hi, i have a blackberry curve 8520 and i was just wondering.. why doesnt my hotspot browser work at home with wifi?..ive been too the o2 shop and they said i need a data plan.. i only want to browse web pages no apps or anything??? and its not letting me, my phone works with edge on the browser but nothing else.. i dont have a data plan and i dont want to get one so is there anyway i can make my blackberry functions work with just the internet browser.. thankskamran.
    02-06-10 12:35 PM
    i also have a grey wifi symbol and a white dash instead of a green tick on my connections menu .
    02-06-10 12:52 PM
    I believe you have to have a Blackberry data plan in order to use the browser/email/bbm functions. These things get routed through the Blackberry servers before hitting your BB.
    02-06-10 01:35 PM
    You have to have a data plan w/ or w/o wifi. The wifi simply gives you a faster connection than your service provider.
    02-06-10 01:51 PM
    so what does thegrey wifi symbol and a white dash instead of a green tick on my connections menu .
    02-06-10 02:40 PM
    so what does thegrey wifi symbol and a white dash instead of a green tick on my connections menu .
    If its white I believe it means you're fully provisioned through the BIS servers and should be able to use all BB services like bbm and email.
    02-06-10 02:51 PM
    umm my bb doesnt connect at all... i cant use internet, facebook, msn, bbm i need help badly it was working at one point then half an hour later it just stopped working and i cba to pay or sumthing to get a new one and if i dont find a solution soon im gunna say its broken cuz i got insurance and get a new one. i only want internet so i can use msn and bbm and facebook 1 of the reasons why i got a blackberry x
    Last edited by badboikyle360; 12-09-10 at 07:57 AM. Reason: had more to add
    12-09-10 07:55 AM
    Ok upper right hand corner of the screen what does it say? And is it in lowercase or CAPS? Also you DO have a BB dataplan with your carrier right? Have you tried the simple fix? A battery pull? That is open the back, take out the battery, wait 10 seconds and then reinsert it, this will cause your device to reboot, just like a computer does. That can sometimes fix things. But tell me what the upper right says? 3G, 3g, EDGE, edge, GSM, etc?
    12-09-10 08:51 AM
    BadBoi,

PM or email me when you are ready to debug the problem, IF you still need help. Hopefully you already got it resolved.
    12-10-10 09:21 AM
    Ok upper right hand corner of the screen what does it say? And is it in lowercase or CAPS? Also you DO have a BB dataplan with your carrier right? Have you tried the simple fix? A battery pull? That is open the back, take out the battery, wait 10 seconds and then reinsert it, this will cause your device to reboot, just like a computer does. That can sometimes fix things. But tell me what the upper right says? 3G, 3g, EDGE, edge, GSM, etc?
    I have the same problem and mine says; edge..
    I dont have a data plan!
    01-16-11 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD