Why should we care if they survive as a company without phones then?
    Some care about the BlackBerry experience. If they can deliver Hub et al for Android and iOS it may be "good enough."

Some care about about the MDM side of the house as well.
    02-06-16 08:03 AM
    Why should we care if they survive as a company without phones then?
    Some are more interested in the BlackBerry experience (Hub et al).

Some care about the MDM side of house.

There's a lot more to BlackBerry than just the phones.
    02-06-16 08:04 AM
    It's really tragic that the bad business decisions of Snapchat and Instagram combined with the unhealthy social media addictions of highschoolers was enough to bring down such a nicely designed product like BB10.
    You mean smart business decisions by Snapchat, Instagram, etc. - They chose not to throw money at a platform in which they saw no market value.

As for those high-schoolers, well they're the target market. Blaming the consumer for not buying a product that meets their needs is silly.

Blame BlackBerry for either not making a competitive product market for the market they were targeting. Or blame BlackBerry for going into the wrong market.
    02-06-16 08:09 AM
    Wrong, but they will still be ok for the foreseeable future.
    I think not. BB10 doesn't require BIS.
    02-06-16 08:13 AM
    Shhh. Don't let the fact get in the way of a good story.

Few want to admit that BB10 was DOA due to lack of apps nor acknowledge the details shared by BlackBerry's own folks about the lack of interest from the major app platforms.

It's easier to blame Chen than to admit BB10 was soooooooo late to market it was doubtful it was going to be successful.
    100% correct. BB is a corporation and it has to make money. BB10 handsets don't sell and app developers have fallen off. Even android ports don't come to BB World anymore. If BB10 had come out 2 years earlier it would have likely been a totally different story but it didn't. Only reason Windows phone is still around is Microsoft has endless cash to throw at it. It's a 100% dead platform also.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    eyesopen1111, TGR1, JeepBB and 2 others like this.
    02-06-16 08:44 AM
    Please retract this article. BB confirmed that it's 200 employees, 4% not 35% . Stop being a troll and making false statements.
    thedose and BallRockReaper like this.
    02-06-16 12:40 PM
    If BB had released 10.0 OS 4 years ago they would not be in this situation.
    02-06-16 12:41 PM
    I think it's time for this thread title to be corrected.

Posted via CB10
    thedose likes this.
    02-06-16 01:07 PM
    I dont trust MobileSyrup at all. One of their writers is desperately trying to get nilay patel, dieter bohn, and some dude from tech crunch to pick up this story via Twitter...

Very disingenuous imho.

BlackBerry Z30 (10.3.2)
    I guess if BB sold 5 million or 10 million Privs then you could say the info may be questionable. BB hasn't had any "Good" news in years. anything that is put out that seems "Good" usually has an and or but attached to it. I'm always amazed at how some members think that this company is going to somehow become relevant in the handset and or OS market again, EVER!!!! That ship sailed years ago. Hopefully they can become stable in the enterprise sector but even that is "iffy" at best. Technology is not kind to those who are arrogant. The 2 morons that ran it into the ground should just accept that they screwed up and there is no recovery in site. Nothing will bring BB back to the glory days we all once enjoyed. The days when owning a BB meant you were on the cutting edge. Owning a BB now pretty much means you are hanging onto the trailing edge.
    02-06-16 01:11 PM
    If BB had released 10.0 OS 4 years ago they would not be in this situation.
    I dunno, they might be. 10.0 stank.

10.2.1 (at least)? Maybe.
    JeepBB and techvisor like this.
    02-06-16 01:11 PM
    how do you know they don't? i know of about 15 people that would have bought a blackberry if the company actually invested in those 2 apps alone. and some people didn't even know blackberry still made phones until they saw my Q5. and i live in canada. lol. so what does that tell you about the marketing?

people want apps. the more, the better.
    Those people lied to you so you'll shut up about your phone. LOL
    xtremeled, Sal1982 and techvisor like this.
    02-06-16 03:49 PM
    Please retract this article. BB confirmed that it's 200 employees, 4% not 35% . Stop being a troll and making false statements.
    Yes.. 200.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    02-06-16 03:53 PM
    Now watch all the bgr and iverge clones blow this out of proportion. [Heyll say blackberry is dead and we need to buy iPhone.
    In case you haven't noticed, BB is essentially dead. You don't need to buy an iPhone. BB was kind enough to build you an Android phone
    02-06-16 04:59 PM
    I think not. BB10 doesn't require BIS.
    You can't use a BB10 without signing into a BBID. It doesn't require a BIS plan from your carrier, but it most certainly requires BIS. What do you think BBM runs through?
    02-06-16 05:33 PM
    They drop BB10 and I'm done with BB, period.
    acovey likes this.
    02-06-16 06:01 PM
    Time to draft up a eulogy for BlackBerry then.

Posted via CB10
    Someone already did...it was a thread entitled 'An Elegy to the BB10'. It consisted mainly of a reformatted wall of text and a re-posted photo of Ben Stiller from Zoolander.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-16 08:05 PM
    Those people lied to you so you'll shut up about your phone. LOL
    LOL!

Posted from CB10 on my awesome Q5
    techvisor likes this.
    02-06-16 08:12 PM
    Let analyze this...Chen has achieved a 'turnaround': selling real estate, recording tax breaks as income, firing a ton of people, and buying other companies to show sales. No increase in core products sales has been recorded under his management...way to go!!
    02-06-16 09:25 PM
    They drop BB10 and I'm done with BB, period.
    Why post on a pro BlackBerry site?

Posted from Jiggy's Priv. . .
    02-06-16 11:53 PM
    BlackBerry has never had any more embarrassing days than those where Johnny Chen opened his mouth!!
    Well that's all opinion yours vs mine. I felt things were the most bleak for blackberry right at the end of Thorsten Heins tenure. BlackBerry 10 had already failed. Heins had cut and cut as he was brought in to do. But there was no apparent alternative plan. BlackBerry put themselves up for sale. The stock plunged. No buyers showed interest.

Chen has been there for some key acquisitions at least. Good. Adhoc. Ones that seem more aligned with their core customer base. And ones consistent with the stated software strategy.

Lots of folks here are wed to BlackBerry 10 as the only possible OS for BlackBerry and resent Chen for admitting reality. I personally don't care what they use at this point.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    02-07-16 12:04 AM
    Why post on a pro BlackBerry site?

Posted from Jiggy's Priv. . .
    Because s/he can.
    02-07-16 12:05 AM
    Loooooooooollll wtf was thatt???

Posted via CB10 from my BlackBerry Passport
    02-07-16 12:26 AM

History, for all those stuck on short attention span theatrics.
    02-07-16 12:32 AM

Things more embarrassing than John Chen?
    JeepBB, TGR1 and anon(9803228) like this.
    02-07-16 12:37 AM
    Things more embarrassing than John Chen?
    That song part, it was hilarious. Are there anymore stuff like this?

02-07-16 12:50 AM
222 ... 34567 ...