet. Why are they using IOS and Android? I know: they have Apps!!

Come on!
    The things you mention BB10 has available where available early in the year. No one's biting. Many reasons for this.
    One of them is BB10 is not as productive as you make it out. Fortune 500 companies don't need Hub. They don't need Storymaker.
    They need things like Salesforce.
    They need an OS with a phone and tablet option so they can develop apps for the field for both.

BB10 without apps is 2006. That's why in 2013 Blackberry is looking for a buyer.
    bbq10l likes this.
    10-20-13 08:52 PM
    Still waiting for your list. What do you think it's missing? Remember I was talking about productivity.
    10-20-13 08:57 PM
    Ok I understand very well: they don't need BBOS because they are not able to develop apps for their saleforce. If you think so... I have nothing to say.
    10-20-13 09:08 PM
    :facepalm: App availability and market share go hand in hand. If the target is restricted to prosumers, it makes the platform less lucrative for both indie devs and "flagship" apps, leading to a downward spiral. Imho, failure to react to the shrinking of the prosumer market is what got BlackBerry into trouble. I think the number of users who are so busy with work that all they do is email and social media is not that large. My guess is that the push for BYOD arose because the typical employee wants to surf the internet, post pictures with after-effects, watch videos and play games. As the whole "millenial generation" starts entering the workforce, employees will be having smartphones mainly for personal activities, with work functions being for emergency purposes or as a secondary purpose.
    10-20-13 09:19 PM
    who ever said they were going to sacrific a consumer feature, a prosumer is still a consumer, thats why when people say they are abandoning the consumer market they look like ***** to those that know what a prosumer really is. BB10 is built to target the prosumer with a productive side but also to built in potential to be a great gaming system also and developers like gameloft and rovio are showing that, but folks are twisting **** around and making it seem like BB10 won't offer any of these features anymore and the bad press is keeping buyers away. with all this bad press people are lookign for something to ***** and complain about and look for the smallest reason not to buy a set item. BB10 has its share of issues just like any other platform but it is nowhere near as bad as everyone is making it seem, people just don't want to open their eyes so they make up stories to justify the stories that are going on around and to avoid looking uncool to others around them. society is a sad place to be in right now, people just want to fit in but the thing is people don't care about anyone else but themselves and what could actually make them fit in better.
    Back to the original post of yours...

you seriously didn't know what a prosumer is, reporters didn't know either? god no one does their research yet, a prosumer is still a consumer its just a productive one not one lookign to play games and listen to music. they are a consumer lookign to get their **** done, go ahead and google what a prosumer is you'll find your answer clear as day
    Your own post says that a prosumer wouldn't want to do things that are considered consumer features.
    10-20-13 09:25 PM
    First you tell me I don't need apps to be productive. Then I tell you one thing I need an app for, that increases my productivity, and you say I do need an app, but it isn't up to BB to provide it (or the service)? Pick a position.

That was only one example of an app that increases productivity. There are plenty of others. Your statement is flat out wrong.

I'm very positive, but not blind.
    What I said is BB has noting to do with a check deposit, it's your bank's job. One last thing, I don't understand how depositing a check with your phone increases your productivity at work.
    10-20-13 09:27 PM
    Thanks for posting.
    10-20-13 09:29 PM
    What I said is BB has noting to do with a check deposit, it's your bank's job. One last thing, I don't understand how depositing a check with your phone increases your productivity at work.
    You don't have to leave work.

A few weeks to go, I was coaching. Got a check on the field. Deposited into my bank account during a five minute water break.

BTW, my bank is 2000+ miles away. Cash available immediately.
    10-20-13 09:35 PM
    I get paid with a check from a customer, I deposit it from my phone. I get back to work which makes me more money.

Or:

I get paid with a check from a customer, I drive to the bank, wait in line at the ATM or inside, I drive back to work and continue working. (assumes you can even drive to the bank, as this feature is usuable with banks that are far away as well.)

You really don't see the difference in productivity? Depositing the check is work functionality.

You said everything one needs to be productive is built in, and that you don't need apps. This is one example that proves you wrong.
    10-20-13 09:42 PM
    By the way, do prosumers not need tablets or does Blackberry not have the ability to make one of for them? I mean, what use is there in defining your target market when you're sending them to the other platforms for the fastest growing hardware segment?
    10-20-13 09:58 PM
    By the way, do prosumers not need tablets or does Blackberry not have the ability to make one of for them? I mean, what use is there in defining your target market when you're sending them to the other platforms for the fastest growing hardware segment?
    You know that a real "prosumer" doesn't need a tablet. Tablets are for people who don't get things done.

If BBRY doesn't have it, then it's something a prosumer doesn't need.
    bbq10l likes this.
    10-20-13 10:03 PM
    This is not because of apps Blackberry (and soon Apple) lost the smartphone market. Android has revolutionized this market. Android has democratized the smartphone. Now anyone can buy a cheap and powerfull smartphone. In four years, Android detains 80% of the worldwide market, what BBOS and IOS never have been able to do.
    10-20-13 10:08 PM
    I get paid with a check from a customer, I deposit it from my phone. I get back to work which makes me more money.

Or:

I get paid with a check from a customer, I drive to the bank, wait in line at the ATM or inside, I drive back to work and continue working. (assumes you can even drive to the bank, as this feature is usuable with banks that are far away as well.)

You really don't see the difference in productivity? Depositing the check is work functionality.

You said everything one needs to be productive is built in, and that you don't need apps. This is one example that proves you wrong.
    Sorry, I give up. I didn't know your productivity should resume in depositing check with your phone.
    10-20-13 10:17 PM
    This is not because of apps Blackberry (and soon Apple) lost the smartphone market. Android has revolutionized this market. Android has democratized the smartphone. Now anyone can buy a cheap and powerfull smartphone. In four years, Android detains 80% of the worldwide market, what BBOS and IOS never have been able to do.
    I think it goes further than that. It's NOT only the apps. Apple figured out a way to create an Apple way of life. It realized that business people and, uh, prosumers are consumers first, and consumers most of the time.

So now, you can have computers, home automation, car functionality, phone, t.v. and let's not forget: great business tools. On one platform.

Google followed suit. MSFT as well. They have the ecosystems to keep people satisfied. I think they figured/are figuring out that pigeonholing people into one-dimensional categories is counterintuitive.

BBRY, with its experience in the smartphone business, should know this more than anybody.
    bp3dots and pantlesspenguin like this.
    10-20-13 10:19 PM
118 ... 2345