alright so two things. i wanted let everyone know that the curve 8900 IS at rogers in canada, check it out yourself: rogers.com/8900 i emailed them and they said if i had any trouble to talk to customer support and theyd order one in.

second does anyone know if virgin mobile is getting the 8900 at all? theyve got the older curve so i was wondering if it was coming.
    12-08-08 02:19 PM
    I doubt the 8900 will show up on Virgin for a while, mainly because the older Curve just showed up for Virgin within the last month or so.
    12-08-08 03:23 PM
    Ugh... i'm getting so sick of waiting for the 8900, Bold, or Storm (similar) device to come to T-Mobile!!!.... I think I can only hold out until maybe end of JAN'09...
    12-08-08 03:50 PM
    ya my plans up at the end of january. im trying to figure out if i should hope for virgin to get it or look somewhere else.

rogers has some junk $45 (im assuming before monthly fees) blackberry plan requirement or else there phones are $500. even on three years. frickin ridiculous
    12-08-08 06:03 PM
    does anyone know which carriers will be getting the 8900?
    12-08-08 06:16 PM
    Rogers for now, check BlackBerry
    12-08-08 06:33 PM
    does blackberry post all of the carriers on their site?
    12-09-08 09:12 AM
    alright so two things. i wanted let everyone know that the curve 8900 IS at rogers in canada, check it out yourself: rogers.com/8900 i emailed them and they said if i had any trouble to talk to customer support and theyd order one in.

second does anyone know if virgin mobile is getting the 8900 at all? theyve got the older curve so i was wondering if it was coming.
    What the **** is virgin mobile???? Do you mean T-Mobile.??? All I can tell ya is I highly doubt virgin mobile(is that really a company?) Will have anything decent. Ever.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 08:01 AM
    These are guesses, so no one get on me for guessing!

1: T-Mobile
    2: AT&T
    3: Verizon
    4: Sprint

12-18-08 08:06 AM
    What the **** is virgin mobile???? Do you mean T-Mobile.??? All I can tell ya is I highly doubt virgin mobile(is that really a company?) Will have anything decent. Ever.

Virgin Mobile is a phone company owned by Richard Bronson. The same guy who owns Virgin Airlines. And yes it is a real company, not the best in the cell phone category but it is a company none the less.

12-18-08 08:09 AM
    Virgin Mobile is a phone company owned by Richard Bronson. The same guy who owns Virgin Airlines. And yes it is a real company, not the best in the cell phone category but it is a company none the less.
    And they use Sprints PCS network for their voice, well at least here in the States. They are Pre-pay. Boost is the Nextel side of Sprints Pre-pay.
    12-18-08 09:55 AM
    Are they still around? I thought they fell off the face of the earth a long time ago. They are way behind.
    12-20-08 01:25 PM
    They operate in Canada too. Virgin Mobile contracts service through Bell Mobility, a full coverage CDMA carrier.

The rate are good, no service fees makes it that much better.

I am tempted by the 8900, it is qualified for UMA and TalkSpot. I am sure I could find a good home for my trusty, but not too old, Pearl.

Memory
    Internal Storage: 256 MB on board flash memory
    Hot swappable MicroSD card slot supporting up to 16GB
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 12-20-08 at 04:26 PM.
    12-20-08 04:14 PM
    Ugh... i'm getting so sick of waiting for the 8900, Bold, or Storm (similar) device to come to T-Mobile!!!.... I think I can only hold out until maybe end of JAN'09...
    Don't give up. I would like to have a Storm and it dose not look like TMO will be offering it. So after Jan 09 it looks like I will just have to buy an unlocked one. I would rather to that than switch to VZN.
    12-20-08 04:27 PM
    I highly doubt the Curve 8900 will come to virgin mobile for at least two years, if at all.

My predictions on the release:

AT&T
    T-mobile
    Sprint
    Verizon

(I'm only hoping Sprint makes that move before Verizon or they might as well start packing up)
    12-20-08 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD