I realize it seems I'm a acting a little rash with a title like this but I have been long for a long time now. I can ride it out so personally I'm not in panic mode yet. However, I see new investors come in - get a taste of the volatility and then abandon ship. Now when you get enough people get burned by volatility you end up with bad sentiment. This can spread like wild fire. Its true that from September lows we have seen more than a 100% increase but I'm more concerned about how BB will hit the US market. They need to have all guns firing. If the Z10 is released the way it is now with no additional apps then it is going to be one tough road. The single biggest complaint I here from reviewers and analysts is that currently the Z10 is not enough to switch Android and Apple users. I personally don't agree because having had both the i5 and the S3 I think the Z10 is head and shoulders above. But... the S4 is coming soon enough and so are other phones. The only way to switch Android and Apple users to BB is give them all the big name apps and have a sweeter user experience. Perhaps if they ever get NFC payments going that will trigger a massive lane change. But right now BB needs to start leaking info that they are at least on the right track.
    02-13-13 12:20 PM
    At least you didn't call her madame. Rachelle might have the power of breasts but QBNKELT has ferocious ferrets.
    I've got breasts.....

And ferrocious (huggable) ferrets....

But seriously, the market will fluctuate. Unless you intend to short, you just have to white knuckle it.
    02-13-13 12:23 PM
    Remember 2 weeks ago... 18-13, then last wek 13-17, now this week 16-14...

This should ease your pain
    Vote for best Superbowl ad, please !!
    02-13-13 12:27 PM
    I've got breasts.....

But seriously, the market will fluctuate. Unless you intend to short, you just have to white knuckle it.
    This is a HOT thread !
    02-13-13 12:28 PM
    sorry... madame
    Ah....Respect.
    You learn quick grasshopper.
    02-13-13 12:32 PM
    That said, it's been 9 days since the phone officially launched so I don't know what you were expecting really.
    Stock prices to hit $100k a share?
    02-13-13 12:33 PM
    I've got breasts.....

I was afraid someone would misinterpret my comment. I should have said QBNKELT has the power of breasts augment by ferocious ferrets...but even that sounds bad. ROFLMAO
    BlackQtCoder and Vorkosigan like this.
    02-13-13 12:33 PM
    BB is toast in the US, end of story... What matters now is other countries, how will BB make a lot of money abroad

Forgot to add, BB is done in Japan as well
    02-13-13 12:35 PM
    BB is toast in the US, end of story... What matters now is other countries, how will BB make a lot of money abroad

So how many horse races do you win every year?

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    02-13-13 12:39 PM
    Ah....Respect.
    You learn quick grasshopper.
    LOL... sorry... english is not my first language
    02-13-13 12:49 PM
    They are not playing the game very well. The stock is plummeting day after day and Frank should be countering with news tidbits here and there. This drop is starting to make a lot of us investors loose faith. C'mon BB - step up to the plate and start playing the investment game. A great product means nothing in this world if you don't have investment sentiment. Where is Skype which was promised? Where is Instagram and Netflix. I know, who cares about these apps right? Well investors do - a lot! How about some sales numbers or something to counter the Home Depot debacle? If you don't get sentiment on your side now you are dead when you hit the US - period.
    Disagree, Blackberry should not react to day to day changes in the stock price, most successful companies don't. If the managers even follow the daily stock price, that's a bad sign, because they should be focusing on selling phones and profitability.

BBRY should be a long-term investment if you believe in the company. The stock has gone up 150% in 3 months, do you really expect it to go up everyday and not pull back on some days?
    02-13-13 12:54 PM
    There is a reason as to why we call ourself Crackberrians
    02-13-13 01:10 PM

US market is an unknown, suggesting its toast is like saying never invent something new and expect it to sell. Current Japanese market (for at least existing BB devices) isnt worth them chasing, now the licensing out the OS to a Japanese based hardware vendor could be...

I said this a long time ago, BlackBerry is moving to a similar model of IBM. SaaS. They will make some 'high end' hardware, but license out the OS and services for all the other tiers or markets they dont want to invest in.
    02-13-13 01:22 PM
    This thread is a good reminder to everyone using a BB device. The devices are powered by electricity NOT the stock price. The phone/tablet is what it is. The price could drop to $1/share tomorrow and your phone will still work the same. The price could spike to $100 tomorrow and your PlayBook will still work the same. The price of a stock is important to investors not the operation of electronics.

If you are a BBRY shareholder try this simple experiment. Pick up a share certificate and try to browse a web page with it. Pretty poor right. Next try to call a friend with the same share certificate. Even worse. It is almost like the share certificates are not very good as a communication device. Yes this is absurd but the fact remains; the devices are powered by electricity NOT the stock price. Thor and the board of directors at BBRY can worry about the stock price; I am only worried about keeping enough charge in my devices!
    ladeberry and AllynaS like this.
    02-13-13 01:39 PM
    The last I checked, BB stock is up 78% over the last 6 months. Spin it any way you want...BB is doing someting right.
    Tom689 likes this.
    02-13-13 02:02 PM
    I've got breasts.....

Awesome!
    02-13-13 02:24 PM
    Responding to it would make them sound desperate, in fact, people think that since BlackBerry is actually airing ad's they are desperate.
    The media will turn anything into a bad thing.
    02-13-13 02:27 PM
    Television advertisements for BlackBerry Z10 are almost non-existent in Canada. They should be using Canada and the United Kingdom as test markets for the effectiveness of their alleged marketing strategy. With 6-8 weeks between the launch in Canada and in the United States the marketing campaign could be tweaked as necessary. The only venue with a BlackBerry presence appears to be as a sponsor of The Dragon's Den.
    02-13-13 02:35 PM
    Television advertisements for BlackBerry Z10 are almost non-existent in Canada. They should be using Canada and the United Kingdom as test markets for the effectiveness of their alleged marketing strategy. With 6-8 weeks between the launch in Canada and in the United States the marketing campaign could be tweaked as necessary. The only venue with a BlackBerry presence appears to be as a sponsor of The Dragon's Den.
    They're coming to my HOUSE?!?!?!?!?!
    dglx3d likes this.
    02-13-13 02:40 PM
    ok, so the first thing to do when you see a big movement in stock, is to realise why. only then can you justify wether they should make any statement or other action.

todays stock move is (mainly) on the news of the overall mobile market actually shrinking over the last year, that coupled with the reports of no entry level BB10 devices this year seem to be the main influencers.

should they comment on the global market figures? obviously not
    should they comment on their comments about entry level phones? well duh they already did.

so no, theres nothing for them to comment about. As for how well BB10 is doing, id imagine that`ll be announced at their quarter/year end calls. theyve already put out a few press releases saying about huge demand and large than expected sales, so what else would you wanna see?
    02-13-13 02:40 PM
    They should be using Canada and the United Kingdom as test markets for the effectiveness of their alleged marketing strategy.
    errr no. marketing varies greatly between countries. most US adverts iv seen are imo rubbish, however they do well in the US. if they want to see how their US adverts do in the US, have a focus group of those from that target market.
    02-13-13 02:43 PM
    i've got breasts.....

you are driving me wild!
    02-13-13 02:43 PM
    No pics no proof we need to see them
    jimpilot likes this.
    02-13-13 03:43 PM
    No pics no proof we need to see them
    Here you go.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Blackberry is on crack-uploadfromtaptalk1360792109615.jpg  
    02-13-13 03:48 PM
    Not sure what channels you watch, but I saw the "Keep Moving" ad twice last night and I only had the TV on for maybe half an hour.
    northernrds likes this.
    02-13-13 03:49 PM
99 1234