BlackBerry drives me crazy with their terrible handset marketing and communication.

A month ago BlackBerry said no more handsets. This in itself is confusing since it released the Dtek60 right after. I have seen and heard the confusion all over on this. I have had to explain this was designed by Alcatel several times in discussing BlackBerry.

Now BlackBerry announced a "last" in-house developed qwerty handset to be released. Further confusion as this is in-house developed.

The fact that they are selling handsets at all after saying they aren't making handsets anymore hurts sales, confuses people and is so typical BlackBerry. One has to wonder how this company is able to sell anything.
    app_Developer and pstrusi like this.
    11-11-16 08:07 AM
    Same old song and dance. Really not surprised at all.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-16 08:36 AM
    BlackBerry drives me crazy with their terrible handset marketing and communication.

A month ago BlackBerry said no more handsets. This in itself is confusing since it released the Dtek60 right after. I have seen and heard the confusion all over on this. I have had to explain this was designed by Alcatel several times in discussing BlackBerry.

Now BlackBerry announced a "last" in-house developed qwerty handset to be released. Further confusion as this is in-house developed.

The fact that they are selling handsets at all after saying they aren't making handsets anymore hurts sales, confuses people and is so typical BlackBerry. One has to wonder how this company is able to sell anything.
    No that's just what the media said about it.

BlackBerry said they were giving other people opportunities to build their devices.

That's pretty open and clear. Selected manufacturers can build devices for BB. And BB can make devices. I know people have speculated a lot of uncertainty but the BB statement is pretty open and clear about what is or isn't allowed :-)

Have fun dude :-)
    11-11-16 08:41 AM
    No that's just what the media said about it.

BlackBerry said they were giving other people opportunities to build their devices.

That's pretty open and clear. Selected manufacturers can build devices for BB. And BB can make devices. I know people have speculated a lot of uncertainty but the BB statement is pretty open and clear about what is or isn't allowed :-)

Have fun dude :-)
    If you read articles on the statement it was pretty widely reported that BlackBerry is "not making handsets anymore".

What should they have done?

1. Release the Dtek60 and any other phone BEFORE you say a word

2. Announce that future phones will be made to BlackBerry specifications by others. Big difference between that and "we will not be making phones anymore".
    11-11-16 11:53 AM
    It was pretty clearly stated by BlackBerry that they're no longer producing their own hardware and these duties have been pushed off to partners as this drastically reduces cost for them. Not sure what's confusing here....the only thing that's confusing people is the media who's basically written off BlackBerry for a long time now.

Posted via CB10
    rt2567 likes this.
    11-13-16 02:46 AM
    I've always said that BB is a much more efficient tool than any other cause many reasons: OS, PKB...etc but the Board neglected many critical trends like Updated Ecosystem, better specs...so as BB user for many years ago, I've come to the end with them because I'm not longer comfortable in a company that continues to walk on tightrope with its bad decisions. It's a sad that we all have to accept to work with a mediocre OS as android, but it's the reality.
    11-13-16 02:54 AM
    Yeah I'm confused as well
    rt2567 likes this.
    11-13-16 03:12 AM
    I've always said that BB is a much more efficient tool than any other cause many reasons: OS, PKB...etc but the Board neglected many critical trends like Updated Ecosystem, better specs...so as BB user for many years ago, I've come to the end with them because I'm not longer comfortable in a company that continues to walk on tightrope with its bad decisions. It's a sad that we all have to accept to work with a mediocre OS as android, but it's the reality.
    11-13-16 05:10 AM
    Android isn't a mediocre operating system. It's a great one that has many features and settings that makes the phones more personal. I always have had phone with Android and it has a lot of benefits over other systems.
    11-13-16 05:13 AM
    It's not that confusing. When Blackberry says that they are not going to manufacture any more cell phones they meant that there will be no more cell phone's made in house by Blackberry them self. The phone's that will be made from now on will be made of partners and under license. That's hardly confusing!
    11-13-16 05:17 AM
    It's nothing us Verizon folks will ever have to worry about it seems. I just hope my Z30 last forever as I don't expect there is a thought given to working with one of the "Key" US carriers around.

Posted via CB10
    rt2567 likes this.
    11-13-16 07:27 AM
    If you read articles on the statement it was pretty widely reported that BlackBerry is "not making handsets anymore".

What should they have done?

1. Release the Dtek60 and any other phone BEFORE you say a word

2. Announce that future phones will be made to BlackBerry specifications by others. Big difference between that and "we will not be making phones anymore".
    That's the problem. You can rely on what you read in the "media ". If you go to the official blog, you can read the correct announcement : they never said "not making handsets anymore ".

Posted via CB10 - Z30 STA100-5
    11-13-16 07:57 AM
    That's the problem. You can rely on what you read in the "media ". If you go to the official blog, you can read the correct announcement : they never said "not making handsets anymore ".

Posted via CB10 - Z30 STA100-5
    Ya gone are the days of honest media. Now it's sensationalized. Random facts filled with half truths. Regurgitated stories. And opinion laced. Everybody is a critic now what with every one writing blogs.

The American election is a huge indication of how the media controlled the facts. And twisted truths.

#luvmybb10os
    11-13-16 08:58 AM

Read again.
    They NEVER said "no more handsets". No more in-house handsets in the long run. Whatever is in the pipeline, is in the pipeline...

Communication hasn't really been too straightforward, but Chenspeak and through-the-Beard-mumblings are really not that hard to put together...

:-D

  "BB10 dead?" - "Let's dance the Danse MacaBBRY! ... or is it..?" ;-D  
    11-13-16 02:39 PM
    An arguably preferable scenario over the stupidly premature pre-announced BBOS EOL, fall 2011. Imo.
    11-13-16 06:05 PM
    I think you can blame the media for this one. All they said was no more phone in house and that they would look for partnerships to produce phones.

But who would read that headline?
    BlackBerry stopping in house production of phones but we get another manufacturer to produce.

Or

BlackBerry done making phones.

Click bate.

#luvmybb10os
    11-17-16 09:33 AM