Those billions don't care about BlackBerry. Us shareholders think he's doing a great job. All you have to do is ask Prem.

Posted via CB10
    how do you know they don't? i know of about 15 people that would have bought a blackberry if the company actually invested in those 2 apps alone. and some people didn't even know blackberry still made phones until they saw my Q5. and i live in canada. lol. so what does that tell you about the marketing?

people want apps. the more, the better.
    02-05-16 05:17 PM
    BlackBerry will survive as a software company.
    But phones won't be around much longer.
    Why should we care if they survive as a company without phones then?
    crackberry_geek and acovey like this.
    02-05-16 05:26 PM
    how do you know they don't? i know of about 15 people that would have bought a blackberry if the company actually invested in those 2 apps alone. and some people didn't even know blackberry still made phones until they saw my Q5. and i live in canada. lol. so what does that tell you about the marketing?

Guess what? They made something called the PRIV to answer that demand. Read up on the Snapchat threads and the Instagram threads. Those companies have no interest in building apps for BB10, nor willing to let anyone else do it. Ask Microsoft, who has tons of money to do the job but can't.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    02-05-16 05:38 PM
    Why should we care if they survive as a company without phones then?
    We wouldn't. It's like when Apple went all consumer electronics and the computer fans felt slighted.
    02-05-16 05:40 PM
    "BlackBerry cuts 35% in Waterloo"

It'll only be a matter of time before they cut themselves out of existence.
    techvisor likes this.
    02-05-16 05:43 PM
    Guess what? They made something called the PRIV to answer that demand. Read up on the Snapchat threads and the Instagram threads. Those companies have no interest in building apps for BB10, nor willing to let anyone else do it. Ask Microsoft, who has tons of money to do the job but can't.
    It's really tragic that the bad business decisions of Snapchat and Instagram combined with the unhealthy social media addictions of highschoolers was enough to bring down such a nicely designed product like BB10.
    BigBadWulf and HereticHermit like this.
    02-05-16 05:56 PM
    Developers want users, the more, the better. They also want to do the least amount of work possible. If developers can reach nearly every single smartphone user on this planet by only writing and supporting two versions of their app, why would they go to the hassle of making a third? For the warm and fuzzy feeling they will get from helping out a failing smartphone company and the few people who still cling to the devices they make? It just doesn't work that way.

The sad reality is that the majority of developers and consumers are completely happy with there only being two options when it comes to smartphones. If Microsoft can't be successful in this business with a third smartphone OS that basically no one asked for, what in the world makes anyone think that BlackBerry can be? BB10, Jolla Sailfish, Ubuntu, Windows Phone, Tizen - they will all fail to catch on.

The only way any third smartphone option will become successful is for Apple and Google to pull a BlackBerry and screw up royally. I don't think either company is going to do that anytime soon so wasting even more resources on BB10 at this point would be suicide.
    techvisor and JeepBB like this.
    02-05-16 06:08 PM
    Maybe out of topic but this blackberry indonesian support forum is over too

http://forumdukungan.blackberry.com/...guna/ct-p/umum

"Blackberry Indonesia support forum will soon be transferred to the status of "read-only" on 5 February 2016. If you are posting a topic that has not received an appropriate answer, please post your questions in the Blackberry English Support Forum at http: / /supportforums.blackberry.com

Please note that the user accounts can not be migrated from indonesian forum to English forum. By that, please register a new account in the Blackberry English Support Forum.

Thank's for your attention."
    02-05-16 06:37 PM
    This has been a very emotional ride for many people. Some refused to accept the inevitable, because they love BB10 OS. That is certainly understandable. It is a very capable platform and people can throw blame around and make excuses all they want. Chen was brought in to transition BlackBerry to a software company and he is doing just that. It doesn't help those who want smartphones though. It's too bad really, but the future was laid out several years ago. Hang on to your devices as long as you can. Enjoy them and then make a decision at some future date.
    02-05-16 06:47 PM
    Probably android developers. Meaning that they're gonna drop android too. As well as more hardware designers, meaning the priv may be the last device after all. Huh.

Posted via -sigh- Priv. Guess we have to get used to Android guys....
    what the hell are you talking about.
    02-05-16 07:12 PM
    It's really tragic that the bad business decisions of Snapchat and Instagram combined with the unhealthy social media addictions of highschoolers was enough to bring down such a nicely designed product like BB10.
    Okay, okay, we'll get off your lawn...
    02-05-16 07:22 PM
    Okay, okay, we'll get off your lawn...
    Huh?
    02-05-16 07:24 PM
    Huh?
    Slowly put the shotgun down and we'll walk away.

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    02-05-16 07:26 PM
    LOL. So it's all about Snapchat and Instagram refusing to make BB10 versions? That's all there is to the app ecosystem?
    02-05-16 07:28 PM
    BlackBerry should have brought out the Priv way back instead of going with the 'me-too' vkb phones. The pkb is what made the BlackBerry so loved.

I foolishly dropped my 8310 for iOS. But then I would have been sorely disappointed before the Passport arrived.

I've seen a few interviews with Chen. He's not the one BlackBerry needs.

Posted via BB Classic via CB app
    02-05-16 07:28 PM
    It never ceases to amaze me the shock and horror expressed, when what has been telegraphed come to fruition time and time again. We know they've taken their foot off the accelerator with BB10. How can a department that's running at idle sustain the same workforce? This is the inevitable reality of a restructuring we've been watching for over a year now. The only surprise is this is a surprise.

It's sad people have lost their jobs. I grew up in Sunrise, and the team there certainly had an affinity for CrackBerry (remember the Easter egg clock?). I feel for those in Waterloo too. I've friends who were let go in prior reductions. I'm sure I'll have more. BlackBerry has a responsibility to stay alive, so as many as possible of those left can maintain employment. May in some form or fashion that life be long and prosperous.
    02-05-16 07:54 PM
    I always feel for staff that has lost their jobs. Not a good feeling. Aside from all of the other issues that hurt BB10 was the "timing" for BB10 "finally" being launched and never recovered....and the rest of the downslide is in the history books. Regardless, love my Z10s, Q10s, and Z30s and I'm definitely not alone. However, all of us combined could not reach the numbers guestimated as a requirement for sales to be profitable. Never happened.
    02-05-16 09:28 PM
    Reminds me of what happened to the PlayBook. Top figures left first, then staff in droves, then a sudden announcement that they were dropping support. This seems to be BlackBerry 'modus operandi' - they are not a transparent or trustworthy company when it comes to things like this.
    As the Native Americans use to say " Mr. Chen speaks with a forked tongue"
    02-05-16 09:42 PM
    @570NEWS: BREAKING: More layoffs at Blackberry. Gary Klassen, the creator of BBM, and one of the longest serving employees, has reportedly been cut.

https://twitter.com/570NEWS/status/695681328939954177

Posted via CB10
    Maybe they have younger more innovative employees and he was 3 of their salaries. It's business and they're trying to survive. We don't really know the inside story.

Posted from Jiggy's Priv. . .
    02-05-16 09:48 PM
    Shame on you Blackberry, you have strayed SO far.
    Doggerz likes this.
    02-05-16 09:59 PM
    I don't think giving Chen the boot is even going to help at this point. He's done far too much damage already.

Posted via CB10
    Seeing Chen on a flight out do Canada might not help the company he killed but it sure would feel good.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2813 / T-Mobile
    crackberry_geek and acovey like this.
    02-05-16 10:00 PM
    BlackBerry will survive as a software company.

But phones won't be around much longer.

Posted via CB10
    At least BB10 doesn't require BIS so if carriers stop supporting BIS our BB10 devices will still be ok.
    02-05-16 10:14 PM
    BlackBerry should have brought out the Priv way back instead of going with the 'me-too' vkb phones. The pkb is what made the BlackBerry so loved.

I foolishly dropped my 8310 for iOS. But then I would have been sorely disappointed before the Passport arrived.

I've seen a few interviews with Chen. He's not the one BlackBerry needs.

Posted via BB Classic via CB app
    His interviews have bee embarrassing and almost apologetic for the hardware. I remember when at the Classic launch he thought he was being funny by saying he didn't know about battery life claims, because he "hasn't actually tried it yet". My jaw dropped when I heard this. It wasn't funny.
    02-05-16 10:18 PM
    At least BB10 doesn't require BIS so if carriers stop supporting BIS our BB10 devices will still be ok.
    Wrong, but they will still be ok for the foreseeable future.
    02-05-16 10:21 PM
    Seeing Chen on a flight out do Canada might not help the company he killed but it sure would feel good.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2813 / T-Mobile
    Why blame Chen? How many Canadians, plus other nationalities, still have jobs because of Chen? Prem only put another $1 billion in because of the ability to hire Chen to protect his equity and slowly turn company around. I love their phones too and BB10, however we are talking about real people and their lives, not just stupid inanimate objects. Why don't you think about the fortunate people who still have jobs? Blame the guys who effed the company up long before Prem and Chen showed up.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 10:22 PM
222 12345 ...