Here’s some interesting information for you BlackBerry lovers out there. We finally have some firm details surrounding the GSM counterpart to the Malibu, which will be a CDMA Curve Touch launching late fall. The GSM BlackBerry Curve Touch, which will feature nearly identical specs, of course, has been seen recently by a trusted source who noted that the device featured T-Mobile branding and would be unveiled at BlackBerry World next month. Compared to the rest of the 2011 Curve lineup, the device is actually a much smaller full touchscreen Curve. It’s similar to the BlackBerry Touch, with the same proportions as the BlackBerry Orlando (Curve with a touchscreen and full QWERTY keyboard) and the BlackBerry Apollo that we leaked back in January. The GSM BlackBerry Curve Touch will launch around June or July, we’ve been told.

Source: BGR
    04-20-11 08:10 AM
    It looks a lot like the blackberry touch (storm /monza/monako) which is not bad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-11 08:17 AM
    Side view and front view look very odd?

Touch and keyboard or all touch?

Looks like a keyboard on the side view.......
    04-20-11 08:20 AM
    Side view and front view look very odd?

Touch and keyboard or all touch?

Looks like a keyboard on the side view.......
    Exactly what I was thinking. Looks like a slide out keyboard. perhaps its a landscape slider, as opposed to the portrait slider of the torch? Wouldn't make sense to release an all touch device when we already have the storm series.
    04-20-11 08:26 AM
    Looks like it has been photoshopped
    Doesn't look like the pictures that has been leaked before including the Video Tutorials that have been extracted.
    Last edited by Tecklop; 04-20-11 at 08:39 AM.
    04-20-11 08:35 AM
    Wasn't Orlando the name of the all-touch Curve in previous leaks prior to that one that claimed it was a similar design to the bold touch?
    04-20-11 08:38 AM
    Looks like it has been photoshopped
    Doesn't look like the pictures that has been leaked before including the Video Tutorials that have been extracted.
    I thought it was only the Monaco and Dakota that had video tutorials extracted?
    04-20-11 08:47 AM
    Exactly what I was thinking. Looks like a slide out keyboard. perhaps its a landscape slider, as opposed to the portrait slider of the torch? Wouldn't make sense to release an all touch device when we already have the storm series.
    No way it a slide out.

Look at the location of bezel......

I agree Photoshop or something of that sort.
    04-20-11 09:01 AM
    There's no slide out on there.

I thought that the 99XX was going to be released before this one, so if they say June-July timeframe for the Curve Touch, then I'd expect the Bold Touch sooner. That is a good thing. I've been waiting for the Bold Touch for a LONG TIME.

Excited for BBworld announcements. May needs to get here already.
    04-20-11 09:13 AM
    I thought that the 99XX was going to be released before this one, so if they say June-July timeframe for the Curve Touch, then I'd expect the Bold Touch sooner. That is a good thing. I've been waiting for the Bold Touch for a LONG TIME.
    I wouldn't read too much into this stuff about these newer Curves, the rumours all seem to be getting garbled and mixed in with each other.

Just noticed another oddity with the pic, besides the keyboard in the profile pic, there is also a lack of buttons on the front pic, which seems more than a little unlikely.
    Last edited by Skeevecr; 04-20-11 at 09:17 AM.
    04-20-11 09:15 AM
    Just noticed another oddity with the pic, besides the keyboard in the profile pic, there is also a lack of buttons on the front pic, which seems more than a little unlikely.
    Yeah good point. I thought that RIM was making it a point to keep the buttons and track pad on the device.
    04-20-11 09:18 AM
    Any chance the Torch 2 will be released in/before July? :/
    04-20-11 09:57 AM
    Look at the bezel on the side views as opposed to the front view. In the side views it wraps around the front, but in the front view it wraps around the back.
    04-20-11 10:46 AM
    I wouldn't read too much into this stuff about these newer Curves, the rumours all seem to be getting garbled and mixed in with each other.

Didn't even pay attention to buttons. Probably just a bad Photoshop work.

04-20-11 11:21 AM
    Looking at the side views, the distance between the top row of keys and the top of the phone seems very large compared to my 9700.
    04-20-11 02:12 PM
    Looking at the side views, the distance between the top row of keys and the top of the phone seems very large compared to my 9700.
    Given the design and that they will want to distinguish it from the new storm I think it is probably going to end up being almost exactly the same size as the other new curves just without a keyboard making it a nice little phone for some people, but far too small for others.
    04-20-11 06:28 PM
    it looks like rim is moving on a rapid pace now. its a wake up call. they will be releasing devices in a hurry. the curve touch was not even supposed to be released this early or not even this year.
    04-21-11 12:51 AM
    This is not like Monza that I saw. It had real buttons and a trackpad at the bottom and they were nicely back lit. It was smooth as glass when navigating and moving things on the screen. The faster processor makes it a whole different beast from what RIM has offered in the past.
    04-21-11 05:59 AM
    it looks like rim is moving on a rapid pace now. its a wake up call. they will be releasing devices in a hurry. the curve touch was not even supposed to be released this early or not even this year.
    Thank Christ.
    04-21-11 08:28 AM
    This is not like Monza that I saw. It had real buttons and a trackpad at the bottom and they were nicely back lit. It was smooth as glass when navigating and moving things on the screen. The faster processor makes it a whole different beast from what RIM has offered in the past.
    You're talking about the high end phone. This thread is for the lower end curve touch
    04-21-11 09:36 AM
    I think we'll hear about all of RIM's upcoming phones at BlackBerry World.
    04-21-11 10:42 AM
    I don't think they are real pics they look photoshopped and all-in-all bb doesn't reall make phones without the menu and phone keys. It isn't natural
    04-23-11 01:01 PM
    I think we'll hear about all of RIM's upcoming phones at BlackBerry World.
    I think it will depend on how soon they are due to arrive, anything not due by about mid-July would probably be too far off for them to announce formally at this show.
    04-23-11 01:17 PM
    This device has been photoshoped, it has keypads and NO optic pad ...clearly this is just a prank

04-23-11 01:22 PM
    I'm also saying it's just a poor attempt at photoshop. It almost looks like the pics of the Bold Touch from the side view.
    04-23-11 02:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD