02-05-16 02:33 PM
    Yeah, Heins, Lazaridis and Balsillie would have turned things around no sweat...
    What ever happened to that Ham Sandwich guy?
    02-05-16 02:34 PM
    Wow. Chen is a disaster.

Posted via Z30
    Sal1982 and acovey like this.
    02-05-16 02:38 PM
    You can't have a software company when you fire all the software developers.
    02-05-16 02:43 PM
    I suppose finally even Klassen had had enough with that dude named Chen...
    02-05-16 02:55 PM
    In other news Apple and Google are offering a VP or C-Level job for Gary Klassen
    02-05-16 03:07 PM
    I don't think giving Chen the boot is even going to help at this point. He's done far too much damage already.

Posted via CB10
    There has been no credibility as to anything that Chen says in any regards concerning BlackBerry in the last 12 months. It's just a matter of time for them to show nice positive numbers to actually sell off the company. The only real value left are some the patents they own that would be profitable for any buyer.

It's a shame to see! A great Canadian success story, to only be disintegrated to a joke, while these top executives get their pockets lined heavily on the backs of whatever consumer is left (enterprise or consumer).

Another Nortel disgrace!

The question is now, who the hell would want to buy this sinking ship that has been taking on water for the last 5 years!! Samsung, Huawei, lenovo, Microsoft...I doubt even these guys would be takers at this point!

BlackBerry 10 was a solid OS, just disastrously executed from day 1!!! Never mind the sub standard devices that were always less competitive than the current specs of the day! Let's not even start on the lack of the variety of apps, even basic ones! Just atrocious & sad!!

I still sport a Z10, Z30 and my beloved Passport OG...but now I'm learning Android on a Note 4 reluctantly and will be buying a Nexus flagship device later this year once they have Android M sorted out so I can control the data mining, if that is really what they going to be allowing as options.

Just a shame and very sad to see...

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport SR 10.3.2.2514, OS 10.3.2.2789
    FF22, Sal1982, Bluenoser63 and 4 others like this.
    02-05-16 03:13 PM
    From the article if it's 150 BB10/device employees let go out of 1000 for this round. What were the other 850 doing?
    It's 200 employees laid off. So, yeah, the numbers were fuzzy to start.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-con...-round-layoffs
    Superfly_FR and jbrad like this.
    02-05-16 03:13 PM
    Now watch all the bgr and iverge clones blow this out of proportion. [Heyll say blackberry is dead and we need to buy iPhone.
    If they just report without commentary or are still saying BlackBerry needs to go away, then we're okay. It's when they become nostalgic about BlackBerry's place in smartphone history is when we should worry...
    Blacklatino likes this.
    02-05-16 03:33 PM
    Some may want to remember that BlackBerry acquired a bunch of companies and merged a lot of their technologies in the "Enterprise offering". So it also makes sense they adjust the team composition. Don't know what's the proportion, but surely counts in the global number.

Edit : so I'd be curious about the final balance between job's acquisitions (companies that were bought) and those 200 leaving the company. Anyone has this info ?
    Good Technologies alone should be +/- 100, isn't it ?
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 02-05-16 at 03:52 PM. Reason: horrible English, sry.
    02-05-16 03:34 PM
    What I really want to know is do they still have a corporate jet? You know, with all of this layoffs, BlackBerry public image as a luxury company may drop. They need this jet now more than ever.

Posted via CB10
    _dimi_ likes this.
    02-05-16 03:41 PM
    AFAIK they sold it under Heins era.
    02-05-16 03:54 PM
    Some may want to remember that BlackBerry acquired a bunch of companies and merged a lot of their technologies in the "Enterprise offering". So it also makes sense they adjust the team composition. Don't know what's the proportion, but surely counts in the global number.

Edit : so I'd be curious about the final balance between job's acquisitions (companies that were bought) and those 200 leaving the company. Anyone has this info ?
    Good Technologies alone should be +/- 100, isn't it ?
    from last year.
    Good Technology cuts staff in layoff as it prepares for IPO - Silicon Valley Business Journal

"According to its most recent IPO filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, Good employed 799 at the end of September. Its biggest unit is research and development, where it employed 380, followed by 222 in sales and marketing,105 in general and administrative functions and 92 in professional services.

So a cut of between 100 and 140 employees would be a major reduction."
    seems like Good has over 500 employees?

here is watchdox.
    https://www.linkedin.com/company/watchdox
    states between 50-200 employees
    Superfly_FR, La Emperor and dusdal like this.
    02-05-16 03:59 PM
    Figures are relentless, thanks sidhuk !
    sidhuk, La Emperor, pjh248 and 1 others like this.
    02-05-16 04:02 PM
    Isn't Chen still commuting daily to BlackBerry office from California using the corporate jet?
    02-05-16 04:04 PM
    Flying time between LA and Toronto is 5hours and 35 minutes. then airport time. so yeah going back and forth would between 11 and 13 hours a day. that leaves him about about 11 hours a day to work. possible.
    https://www.google.ca/search?q=flyin...toronto+and+la
    La Emperor likes this.
    02-05-16 04:08 PM
    Chen doesn't commute daily.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 04:25 PM
    chen has been a total disaster from day one. what has he done besides turning a blind eye towards the best device OS on the planet?

instead of buying all that other stuff, blackberry should have used that money to market and develop some of the more popular apps. like updating facebook, and also creating instagram and snapchat(no native for these two apps is incredibly foolish!). those apps alone are only used by billions daily.
    Doggerz likes this.
    02-05-16 04:44 PM
    Haha there goes Marshmallow for my Priv.
    02-05-16 04:46 PM
    Time to draft up a eulogy for BlackBerry then.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 04:49 PM
    Haha there goes Marshmallow for my Priv.
    This has no impact on Marshmallow...
    02-05-16 04:53 PM
    This has no impact on Marshmallow...
    There is no Marshmallow ....

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-05-16 04:55 PM
    chen has been a total disaster from day one. what has he done besides turning a blind eye towards the best device OS on the planet?

instead of buying all that other stuff, blackberry should have used that money to market and develop some of the more popular apps. like updating facebook, and also creating instagram and snapchat(no native for these two apps is incredibly foolish!). those apps alone are only used by billions daily.
    Those billions don't care about BlackBerry. Us shareholders think he's doing a great job. All you have to do is ask Prem. Chen was hired to save BlackBerry the company, not BB10, and that "stuff" he bought is doing just that. If Chen didn't step in, BlackBerry the company, would be pushing up daisies and instead of partial layoffs, nobody would have jobs. That's a fact. Look at trajectory of Palm the company. Remember, HP stepped in to buy Palm. Nobody offered to purchase BlackBerry. That's when Prem dumped in more cash only after board agreed to hire Chen.

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino and JeepBB like this.
    02-05-16 04:57 PM

How does that work when the company you want a native app has no interest in doing it OR letting you do it? This situation has been rehashed many, many times. You're not the first to come up with this idea... very far from it.
    TGR1 and DINGSTER1 like this.
    02-05-16 04:59 PM
    BlackBerry will survive as a software company.

But phones won't be around much longer.

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    02-05-16 05:04 PM
222 1234 ...