Hello all would like to share my recent experience with BlackBerry customer support.
    Recently my Passport SE took an unfortunate hard fall. Result was that the screen was flickering and only could see half of it. Somehow managed to do a fresh backup via link. As screen went from bad to worse while on and device was warming up! Contacted BlackBerry support (phone call fom Spain) and was told to send a picture and if possible a short video. Luckily had my PRIV and proceeded to send . 2 days later received DHL prepaid package and box so could send in my SE. During the whole time in constant contact with Rita an RMA rep in the UK where device was going for repair. So far so good! Approximately 7 days later was told by Rita that my SE was ready to be shipped back. Wow I though that was fast! This was on Friday morning. Well Monday afternoon door rings...and yes DHL package has arrived from BlackBerry Support UK. Again all prepaid and of course express! So proceed to open package and was shocked!! They had sent me a brand new Passport SE! Knew this because mine had some nicks on the corners so checked IMEI and was different. But looked at build date:
    200317!!! It os obvious that even though SE not being sold directly from BlackBerry they have stock for enterprise. Have noticed with this latest SE how backlit keyboard is all lit where before the whole was not lit uniform..Just overall real good.
    Did the backup via link and all back to normal!
    So ThankYou BlackBerry for this awesome service and great customer service experience! Posting this thread directly from my SE.
    Have attached the bar code information where you can see the build date.
    BlackBerry customer support experience-blackberry-passport-se-april-2017.jpg

Posted via PRIV and or Passport SE
    04-06-17 11:32 AM
    That's awesome to here Rico! They have always been super cool with me too! Go #teamblackberry
    Rico4you likes this.
    04-06-17 11:49 AM
    Hot off the presses Rico, nice! Best phone BlackBerry ever made right there.
    04-06-17 12:16 PM
    Nice story. They're hit and miss but it sounds like this time they came through.

Posted via CB10
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    04-06-17 12:46 PM
    That awesome! I didn't have such luck when I received my DTEK50 and the BlackBerry bullets weren't all there, called BlackBerry and they transferred me to TCL and TCL said I'd have to show proof that it was shipped to me this way, how can I do that lol. I just hung up and said the hell with it and I put a UKARBON on it, Tom said I was the only one in the world to have a UKarbon for the DTEK50 because he decided to never release them because they didn't stick to the Dtek50 back that well but he sent me one anyways and I have a clear case over it. But even without a case it's stuck on there very good. Just bothers me that under the skin is a 2 missing bullets..
    04-06-17 07:50 PM
    You DO know that that's NOT a build date, but rather a packaging date, right? Every PPSE was manufactured in mid-2015, as part of a single run.

It's also not at all unusual to hold back a small amount of stock for warranty replacements - in fact, it's legally required in most countries, though the specifics vary.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    04-06-17 10:29 PM
    You DO know that that's NOT a build date, but rather a packaging date, right? Every PPSE was manufactured in mid-2015, as part of a single run.

It's also not at all unusual to hold back a small amount of stock for warranty replacements - in fact, it's legally required in most countries, though the specifics vary.
    Buzzkiller....

Posted via CB10
    04-06-17 10:35 PM
    This is BlackBerry just dumping whatever remaining stock they have of the Passport.

Kidding OP, glad you got good service from them. I've had two instances of dealing with them directly. One time was great, the other time not so much but I'm glad it worked out for you.
    04-07-17 05:10 AM
    It's great to here when Blackberry follows up and supports their customers.

My only warranty issue has been the warranty should be on the device and not the person who bought it like Apple and Nokia have.
    Troy Tiscareno and bbnrs like this.
    04-07-17 10:38 AM