I installed Foursquare on my blackberry curve 8310 and I get the following error message when clicking on the icon to connect foursquare:

"the application foursquare has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy"

What does this mean and what do I have to do in order to fix it because I LOVE Foursquare and need it to work on this phone as it has on my previous other blackberry phones! Thanks to whoever can assist me!
    11-11-10 10:16 AM
    Is this a personal or company issued phone?

If company issued your BES admin may have set a policy to disllow such applications.
    11-11-10 10:24 AM
    I bought the phone on e-bay but he stated it could be used for personal or business use and when I log in on my at&t account side it shows my phone is a 8320 curve even tho he stated it was a 8310 curve!
    11-11-10 10:27 AM
    Sounds like it was originally on a corporate BES and the IT policy is still on it.

You need to remove that. I'm not at a PC so I can't link you to the thread that shows how but it is in the How To section.

Here is hoping someone who can will post a link for you.

Posted from my phone at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-10 10:38 AM
    That message is somewhat confusing, but I have seen it my BIS BlackBerry while attempting to configure Tether.

First place to check: Options / Security Options / Firewall. Set it to Disabled and check to make sure BIS is not checked.

It is a simple matter to check which model you have: Options / About. The Model number is on the top line. If you actually have an 8320, you will Wifi menu options available.
    11-11-10 01:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD