I have a question regarding when I synch phone to Outlook on PC. I am wanting to have tons of contacts on PC, but I don't want them all on my phone. When I delete an item from my phone, it deletes it from my Outlook on PC when I synch. How do I stop this from happening, please? I'm very new at this all. Real new.
    Thanks!
    07-13-08 09:04 PM
    You cannot stop this. The whole idea of a BlackBerry sync is to bring all your Outlook contacts over to your phone.

If you want a work around, continue to use Outlook for your email conatcts and use Outlook Express (Windows Mail under Vista) for syncing to your phone.

You can initially import all your Outlook contacts into Oytlook Express and delete the ones you do not want on your phone and then sync. Do this for a few days until your BlackBerry Address Book is as you wish it.
    07-14-08 05:24 AM
    Thanks. I'm starting to understand that if I want to use Outlook, it has to be in both places. Appreciate you explaining.

Take care, Arah
    07-14-08 04:35 PM
    Actually, there is a solution to the two problems you're having.

Problem 1) You don't want a bunch of contacts from Outlook landing themselves onto your Blackberry.

Solution 1)
    Step 1) Open Blackberry Desktop Messenger on your PC, and click on Synchronize (make sure your Blackberry is connected to your PC)
    2) Click on the "Configuration" tab, and click "Configure Synch"
    3) Select Address Book, and click "Setup"
    4) Select Microsoft Outlook and click "Next"
    5) Select "One way sync from device" and hit "Next"
    6) Make sure you have the right profile selected in the drop-down menu and hit "Next", and then click "Finish"

That should solve that problem.

Problem 2) When you delete a contact on your phone, you don't want it deleted on your computer as well.

Solution 1)
    Step 1) Again, in Blackberry Desktop Messenger, click on Synchronize
    2) Click on "Configuration" tab, and click "Configure synch"
    3) Select the "Address Book" and click "Advanced" button
    4) Make sure you're under the "Address Book" tab, and check box that says "Confirm record deletions (recommended)
    5) Optional: You may want to also click on the "Conflict resolution" button and set the proper settings there, I have mine set to "Notify me when conflicts occur"
    6) Click OK twice, hit Close, and you're done!

Hope that helps! Remember, Blackberry tries to make synchronizing as easy and customizable as possible, granted I'm sure there are limitations, but I haven't experienced any yet.
    Last edited by BenXP; 07-14-08 at 10:28 PM.
    07-14-08 10:26 PM
    May I go one step further and ask:

I am restricted by my employer and do not have a Desktop Manager. Is there any other way to synchronize my Outlook contacts to my blackberry address book??

Thank you!
    Trish
    07-28-08 07:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD