When asked if their Andriod/iOS app for their game Planetside 2 would be coming to Blackberry, the CEO of Everquest and Star Wars Galaxies fame had this to say,
    John Smedley (@j_smedley) Said:
    11:32 AM - 17 Apr 2013
    no. blackberry is dead. sorry man.
    As a long time Blackberry user and former SOE customer, I signed up here to share this tidbit of laughable news. His company is the rear-end of MMO companies, he thinks anything that isn't the iPhone is garbage (including Sony's own Andriod devices), his office uses Dell computers (rather than Sony computers), none of their games are very popular, and all of them run like garbage. In other words, a laughing stock, nobody CEO had the nerve to call out another company, despite that company being orders of magnitude more successful than his own.

It would be fantastic (and hilarious) to see Thorsten Heins reply this other CEO's inane assertion that "Blackberry is dead".

Enjoy your day. Carry on.
    04-18-13 10:23 AM
    Well welcome to CB haha

CB nation should tweet him!
    04-18-13 10:24 AM
    And sony isn't /facepalm Playstation what?
    teafordgang likes this.
    04-18-13 10:27 AM
    Time for the Twitter barrage from the CB faithful!
    bitek and kellysz01 like this.
    04-18-13 10:37 AM
    I've tweeted

Lovin' my Z10
    04-18-13 10:43 AM
    When asked if their Andriod/iOS app for their game Planetside 2 would be coming to Blackberry, the CEO of Everquest and Star Wars Galaxies fame had this to say,

As a long time Blackberry user and former SOE customer, I signed up here to share this tidbit of laughable news. His company is the rear-end of MMO companies, he thinks anything that isn't the iPhone is garbage (including Sony's own Andriod devices), his office uses Dell computers (rather than Sony computers), none of their games are very popular, and all of them run like garbage. In other words, a laughing stock, nobody CEO had the nerve to call out another company, despite that company being orders of magnitude more successful than his own.

It would be fantastic (and hilarious) to see Thorsten Heins reply this other CEO's inane assertion that "Blackberry is dead".

So, according to you, we should get upset because a guy can't make a good product (your claim) shared an opinion?

People, calm down. There are way more serious things to get angry about.
    04-18-13 10:43 AM
    So, according to you, we should get upset because a guy can't make a good product (your claim) shared an opinion?

04-18-13 10:45 AM
    Smedley will always be a joke for allowing the death of swg the way he did and no I'm not just referring to the nge.
    His opinion is something I do not care about

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 10:52 AM
    Smedley will always be a joke for allowing the death of swg the way he did and no I'm not just referring to the nge.
    His opinion is something I do not care about

Posted via CB10
    Read a lot about that particular MMO. Apparently it showed a lot of promise, and then it just went to crap. Now the only Star Wars MMO out there is SWToR, and I've played that. Unfortunately it has no replay-ability IMO.
    04-18-13 10:56 AM
    Funny bc everyone said that about ps3 and it had a solid dedicated user base from the 'legacy' ps2. Free about 2 years of struggles ps3 sales increased and went 'mainstream'

Possibly the same situation with BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-18-13 11:01 AM
    Haha that's funny coming from a guy from Sony. They failed with Sony Ericsson and have been on android bandwagon for while but haven't made any progress.

Good luck Sony......
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-18-13 11:02 AM
    I hold some sony stock, but Im going to dump it today. I expect a comment like that to come from a mail room employee, but for it to come from the ceo of a division is mind blowing. Sony hasn't been doing to well and it's pretty obvious from short-sighted statements like this that upper management may be one of the underlying issues.
    04-18-13 11:18 AM

This is the same guy who thought the SWG NGE was a great idea! LOL
    04-18-13 11:22 AM
    Definitely a(n) unprofessional move.
    04-18-13 11:23 AM
    sony is dead
    04-18-13 11:27 AM
    This is like posting and ranting about a BGR article.... No one cares. Nothing against the OP but anyone that knows video games and the industry knows that that guy is a tool.
    Savior4Life and Tre Lawrence like this.
    04-18-13 11:28 AM

Think you should calm down.
    bk1022, Masahiro and Jake Storm like this.
    04-18-13 11:52 AM
    Think you should calm down.
    Agreed. Will pitchforks help? LOL.
    richardat likes this.
    04-18-13 11:59 AM
    sony is dead
    Lol

Lovin' my Z10
    04-18-13 11:59 AM
    This is like posting and ranting about a BGR article.... No one cares. Nothing against the OP but anyone that knows video games and the industry knows that that guy is a tool.
    That goes against our need to find enemies.
    unbreakablej likes this.
    04-18-13 12:00 PM
    Read a lot about that particular MMO. Apparently it showed a lot of promise, and then it just went to crap. Now the only Star Wars MMO out there is SWToR, and I've played that. Unfortunately it has no replay-ability IMO.
    The nge was awful at first. But it became quite good. Swg was actually picking up more and more subs before smedley announced the shutdown killing of its revival. Suspiciously the shutdown fate coincided with ToR's release. I believe smedley rolled over for bioware and chucked his own product to the wolves. I have no respect for him.
    I played ToR, it should have been a single player game. It pales in comparison to swg and is probably in a worst state now

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 12:22 PM
    I hold some sony stock, but Im going to dump it today. I expect a comment like that to come from a mail room employee, but for it to come from the ceo of a division is mind blowing. Sony hasn't been doing to well and it's pretty obvious from short-sighted statements like this that upper management may be one of the underlying issues.
    Sony is not the same as SOE though

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 12:24 PM
    Sony who? Oh dont they make stuff?
    nigoinsnow likes this.
    04-18-13 12:31 PM
    The nge was awful at first. But it became quite good. Swg was actually picking up more and more subs before smedley announced the shutdown killing of its revival. Suspiciously the shutdown fate coincided with ToR's release. I believe smedley rolled over for bioware and chucked his own product to the wolves. I have no respect for him.
    I played ToR, it should have been a single player game. It pales in comparison to swg and is probably in a worst state now

Posted via CB10
    Lucas Arts killed SWG not SOE. Lucas Arts would not renew the IP.
    04-18-13 12:34 PM
    Very rich coming from Sony.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 12:43 PM
87 123 ...