In mid 2010 only 42% of BlackBerry owners planned on buying another BlackBerry. Today that number has climbed to almost 60%. Still a way to go but not too shabby either considering BB10 has not yet been released. First bit is from an article written on 03 August 2010 the second is from an article written today:

RIM to launch BlackBerry tablet, but customer loyalty falling

Tuesday, 03 August 2010 10:02
    Patrick Stafford

Hot on the heels of Apple's widely successful iPad release, rival Research In Motion is rumoured to be gearing up for a product launch in November for a new BlackBerry tablet computer, with the company keen to take advantage of the iPad-inspired hype.
    But while RIM might have hopes for widespread success, they better act quickly new Nielsen figures show only 42% of BlackBerry users intend to keep using the company's products.
    RIM to launch BlackBerry tablet, but customer loyalty falling

a recent survey from Bernstein Research claims:

75% of Android users plan to repurchase another Android device, 58% of BlackBerry users plan on doing similarly, while just 37% of Windows phone owners intend on sticking with the platform.
    What to Expect From Apple's Earnings
    G-bone and Acumenight like this.
    01-09-13 02:15 PM
    #BB10Believe
    01-09-13 02:27 PM
    Nice, I think a lot of naysayers neglect the existing subscriber base who are waiting to upgrade when they discuss the success of BlackBerry 10. How many of the remaining 9million US consumer subscribers are just waiting for BlackBerry 10 because everyone I know still using BBOS are.
    01-09-13 02:37 PM
    interesting, i am curious as to how the survey was done. my bbm contact list over time does not reflect this trend at all

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-09-13 03:53 PM
    Did some site claim 70%+ were going to upgrade to bb10?
    01-09-13 04:26 PM
    interesting, i am curious as to how the survey was done. my bbm contact list over time does not reflect this trend at all

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I`m not sure how these surveys were done, but one explanation for this trend is that a significant number of those who were planning on switching away from BlackBerry in 2010 have already done so. The remaining users are increasingly loyal.

I think the Bernstein Research survey may have been from early in 2012, so the current number may match up closer to the 70% mark that was cited elsewhere.
    01-09-13 05:06 PM
    Good timing.
    I believe when you ask someone a question such as these. Their first gut reaction is to back a preceived winner. Say as a 80/20 split in the general population. This could highlight RIMs new stature as a company thats not falling off a cliff!
    01-09-13 05:44 PM
    I'm trying to help the retention even in my own home.Wife has been eyeballing Iphones. After showing her alot of pics and some video, I just about have her hooked on a new BB10. It was never really any question for me. BB4life.
    01-09-13 05:57 PM