God I hope not, blackberry needs to focus on software and phones. To even attempt this is crazy right now, maybe in 2016 I could see something like this. They haven't even been able to sell cell phone consistently yet, so no need to jump to a tablet. I own the first playbook and god what a mistake.
    richardat likes this.
    02-27-14 12:29 PM
    When Apple or Google makes a fully featured Tablet for $130 , I just might buy it !

To say we're all caught in a "BBerry bubble" defames our intelligence.
    02-27-14 12:34 PM
    Chen is doing the right things. He is listening to what consumers want. Those who don't like the PlayBook are obviously not his target market in this case, but the comment is spot-on - those who love Playbook, really love it. It is what brought me and many of my family members to BlackBerry. The PlayBook is what turned me into a huge BlackBerry fan. I still believe it is an excellent product, and hope to upgrade to a NEW PlabyBook before my old one(s) die.
    You mean "virtually everybody"? Even within the target market, sales were crap.
    richardat likes this.
    02-27-14 12:34 PM
    You know what's ironic, I love my playbook. Obviously I might have had a different experience had I shelled out 600 quid for it.. bit sometimes not having money is good. I saved up and bought mine for 180. It was my first blackberry device and obviously I am now on the z10. Switched phones last November. If the bb10 tablet system is anywhere near as good as the z10, which it should be, there's no reason for people to hate the product. I think BlackBerry's downfall might have been burning the bridge between them and former playbook owners.

I won't be buying a new tablet soon as I have nothing to use it for. I rarely use my pb these days because my z10 does everything so well.

I want a surface, but not the cheap one. The one that can run .exe programs. That woild.be cool otherwise idk if I'll need a tablet for a long time

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 12:51 PM
    Ok.....I'll continue to wait, perhaps foolishly - being half-a-bubble off center and all- but I'll wait.
    02-27-14 12:51 PM
    When Apple or Google makes a fully featured Tablet for $130 , I just might buy it !

But it was made to sell for $600....and bargain binned at $130. I know I got one when the price dropped
    02-27-14 12:54 PM
    I own a Playbook. It's nice hardware, but I reach for iPad or Android Thrive before the Playbook gets any action. Used for media only.

Let's just say.......Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!

Although huge BB guy, I will pass on Playbook 2.0. Just cause.
    richardat likes this.
    02-27-14 04:01 PM
    FOMCL!

Oh my. That's a good one.
    02-27-14 04:11 PM
    You know what's ironic, I love my playbook. Obviously I might have had a different experience had I shelled out 600 quid for it.. bit sometimes not having money is good. I saved up and bought mine for 180. It was my first blackberry device and obviously I am now on the z10. Switched phones last November. If the bb10 tablet system is anywhere near as good as the z10, which it should be, there's no reason for people to hate the product. I think BlackBerry's downfall might have been burning the bridge between them and former playbook owners.

I won't be buying a new tablet soon as I have nothing to use it for. I rarely use my pb these days because my z10 does everything so well.

I want a surface, but not the cheap one. The one that can run .exe programs. That woild.be cool otherwise idk if I'll need a tablet for a long time

Posted via CB10
    You mean a Surface Pro 2 that runs full Windows software. They're nice, though cost more than some iPads.
    02-27-14 05:11 PM
    I have a Surface Pro 2.

It's great. Sometimes the bugs annoy me and the windows 8 app store sucks.

But it is a sweet *** device.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 05:19 PM
    Talk about cognitive dissonance. "Everybody loved it, so it was a huge flop." What?

There are clearly still people at BB who never leave the BB bubble, and for them, "everybody" only includes hardcore BB fans. That's a very dangerous sign, and it looks like Chen still has some executives who need replacing. BB needs more fresh blood - people who know there is a world outside of BB, who can help BB compete in that world. If you don't know and understand your enemy, you will get crushed by them, every time.
    EXACTLY the part I laughed at. It's not like it was even a product where the tech reviews were good, but it never caught on with consumers....PB was....well it was the very model of...ineptitude. It STILL baffles the mind - I was telling people about this the other day - that the product came out so crippled. The worst part: the hardware was excellent for the time! Just a little more polish, a cheaper price, and the big obvious fixes - hmm...should we have email? ...and they would have had a real foot in the door in the 7 inch market :-(

As to new PB...as others said...it would be pure, pure, pure, pure, idiocy to release one in the near future. I can't emphasize that enough. If the z3 could sell enough in foreign lands, a really cheap tablet for those places might be conceivable at that time...
    02-27-14 05:24 PM

Actually the Asus memopad is full featured for about 130. The dell venue 8 is actually a nice piece of hardware for about 160, and you could get a kobo arc HD for about 100 recently. You need to get out of your BBerry bubble! ;-)
    johnnyuk likes this.
    02-27-14 05:29 PM
    Actually the Asus memopad is full featured for about 130. The dell venue 8 is actually a nice piece of hardware for about 160, and you could get a kobo arc HD for about 100 recently. You need to get out of your BBerry bubble! ;-)
    None of those are made by Apple or google.... smh

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 07:00 PM
    You mean a Surface Pro 2 that runs full Windows software. They're nice, though cost more than some iPads.
    Imo yes they are nice but I wouldn't buy them. I pads new are 500 for the smallest 16gb ones... that's not worth anything as I can buy a pc fully functional with that.

The only reason I'd buy a surface 2 is because it would be like a PC.. other than that idk wtf I'd do with an ipad. It would be like having a bigger screen phone honestly
    It's the problem I'm encountering with my playbook right now. Back when I still had my ipod I'd do my homework on the go with the playbook, run my class notes and power points through it and use print to go all the time. Now with the z10 I've done about 3 essays for my classes on docstogo on my z10. Today being the latest 750word essay I finished on it. I simply other than media purposes have no use for a playbook2 or a surface for that matter. Idk what an ipad offers over the iPhone either other than bigger screen.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 07:04 PM
    I would love the PB2. I got the frist but sold it off pretty quick. Hope the new one is better. I miss it.
    02-27-14 07:57 PM
    I won't suggest the playbook 2 to anyone... kind of sad to say that while I'm a big blackberry fan, but I'm also a playbook owner, all kind of weird issue with the browser and no update what so ever. (at least it work great playing music, I use it as a track player when I play music). How can we trust them again ? unless they actually fix the version 1 issue.
    Yeah, because version 2 will be the same as version 1.

*rolls eyes*

Quality Poultry - Channel PIN: C004B64D1
    Grumblegrumble and Nharzhool like this.
    02-27-14 08:21 PM
    It would be nice if they put a lite version of BB10 on the current Playbook. Forget Playbook 2. They should fix the first one they released.
    The current UI of BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.1 is better suited to a tablet than BlackBerry OS 10 is for a tablet. The underlying libraries for functionality on the other hand would be welcome. The current BlackBerry PlayBook is still useful in its present state at least for many of us. I miss email reading on my tablet while the message store is on the smartphone.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    02-27-14 08:32 PM
    None of those are made by Apple or google.... smh

Posted via CB10
    Ah... I didn't realize echo tango was being so literal. I'd encourage him to look beyond particular brand names as the be all end all. Even Google would encourage you to buy from Asus and dell. Again .. Living in a bit of a bubble. :-(
    02-27-14 10:29 PM
    Ah... I didn't realize echo tango was being so literal. I'd encourage him to look beyond particular brand names as the be all end all. Even Google would encourage you to buy from Asus and dell. Again .. Living in a bit of a bubble. :-(
    Pretty sure the Memopad is just a differently spec'd Nexus 7 lol.

In any case, this PlayBook 2 situation was a non-starter comment.
    02-27-14 10:33 PM
    Pretty sure the Memopad is just a differently spec'd Nexus 7 lol.
    Lol. Pretty sure it is too- in an ugly plastic case . ;-)..... different Cpu though so I suppfeatures ose you could argue its as differententiated as most android tabletthink s can claim to be. with mix of features between generations of nexus... Id call it a sibling.

I think it and the dell are the current low end champs.
    02-27-14 10:47 PM
    Ok.....I'll continue to wait, perhaps foolishly - being half-a-bubble off center and all- but I'll wait.
    Yes, I think so.
    02-27-14 11:15 PM
    I might sound childish or silly or just like a stupid fanboy, but I would REALLY, REALLY LOVE to have the new PlayBook if it ever comes out! I still use my old PlayBook 64GB WiFi religiously. Mostly for working purposes and it's perfect. Has never let me down. I love the size, the UI, the apps. BBM is sorely missing though (not a fan of Bridge) and E-Mail client is too slow sometimes, but still I adore my PB. And I've tried iPads, trust me. Those are good tablets. But PlayBook is just my thing.
    02-28-14 01:52 AM
    Lol. Pretty sure it is too- in an ugly plastic case . ;-)..... different Cpu though so I suppfeatures ose you could argue its as differententiated as most android tabletthink s can claim to be. with mix of features between generations of nexus... Id call it a sibling.

I think it and the dell are the current low end champs.
    haha, having a bit of a problem with auto-correct, perhaps?

Anyway...I think the PlayBook, just like the BlackBerry 10, would do well if they fixed up some features (which they're currently working on) and marketed the hell out of them!

We all know that marketing is key...this, in my opinion is why Samsung is the biggest player in the Android market - their products are great, like most of the big Androids, but their marketing is EVERYWHERE!

This doesn't matter that much to me since I do all my own research before I buy pretty much anything...but for everybody else, it can be a huge issue. Sometimes people buy things just because they saw that particular one on the TV where it might not suit them correctly...

Unfortunately, negative advertising does a similar thing...

I would buy a PlayBook 2.0 as long as it has LTE and Bridge (and obviously ran BB10 that received updates like the phones)...If I can have my one BBM account working on both devices - that would be nice. However, it would need to be an optional feature!
    02-28-14 03:51 AM
    Wouldn't spend a penny on another BlackBerry tablet, I enjoyed my PlayBook but switched it to a Nexus 7.

Funnily I wiped and reloaded the software on the PlayBook yesterday and tried it out, those Adobe Air apps are horribly slow / choppy compared to BB10.

The email client with its 30 Day limit is no good to me either! worked better bridged to an legacy phone for email.

I probably still wont part with it tho, wishfully awaiting a decent update to the old one. (one can dream)
    02-28-14 03:51 AM
    The current UI of BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.1 is better suited to a tablet than BlackBerry OS 10 is for a tablet. The underlying libraries for functionality on the other hand would be welcome. The current BlackBerry PlayBook is still useful in its present state at least for many of us. I miss email reading on my tablet while the message store is on the smartphone.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    I would be very happy with this as well. And I don't see why BB can't do this. So frustrating, especially knowing that the PB HW could support another SW release like this. They could call it PB 3.0, in order to keep it separate from BB10.
    02-28-14 07:55 AM
64 123