I have just received this notification is this from blackberry has anyone else had this?

The BlackBerry PlayBook was a double-edged sword. In one hand the PlayBook helped BlackBerry pave the way to BlackBerry 10, ...

Post via a very smart Q10
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    02-27-14 07:31 AM
    I haven't received anything like that. What was the rest of the message? Did it come through via email or PIN?
    02-27-14 07:39 AM
    Screenshot or other form of evidence? It's something people will expect, and even demand.
    02-27-14 07:39 AM
    Is it a news search notification?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...tablet-910011/
    02-27-14 07:44 AM
    Here's the screen shots

BlackBerry considering PlayBook 2 notification just came through...-img_20140227_135910.png

BlackBerry considering PlayBook 2 notification just came through...-img_20140227_140046.png

02-27-14 08:01 AM
    That's all it says?

02-27-14 08:02 AM
    Looks like an android news app.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 08:03 AM
    It only says that, am not sure we're notifications come from. I assumed they only came from blackberry??

02-27-14 08:08 AM
    It doesn't say a lot, but thanks for sharing what sparked the thread, and Tre already linked to the article I was bringing to add to the mix. Although, something tells me they may actually use a different name for marketing if this comes to fruition.
    fairycake likes this.
    02-27-14 08:27 AM
    Interesting..

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 08:29 AM
    it could be from the N4BB app

The BlackBerry PlayBook was a double-edged sword. In one hand the PlayBook helped BlackBerry pave the way to BlackBerry 10, meanwhile it definitely felt like a half-baked product. Nevertheless, it was a crucial stepping stone leading up to BlackBerry 10, despite its unfortunate demise.

But, BlackBerry tablet faithful will be glad to know the company is considering a PlayBook 2. Of course, what company wouldn’t in this day and age even despite failure. Though, don’t expect it to be anytime soon, says BlackBerry’s vice-president of global product management, Francois Mahieu.

“Would BlackBerry consider one day re-entering the tablet market? Yes. Will BlackBerry do it in the coming months? No,” said Mahieu to Pocket-Lint in an interview at Mobile World Congress 2014.

“When we launched PlayBook, beyond the fact that everybody knows that PlayBook was no a huge success, everybody loved it,” said Mahieu. “I wouldn’t be surprised if we have a meeting one day and I show you a tablet. We have equity in that space, but we’re not ready. We need more time.”
    source: BlackBerry Considering PlayBook 2, But Not Anytime Soon | N4BB
    02-27-14 08:36 AM
    Any other big mistake if they decide to move this way without making exiting PlayBook owners, bec they will be their big enemy for them in terms of advertising perspectives

Posted via CB10
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    02-27-14 08:39 AM
    Just found this article on N4BB

http://n4bb.com/blackberry-consideri...-anytime-soon/

02-27-14 08:54 AM
    It would be nice if they put a lite version of BB10 on the current Playbook. Forget Playbook 2. They should fix the first one they released.
    02-27-14 08:57 AM
    Well it's a bit of hope for all us who love our playbook. I now have a smile on my face and welcome this news for whoever and however that notification landed ;-)

02-27-14 08:59 AM
    I won't suggest the playbook 2 to anyone... kind of sad to say that while I'm a big blackberry fan, but I'm also a playbook owner, all kind of weird issue with the browser and no update what so ever. (at least it work great playing music, I use it as a track player when I play music). How can we trust them again ? unless they actually fix the version 1 issue.
    02-27-14 09:47 AM
    I could see blackberry come out with another tablet. However, it has been be different than the current stand alone tablets. My bet is that it will be coupled in some manner of speaking to your phone through an integrated bridge function. So you get more screen real estate, more like a hybrid peripheral device. I think this could be an interesting and enterprise friendly approach. QNX microkernel approach is ideal for this sort of application and it is something that can't be replicated by the competition.
    anon(4216152) likes this.
    02-27-14 10:13 AM
    Where do I order??!! Just hope my PB holds out until then!
    02-27-14 10:38 AM
    Screenshot or other form of evidence? It's something people will expect, and even demand.
    If CrackBerry were on the ball, they wouldn't have been scooped

http://n4bb.com/blackberry-consideri...-anytime-soon/
    02-27-14 10:41 AM
    I haven't had any issues with mine yet (knocks on wood), but I am going to do some serious thinking before I ever buy another tablet from BlackBerry...lol
    02-27-14 10:41 AM
    Maybe it's just my myopic experience with tablets, but my PB does exactly what I need it to do. Email, browser with a few games with the odd app, it works just fine. I use it to burn time at airports (I travel a lot) plus on the plane, games and downloaded news. I'm still not even using 10% of what it can do.

I should disclose, I bought it at a significant discount ($130) and I see others with iPads and think of the "best part of $1K" price tag and always get a little chuckle.......
    02-27-14 10:53 AM
    “When we launched PlayBook, beyond the fact that everybody knows that PlayBook was no a huge success, everybody loved it,” said Mahieu.
    Talk about cognitive dissonance. "Everybody loved it, so it was a huge flop." What?

There are clearly still people at BB who never leave the BB bubble, and for them, "everybody" only includes hardcore BB fans. That's a very dangerous sign, and it looks like Chen still has some executives who need replacing. BB needs more fresh blood - people who know there is a world outside of BB, who can help BB compete in that world. If you don't know and understand your enemy, you will get crushed by them, every time.
    richardat, Omnitech, jpvj and 1 others like this.
    02-27-14 11:09 AM
    Talk about cognitive dissonance. "Everybody loved it, so it was a huge flop." What?

There are clearly still people at BB who never leave the BB bubble, and for them, "everybody" only includes hardcore BB fans. That's a very dangerous sign, and it looks like Chen still has some executives who need replacing. BB needs more fresh blood - people who know there is a world outside of BB, who can help BB compete in that world. If you don't know and understand your enemy, you will get crushed by them, every time.
    Definitely.

I bought a play book in the first thirty days of release and returned it in under six hours. It's what first brought me to CrackBerry! 😄

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    02-27-14 11:57 AM
    And so the waiting begins��
    02-27-14 12:17 PM
    Chen is doing the right things. He is listening to what consumers want. Those who don't like the PlayBook are obviously not his target market in this case, but the comment is spot-on - those who love Playbook, really love it. It is what brought me and many of my family members to BlackBerry. The PlayBook is what turned me into a huge BlackBerry fan. I still believe it is an excellent product, and hope to upgrade to a NEW PlabyBook before my old one(s) die.
    02-27-14 12:29 PM
64 123