So I need some advice... Should I take my berry along on my date tomorrow night? Or do you suppose the girl will want some attention?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 01:04 AM
    take the berry!!

i couldn't leave home without mine lol!
    03-13-09 01:08 AM
    Nope, leave it at home. Your on a date....... Give her the attention
    03-13-09 01:09 AM
    haha depends if you cant get your face out of your blackberry then leave it but unless you can manage then keep it or at least bring it and leave it on SOS just for emergencies
    03-13-09 01:11 AM
    Is this a serious question? Just take the phone with you. Why
    if you take a stupid phone must it mean that you have to be
    playing on it?

03-13-09 01:16 AM
    Take it. She might as well know you're addicted from the start!
    03-13-09 01:21 AM
    Take it, if she can't like with your addiction then she aint worth your time

03-13-09 01:51 AM
    Take it, if she can't like with your addiction then she aint worth your time

Kinda off topic, like your PIN! You a Cope or Skoal man?
    03-13-09 01:58 AM
    Cope when I can afford it. But usually its the Griz

03-13-09 02:01 AM
    Never tried Griz. Usually Cope long or Skoal original. 2 habits my fiance hates. My BB and my Cope.
    03-13-09 02:04 AM
    which leads into if you dip or smoke, might as well let that be known also

03-13-09 02:08 AM
    Could come in handy. Put it on vibrate. You get the idea.
    03-13-09 07:16 AM
    Take it... you never know when you'll need it.

But don't pay it any attention. It'll get you nowhere and give her the impression that you dont give a hoot about her.
    03-13-09 07:22 AM
    Take it, you might as well see if she can put up with it early on. if she cant put up with it then, she will never be able to put up with the thing
    03-13-09 07:30 AM
    Take it with you and make sure you have a back up plan with someone you know. Here is the idea - have a friend call/text you at a predetermine time during the date. This will be an "out" that gives you an opportunity to either cut the date early or it can be a conversation starter if you feel the date is going south quickly and you want to continue the date. Good luck...
    03-13-09 07:42 AM
    Take it with you and make sure you have a back up plan with someone you know. Here is the idea - have a friend call/text you at a predetermine time during the date. This will be an "out" that gives you an opportunity to either cut the date early or it can be a conversation starter if you feel the date is going south quickly and you want to continue the date. Good luck...
    Oldest trick in the book... they'll know instantly what's up.
    03-13-09 07:44 AM
    Take your 'berry. Maybe she has one to keep yours company..?
    03-13-09 07:50 AM
    Is this a serious question? Just take the phone with you. Why
    if you take a stupid phone must it mean that you have to be
    playing on it?

Not really......in fact..... only about 10% of the stuff I say is serious
    03-13-09 07:57 AM
    You gotta take. Just keep yourself undercontrol. Think of the few things that girl can do for you that your BB can't. That should keep you focused.

03-13-09 08:06 AM
    You gotta take. Just keep yourself undercontrol. Think of the few things that girl can do for you that your BB can't. That should keep you focused.

Did you just imply what I think you just implied? lol
    03-13-09 08:09 AM
    I think this question covers any cell phone. If you are on a date, you can get thru it without your face in your phone the whole time. Now bein how crazy we BB users are....it's even harder, since everything is connect to us through it.

Is there really anything THAT important, that you can't let it wait for you while you are on the date. Put the phone on silent, vibrate whatever. You can set a custom "date" profile, that will only alert you on things you feel you NEED to stop and look at. I've had dates take a call, or respond to a text. If you HAVE to, make sure you communicate what/why it's so important that you are taking the focus off of your date.

Put yourself in their shoes, how would you feel if the person you are trying to get to know, is doin the "mm hmm....uh huh....wow" while their fingers are goin nuts on their phone while you talk.....
    03-13-09 08:10 AM
    Take it. Make sure you put it on vibrate. Gives you something to do while she is in the ladies room.

03-13-09 08:22 AM
    Take it. Make sure you put it on vibrate. Gives you something to do while she is in the ladies room.

Better yet, leave it on silent. That way, the phone won't distract you, and if you really feel the urge to check your phone, you can get caught up if she's away for a moment.

Besides something like Poynt can be a great tool if the date is going well, and you're looking to bring her elsewhere.
    03-13-09 08:30 AM
    Mm. I'd say bring it as it could prove useful (and **** if your mother is in dire need for a child, then you HAVE to be at least slightly reachable). Just make sure to put it on silent / vibrate and pay attention to your date!
    03-13-09 08:32 AM
    If one has to ask about phone etiquette on a date I don't foresee it going well to begin with. But, who knows? She may be a Berry freak too. Keep us posted on how it goes. Have fun!!!
    03-13-09 09:23 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD