By far, THE best thread HiJacking EVER! You deserve a Crackberry award!
    Remember 2 weeks ago... 18-13, then last wek 13-17, now this week 16-14...

This should ease your pain
    Was there a phone in that video?
    02-14-13 07:13 PM
    Why is it that every time the stock rallies nobody starts a thread "I'm trying to short BBRY but Thor is doing too much"? Quit, yer, whining.
    Def gonna start this thread hopefully soon
    02-14-13 09:16 PM
    Why not look at apples stock. It has been dropping like a rock over $200 down the past month and change. For blackberry to lose a buck or two here and there is no big deal. For the first year it will be going up and down like a yoyo after the BB10 launches.
    02-14-13 11:52 PM
    They are not playing the game very well. The stock is plummeting day after day and Frank should be countering with news tidbits here and there. This drop is starting to make a lot of us investors loose faith. C'mon BB - step up to the plate and start playing the investment game. A great product means nothing in this world if you don't have investment sentiment. Where is Skype which was promised? Where is Instagram and Netflix. I know, who cares about these apps right? Well investors do - a lot! How about some sales numbers or something to counter the Home Depot debacle? If you don't get sentiment on your side now you are dead when you hit the US - period.
    If Blackberry is so horrible why did you sign up for this site in December 2012
    02-15-13 01:45 AM
    With a new phone coming out it is natural that many new accounts will have been created.
    There are no requirements for creating an account here. There are requirements for behaviour only.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    02-15-13 04:06 AM
    Now, why couldn't we had a Super Bowl Commercial like that one?
    02-15-13 05:27 AM
    And here we go....

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    Wow, your breasts has taken effect !!
    02-15-13 06:43 AM

Why? Because I invested in Blackberry in November after selling my Apple stock. I've never owned a blackberry phone before the Z10. My first smartphone was a Palm Treo and then an ipone 3G, iphone 4, iphone 5 then a galaxt S3. I had the playbook and thought it was much better than reviewers made it out to be. I invested in RIM because I'm Canadian and believe in supporting our technology companies. I'm also a value investor and the stock was so cheap how could I resist. I spent a month doing research before buying shares.

My impression so far is that Blackberry has fantastic potential but that the world is out to get them. i.e. Apple and Google are very quickly smothering Blackberry to death. Iphone 5s, Samsung IV and the new Google Motorola phones are just around the corner.

There is a loyal following much like Apple and that is a good thing. I still have high hopes for the Q10 release but honestly I'm starting to buckle a wee after using my Z10. Unfortunately it is still a little buggy. Granted both Apple and Google were bug ridden in the beginning as well - this is to be expected. However, the latter two both had the luxury to take their time because they were already successful with other products - the smartphone segment of their business was not their only hope.

I'm starting to fear that deals are being made by the big boys to prevent Blackberry from gaining any more market share. I think the carriers in the US are pulling a fast one. I believe they are stalling due to pressures from powerful people with a lot of investment in Apple and Google. The Z10 should have been released to the US at launch time. I realize there is an opportunity for Blackberry to polish its OS and perhaps gain some other big app developers before the US launch but its newness is starting to wear off. They really need key apps in order to sell units in the US. I don't care what anyone on this forum thinks but the reality is this: if you don't have key applications you are doomed. They need to have instagram, netflix and skype. Out of the three only one has been publicly announced and where is it. I myself program and develop with embedded systems. I know what is involved in software development. All three of these big apps could have been ported in a week. I don't buy the BS that it takes time to release a stable app. The code is already there and shouldn't be that difficult to port. For pete's sake my kids have Netflix on the Wii. Dev Alphas have been in the wilderness for almost a year now. No - I'm afraid Instagram and Netflix are probably being spanked by Apple and Google. Skype is stalling because they're MS. Why in the world would MS want to help Blackberry succeed. In fact, I more expected Netflix and Instagram before Skype.

What Blackberry needs to do is offer something that MS, Google and Apple can't live without. Perhaps if they had opened BBM to other platforms that could have been their ace in the hole. Perhaps if they could start NFC payments? I would so love to swipe my phone at a Tim Hortons and would be the fist to youtube such a moment. The next few weeks will be nail biting. No firm unit sales are leading to wild speculation. Having Thor say 50% more than any other Blackberry launch doesn't really say much. The days of Blackberry selling only a million units and making money are over. They need to sell much much more to be back in the game.

I hope they release an OS update soon to address some issues. So far I've experienced both good and bad battery life depending on what sort of cell area I'm in. The bluetooth is problematic causing my phone's ringer to become silent and making me miss calls. The system wide search sometimes gets stuck in an Active Frame mode. The device password unlock is horrible. I sometimes need to retype 2 or 3 times to just use my phone. They need a big pin pad like Apple or Google. Story maker works only after a battery pull.

But having said all that I really do love this phone. Its quircky but its also brilliant. Long story short - I wish BB managment could say more, give more news. I believe they are working 24/7 and doing everything they can. But ultimately, I think they will have to chop down a mountian with the edge of their hands.

Still I won't sell until we see how the Q10 is received. I simply know too many people who only want to use a QWERTY phone. The baby boomers are a large sector of the population and they like keyboards. Wish they were releasing the Q10 shortly after the Z10 and not a month later.

I would also propose that if Instagram and Netflix don't develop for Blackberry that we start getting vocal and crazy. You tube exploits, deadline to cancel our Netflix accounts, etc....

Crazy market, crazy times. Orwell was right on the money.
    m0de25 likes this.
    02-15-13 06:29 PM
    Ah, it all comes down to

Why? Because I invested in Blackberry in November after selling my Apple stock.
    northernrds likes this.
    02-15-13 06:36 PM
    Ah, it all comes down to
    I'm sorry did I do something criminal? I saw an opportunity with Blackberry and jumped the Apple ship to join Blackberry. It was a good value investment and so far I've done well. I have no doubt that many people on this forum have done the exact same thing. I am sharing my thoughts about the reality of where Blackberry is right now. One thing I've never been is a mindless fanboy with 21.194 posts on a forum dedicated to Blackberry. I support great products and innovation. I still think Apple has made some incredible products. My Macbook pro is still the best laptop out there. I think Blackberry has great innovation and ability, especially for a smallish development team, but is not being allowed to succeed because of outward pressure.
    02-15-13 06:47 PM
    I'm sorry did I do something criminal? I saw an opportunity with Blackberry and jumped the Apple ship to join Blackberry. It was a good value investment and so far I've done well. I have no doubt that many people on this forum have done the exact same thing. I am sharing my thoughts about the reality of where Blackberry is right now. One thing I've never been is a mindless fanboy with 21.194 posts on a forum dedicated to Blackberry. I support great products and innovation. I still think Apple has made some incredible products. My Macbook pro is still the best laptop out there. I think Blackberry has great innovation and ability, especially for a smallish development team, but is not being allowed to succeed because of outward pressure.
    Not at all. I just see where you're coming from is all.
    02-15-13 06:52 PM
    Story maker works only after a battery pull.
    I'm sorry. I thought I understood the "battery pull" to be a thing of the past?
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-15-13 11:47 PM
    I'm sorry. I thought I understood the "battery pull" to be a thing of the past?
    Well it still has a removable battery but you don't have to pull it you can just restart it with the button on top. And yes there are bugs, go figure, so you will have to restart it sometimes. The ones saying a battery pull isn't needed are saying it's not needed to recovery memory and things you had to pull for in legacy bb's.
    02-16-13 07:03 AM
    After the latest issue with the iOS update and Exchange Server, I think BlackBerry realizes rubbing salt in the wounds of Home Depot re their decision would be somewhat classless. Plus from what I understand from reading other posts etc, the Home Depot switch was mentioned a while ago and was not that many devices. It has just been used by the media yet again as a reason to slag BlackBerry. I would be interested to see how many of these talking heads and "financial journalists" reporting all the negative news on BB all the time own shares, are trying to short shares etc.
    02-16-13 01:49 PM
    All of you guys do is complain, complain and more complain while you are supposed to be thankful, thankful and more thankful for having a brand new OS, features, camera, apps (more in the future) and so on.
    02-16-13 04:48 PM
    All of you guys do is complain, complain and more complain while you are supposed to be thankful, thankful and more thankful for having a brand new OS, features, camera, apps (more in the future) and so on.
    Thankful? For spending our money? You've got to be joking.
    JeepBB, BThunderW and richardat like this.
    02-17-13 04:55 AM
    I'm not getting the thankful thing.
    I would be thankful for my neighbour to come take a tree out of my bedroom window if a storm came through, or for my boss to allow me to work from home on icy days or to my man offering to put a tree in the ground for me so I don't have to dig.
    When I wait for eighteen months (or longer) for a new device that finally catches up to what other platforms have been doing and I pay for it, I expect it to work. Only way I would be thankful then is if Blackberry sent me a free one. THEN I would owe them gratitude.
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-17-13 05:52 AM
    Why? Because I invested in Blackberry in November after selling my Apple stock. I've never owned a blackberry phone before the Z10. My first smartphone was a Palm Treo and then an ipone 3G, iphone 4, iphone 5 then a galaxt S3. I had the playbook and thought it was much better than reviewers made it out to be. I invested in RIM because I'm Canadian and believe in supporting our technology companies. I'm also a value investor and the stock was so cheap how could I resist. I spent a month doing research before buying shares.

....snip.....

Crazy market, crazy times. Orwell was right on the money.

The whole explanation ware really unnecessary; there is no requirement to join CB other than having an email address, not having multiple accounts, and no returning after a ban.

You don't need to explain your reasons for being here. All that is required now is to follow forum rules. Much to the chagrin of those who would have it otherwise, not even owning nor using a BB device are requirements here.
    02-17-13 05:59 AM
    Only way I would be thankful then is if Blackberry sent me a free one. THEN I would owe them gratitude.
    I think I see where you're going with this... Good Luck!
    02-17-13 06:04 AM
    I think I see where you're going with this... Good Luck!
    Oh no!!!! I don't expect anything!!! I'm a troll for using my SGIII, my iPhone and my iPad, remember? I'm never getting anything free from BB. Closest I've come is trying for one in a CB contest, but I've got terrible luck.

I was just defining where I would be thankful.
    02-17-13 06:10 AM
    Oh no!!!! I don't expect anything!!! I'm a troll for using my SGIII, my iPhone and my iPad, remember? I'm never getting anything free from BB. Closest I've come is trying for one in a CB contest, but I've got terrible luck.

I was just defining where I would be thankful.
    Gotcha... I completely forgot about you being a troll an' all. I use a Nokia Lumia, and I'm rather disappointed that nobody has risen to the bait (yet)

I tend not to see "troll" in posts anymore, it's so overused as replacement for a weak argument that it's become like punctuation... and my eyes skate over the word.

But, Good Luck anyway. Your luck might change... soon. LOL
    richardat likes this.
    02-17-13 06:20 AM
    Gotcha... I completely forgot about you being a troll an' all. I use a Nokia Lumia, and I'm rather disappointed that nobody has risen to the bait (yet)

I tend not to see "troll" in posts anymore, it's so overused as replacement for a weak argument that it's become like punctuation... and my eyes skate over the word.

But, Good Luck anyway. Your luck might change... soon. LOL
    Troll
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-17-13 06:26 AM
    Troll
    SUPER troll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-17-13 06:35 AM
    Short selling.
    02-17-13 06:43 AM
99 ... 234