If they make the slider with BB10 on it I'll get it otherwise I won't. Strange part is the slider could be a way for people who have never had a pkb phone to get one. Don't know if you'll count the Xperia X1 as a slider but sliding from the top is different from sliding from the side, as you're not required to to turn the phone. To me the slider seem to be a phone for people who are unfamillar with a pkb. But if they make it android then I may as well get the S6 Edge and go away with the Pkg, so hope they make it BB10 so I can stay on board.
    07-04-15 02:29 PM
    The screen can be bigger for one hand operation... but not too big like 4.7inch... and above...
    I had tried 4.5incher with 16:9 ratio... it's quite comfortable in typing and navigation.
    I can one hand type with the Z30 by switching to flick typing. Two hand typing I generally don't use flick.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    07-04-15 02:32 PM
    Without an app ecosystem BlackBerry could release a phone using Star Trek technology and it still wouldn't sell.

Loving my Passport!
    Eh, not true for everyone. Many people I know don't use any apps. The majority that do just need a banking app and one random app that they use to help them at work or at home. Even then they could live without it and be happy. Mind you most I know are older than 30. The most important things to most people in a phone is a phone (duh), messaging, and an organizer/calendar. All things done well on all devices. I would think especially so on a BlackBerry, but to each their own.

In regards to the OP, I have a Z30 looking for a Z35/40/3000/whatever. I can't believe I haven't gotten one yet. Where is it Chen? Lol. P.S. I don't want an Android, but I do like using the runtime for that one or two apps.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    bp22_ca likes this.
    07-04-15 03:33 PM
    First u want to say. I love my BlackBerry. I guess you could say that I have become a diehard. This is my first BlackBerry z10. I now have 2 of them and a PlayBook. After using bb10. I couldn't imagine going to another os. My sister broke her galaxy s3 so I loaned he my other z10 till she got a new phone. She wanted A blackberry after using bb10. But like her there is no BlackBerry to buy. The leap is a piece of trash that I don't want no imagination just a bezel full slab. No thought to the design at all. don't want the classic not a keyboard guy. So what does that leave? Another z10. Maybe a z30. I want to get a new phone yet have no option at all. People have been going on and on about the market share plummeting. It has no where to go but down. We have no alternative but to go to another os. I am hanging on hoping they will surprise us with a z line upgrade. But so far very disappointing. I know they are embarrassed about the z line of phones. In my opinion they are the best phones BlackBerry ever made. I don't understand why they don't make a modest amount of z line replacements. They did that with the passport. But just doing nothing. And then the android rumour. I might have to stalk up on old z10 and 30. And hope a new os comes out as both ios and Android are going to need a new os soon. My 2 cents

Posted via CB10
    I. Agree with you and plus this idea of making a android phone is the worst idea ever because people are still going buy Samsung LG or HTC over a BlackBerry that does the same thing.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    07-04-15 03:37 PM
    Without an app ecosystem BlackBerry could release a phone using Star Trek technology and it still wouldn't sell.

Loving my Passport!
    I argue, the "beam" app alone would beat any ecosystem alive today.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    07-04-15 04:07 PM
    BlackBerry has Foxconn now... They could always do the 'Apple' you know, release the SAME device slab year after year, slight cosmetic changes, some internal changes and an extra row of icons for fun... Should make you glass slate lovers comfortable... Repack the Z30, call it the Z300, make one version fatter call it the Z300 Wide... Why not? Imitation over innovation seems to be the selling point in today's market....

Posted via CB10
    Yeah because the Z10, Z3, Leap, Z30, Classic, and Q10 are such radical design changes in form factor. The Z10, Z3, Leap, Z30 are basic slab phones and the Classic and Q10 are just he-hashed forms from designs blackberry has done an uncountable number of times. The Passport is the ONLY device that is unique in its form factor.
    solitude1984 likes this.
    07-04-15 04:22 PM
    I argue, the "beam" app alone would beat any ecosystem alive today.

Bhahahahah

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 04:23 PM
    Trash as in. The spec is crap might. As well stick with z10/30 they are way nicer looking and feel better in your hand. To each their own though

Posted via CB10
    You failed to answer the question! I see so many "reviews " based on specs and not usage for phones and cameras. That is judging a book by its cover.
    07-04-15 04:24 PM
    You failed to answer the question! I see so many "reviews " based on specs and not usage for phones and cameras. That is judging a book by its cover.
    The camera on the Leap is trash and the external speaker quality is probably the worst speaker I've ever heard on a modern smartphone. Does that qualify it as trash?
    07-04-15 04:34 PM
    The camera on the Leap is trash and the external speaker quality is probably the worst speaker I've ever heard on a modern smartphone. Does that qualify it as trash?
    Nope! Sorry mate but that's just your opinion. A real review is objective, discusses the pros and cons and has the reader decide if they will buy it or not.

Opinions are not reviews. For example: I'm deaf and use an app that is connected to a relay service that let's me read what the other person is saying. I am a semi pro photographer so I'm not all that concerned with my phone's ability to be what it not. If the Leap supports that app and BlackBerry OS 10 it might be a fine phone for me but not for you.
    07-04-15 05:07 PM
    Guess it depends which world you live in and your long term view..... if your world is enterprise then the "under powered leap" is perfectly adequate for day to day use.. price is in line with what BB would usually charged.. If you live in the world of the consumer.... your time is up.... BB has effectively left that market at least for the time being.. You are simply on your own with picking old devices.. enterprise devices or another platform. this is the simple reality. In the US at least BB is full out dead compared to the competition.. and is viewed as such.. so if you think advertising or flagship phones will help BB you are sorely mistaken.. Advertising useless as the brand is dead and no amount of pumping it is going to change that. On the flagship side... if you market your shiny flagship phone.. you have basically IPhone and Samsung to compete with... good luck with that... both companies would crush BB with their advertising budget.. the idea of having a "better" smartphone is rediculous as it is all subjective... good luck selling into that idea... no time to realize if you stayed with BB your are now tied into a niche market phone at best or a dying brand at worst... either way if you are a consumer... time to really really really lower you expectations... if you do not you will be very very disappointed... sad but true... you are sc~ewed......
    07-04-15 05:49 PM
    Negative Nellies ye all be. Me BB effortlessly posts on the far side of Algonquin Park where lesser phones fear to tread.

Posted via CB10
    eddy_berry likes this.
    07-04-15 06:27 PM
    That's not the entire problem. The many people that praise a BlackBerry Android device forget that it still doesn't solve the core issue which is marketing. How many people know about BlackBerry 10s android 4.3 runtime? Not many. So why should we expect any different if they can't market their android device and not only lose loyal BlackBerry customers... but their security advantage too.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    I agree. Without superb advertising it will fail.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 06:54 PM
    Guess it depends which world you live in and your long term view..... if your world is enterprise then the "under powered leap" is perfectly adequate for day to day use.. price is in line with what BB would usually charged.. If you live in the world of the consumer.... your time is up.... BB has effectively left that market at least for the time being.. You are simply on your own with picking old devices.. enterprise devices or another platform. this is the simple reality. In the US at least BB is full out dead compared to the competition.. and is viewed as such.. so if you think advertising or flagship phones will help BB you are sorely mistaken.. Advertising useless as the brand is dead and no amount of pumping it is going to change that. On the flagship side... if you market your shiny flagship phone.. you have basically IPhone and Samsung to compete with... good luck with that... both companies would crush BB with their advertising budget.. the idea of having a "better" smartphone is rediculous as it is all subjective... good luck selling into that idea... no time to realize if you stayed with BB your are now tied into a niche market phone at best or a dying brand at worst... either way if you are a consumer... time to really really really lower you expectations... if you do not you will be very very disappointed... sad but true... you are sc~ewed......
    Agree with the first part but not the last. My Z30 is still great. If the IPhone 6 plus should compete with it it ought to have a battery of 3168 MaH. Further more moving in on android and having a curved screen seems more not less consumer so your doom and gloom doesn't add up to me.
    07-04-15 07:13 PM
    Let's say you are right, specs doesn't matter. For BlackBerry, is it more important to be right or more important to make money?

07-04-15 08:04 PM
    Oh yeah, for years. They push out garbage phones like z3, leap, to prove BlackBerry won't work in full touch market, then push out phones like classic as an "upgrade" to Q10 to prove BlackBerry 10 won't sell neither in traditional keyboard market, then push out odd scary shaped Passport with minimal marketing to prove new BlackBerry 10 ideas won't work neither.

Now since nothing seems to work with bb10, the road is paved to try none bb10 ideas.

It's not about ideas, it's about execution. If you don't have a team of talents to execute, it doesn't matter what you throw on to the market.

For Apple however, their execution helped them sell overpriced minimal upgraded iPhones generation by generation until the old design completely run out of steam at iPhone 5s, then they changed the size of the Phone and started selling like hot cakes again.

Again, it's not about ideas, it's about execution. Venture Capitalist figured this out long long time ago.

07-04-15 08:12 PM
    BlackBerry has a distinct advantage of knowing who their present customer base is and what they're asking for.
    In every forum they're tons of loyal BlackBerry users being very descriptive as to what Form Factor (whether Z or Q) they want to purchase. And they also give the features and level of performance they expect in a BlackBerry Device.

It's just up to BlackBerry to put out the product that their customers are asking for and resist the urge to manufacture what they feel they should have .

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 08:44 PM
    I'd agree with you on the touchscreen front. The z30 is a great phone but it's a high turnover market. You need to keep the new phones coming. BlackBerry has focused on keyboard phones and neglected the touchscreens. You need to do both in the modern smartphone marketplace.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 08:48 PM
    Leap is not trash, the specs might be low but the phone runs surprising well!
    We had certain Z10 and Z30 in the company and recently we bought some Leap.
    Personally I have not test one but our IT department claims that are performing better even than the Z30 when they were running the 10.2 OS.
    Users are also amply satisfied !

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    07-04-15 09:00 PM
    Let's say you are right, specs doesn't matter. For BlackBerry, is it more important to be right or more important to make money?

????????

My point was giving honest, rounded reviews instead of uninformed opinions spiked with inflammatory language. BlackBerry will not be recapturing the position it enjoyed prior to the iPhone or Galaxy any time soon but it does have a secure following. That could grow based on more objective reviews.

Take this excerpt from CNET:
    "The good: The BlackBerry Leap smartphone is a plain workhorse with BlackBerry's productivity and security pedigree.

The bad: The Amazon app store is missing many popular apps found on Google Play, or Apple's iOS app store.

The bottom line: The BlackBerry Leap ditches a physical keyboard to lure folks looking for a modern smartphone experience, but a lack of apps and a lackluster camera keep this device behind the competition.

Based on that I'd give it a look because, as I said, it suits my NEEDS. In fact CNET's only negatives were based on its lack of frills like a variety of keyboards and apps.

It has a great OS (the best out there in my opinion) I have 2 friends that converted from the S5's after seeing my Q10 and one who returned her iPhone 6 after seeing my Passport so they are turning a few heads. They preferred the BlackBerry OS to that driving their devices.

At $275 ( unlocked on Amazon) for a workhorse, as opposed to a thoroughbred, is a pretty good deal. (You're still looking at $400+ for an unlocked Galaxy S5). And it is not as if the OP could obtain what he or she wants from Amazon? And what's wrong with the Z30. Everyone I know with one has had theirs over a year and still loves it. I really don't understand his or her "2 cents".
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    07-04-15 10:16 PM
    Seems my original post went missing - sorry for that and ain't gonna bother now

CB10 - Passport
    Last edited by Mo Cat; 07-05-15 at 12:27 PM.
    07-04-15 10:40 PM
    I really wasn't interested in a pkb either (I had a z10), but I wanted to upgrade and didn't want a andriod or iphone. I ended up getting a classic, and I really like it

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 10:46 PM
    ????????

My point was giving honest, rounded reviews instead of uninformed opinions spiked with inflammatory language. BlackBerry will not be recapturing the position it enjoyed prior to the iPhone or Galaxy any time soon but it does have a secure following. That could grow based on more objective reviews.

Take this excerpt from CNET:
    "The good: The BlackBerry Leap smartphone is a plain workhorse with BlackBerry's productivity and security pedigree.

The bad: The Amazon app store is missing many popular apps found on Google Play, or Apple's iOS app store.

The bottom line: The BlackBerry Leap ditches a physical keyboard to lure folks looking for a modern smartphone experience, but a lack of apps and a lackluster camera keep this device behind the competition.

Based on that I'd give it a look because, as I said, it suits my NEEDS. In fact CNET's only negatives were based on its lack of frills like a variety of keyboards and apps.

It has a great OS (the best out there in my opinion) I have 2 friends that converted from the S5's after seeing my Q10 and one who returned her iPhone 6 after seeing my Passport so they are turning a few heads. They preferred the BlackBerry OS to that driving their devices.

At $275 ( unlocked on Amazon) for a workhorse, as opposed to a thoroughbred, is a pretty good deal. (You're still looking at $400+ for an unlocked Galaxy S5). And it is not as if the OP could obtain what he or she wants from Amazon? And what's wrong with the Z30. Everyone I know with one has had theirs over a year and still loves it. I really don't understand his or her "2 cents".
    What you said are all logical. But it's not how smart phone market works. Yes, "objective" reviews helps BlackBerry. But BlackBerry doesn't control those tech writers. You don't neither.

And reviews need to be read to have influence, most reviewers don't even review BlackBerry devices anymore. For the few who still do, it's rare to be objective about BlackBerry. You can say a million times how things should be but it just won't happen that way.

This is how the world works. Most people talk about specs because specs can be compared easily. When you talk about experiences it gets complicated. There are personal preferences, hardware, software, etc. etc. It's tough to give conclusions. But readers like conclusions. Most guys don't read review at all, they just buy whatever their cool friends use. Some do read reviews but most of this group jumps directly to the conclusion section or the score section. Very very few people actually read the specs section and gets worshiped in their circles as experts. Only very very very few people actually read about experiences, if you look around you will know what I mean.

I mean how many people in your family actually read reviews like you do before they buy a phone.

My point is, instead of educating the rest of the world what's they should do to write reviews or to make phone purchase decisions, why doesn't BlackBerry just communicate to the rest of the world using the language they already knew.

07-04-15 11:53 PM
    Said it before, gonna say it again: BlackBerry needs an all touch cutting edge phone made of TITANIUM with a 4.5 and a 6 inch version. If you build it, they will come.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    basically, mimic apple.
    07-05-15 12:22 AM
    I really wasn't interested in a pkb either (I had a z10), but I wanted to upgrade and didn't want a andriod or iphone. I ended up getting a classic, and I really like it

Posted via CB10
    i would be in the same situation without my Z30. Considering i loved my 9810 slider's pkb, nothing has really wow'd me like the Classic's pkb. I'm dying for one in blue...
    07-05-15 12:24 AM
91 1234