It seems BlackBerry has no Plan to bring BBM to WP. I think I have to switch to another Messaging app. I use Lumia 1520 and Z10 and i only carry the Z10 because I use BBM. It's annoying to carry 2 phones. I will sell my Z10 and switch to another Services. Very sad.

Windows Phone Still Not Worthy Of BBM According To BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    anon(4044683) and menaknow like this.
    01-18-14 04:56 PM
    So BlackBerry itself is adopting the attitude most big name developers hold against BlackBerry for being not worth the effort. How disappointing.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 04:59 PM
    It seems BlackBerry has no Plan to bring BBM to WP. I think I have to switch to another Messaging app. I use Lumia 1520 and Z10 and i only carry the Z10 because I use BBM. It's annoying to carry 2 phones. I will sell my Z10 and switch to another Services. Very sad.

Windows Phone Still Not Worthy Of BBM According To BlackBerry - N4BB

Posted via CB10
    Well that makes one person in a world of six billion. They would be stupid to prioritize a Windows phone version of BBM.

Posted from my Q10 on the West Coast
    01-18-14 05:01 PM
    It would be nice to see it in Windows. From desktop to phone, from tablet to Xbox. BBM had great potential all across. Chatting on Xbox with BBM while playing a game....awesome though just a dream.
    01-18-14 05:06 PM
    Well that makes one person in a world of six billion. They would be stupid to prioritize a Windows phone version of BBM.

Posted from my Q10 on the West Coast
    1. 6 billion? 7.2 billion.

2. Wp has more market share than BlackBerry and growing very fast so be quite plz. It has more official apps than BlackBerry offer. Microsoft announced Skype app for BlackBerry too so why not be fair?

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 05:21 PM
    So BlackBerry itself is adopting the attitude most big name developers hold against BlackBerry for being not worth the effort. How disappointing.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. It's disappointing for BlackBerry to adopt this position. It also strengthens the value of Skype as a true cross-platform messaging service (with chat, voice and video to boot).

Sad.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by SmileDahling; 01-18-14 at 05:42 PM.
    01-18-14 05:24 PM
    I think they really should if they want to grow their user base. Not sure what other messaging apps are available for Windows users but by making BBM available they have a better chance of grabbing users who aren't loyal to any messaging app like Whatsapp, iMessage, Kik and Viber in the Android and iOS ecosystem.
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    01-18-14 05:28 PM
    True. Sad. I don't use windows but I really thought it was going to be full cross platform. I'm surprised at this kind of arrogance. Windows are actually the kind of phone I would use if blackberry doesn't make the comeback we all expect.

Posted via my BATBerry Z10
    milo53, buwee, JeepBB and 4 others like this.
    01-18-14 05:29 PM
    It seems BlackBerry has no Plan to bring BBM to WP.

Windows Phone Still Not Worthy Of BBM According To BlackBerry - N4BB
    Your statement is completely false. They have plans to bring BBM to WP8 when WP gets big enough. They even said that in the link. They are simply focusing their resources on the BlackBerry, Android and iOS app first. There is no short term plan to bring BBM to WP, but doesn't mean it isn't in the long term plan.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 05:32 PM
    I'm sure Windows phone will come once the Android and iOS versions of BBM have been completely featured out. Then we'll see the next phase of BBM which will involve Windows (desktop OS, mobile OS, and any other MS platforms).
    jkomo001 and Zirak like this.
    01-18-14 05:34 PM
    Your statement is completely false. They have plans to bring BBM to WP8 when WP gets big enough. They even said that in the link. They are simply focusing their resources on the BlackBerry, Android and iOS app first. There is no short term plan to bring BBM to WP, but doesn't mean it isn't in the long term plan.

Posted via CB10
    I understand that BlackBerry has to be quite focused in where they are spending their time and money, but I hope they develop a WP app sooner rather than later. Not that it affects me personally - I don't know anyone with a WP phone - but I feel like they can't claim to be truly cross platform until they do.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 05:37 PM
    Yh I don't think they mean NO PLANS EvER, and hey I still want a native Skype *folds arms*

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    01-18-14 05:39 PM
    BBM Not for all... after all. Though I do not own a WP, I hate this kind of attitude. Skype should pull its app and make BB to realize its real position in the market.
    Unbiased Tech likes this.
    01-18-14 06:06 PM
    After the amount of time it took Micro$oft to port the Android Skype apk, I can't fault BlackBerry for this.
    pmccartney and Thesmartmale like this.
    01-18-14 06:09 PM
    Don't care. I know no one on WP

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 06:10 PM
    True. Sad. I don't use windows but I really thought it was going to be full cross platform. I'm surprised at this kind of arrogance. Windows are actually the kind of phone I would use if blackberry doesn't make the comeback we all expect.
    I agree with everything you said.
    milo53 likes this.
    01-18-14 06:12 PM

Posted via my BATBerry Z10
    I thought that until I bought a Lumia to make apps for lol.
    NickMcBride likes this.
    01-18-14 06:23 PM
    Never say never, this doesn't rule out BBM completely just not right now.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 06:23 PM
    Tit for Tat!! First bring the native skype app for BB10 n then take our BBM... :P
    pmccartney and Thesmartmale like this.
    01-18-14 06:27 PM
    BBM Not for all... after all. Though I do not own a WP, I hate this kind of attitude. Skype should pull its app and make BB to realize its real position in the market.
    The Skype app they toke months to...port? not develop a native...but port

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    01-18-14 06:27 PM
    Don't care. I know no one on WP

Posted via CB10
    They do not care either because they know no one on Blackberry lol
    bbhuh, milo53, JeepBB and 3 others like this.
    01-18-14 06:31 PM
    Tit for Tat!! First bring the native skype app for BB10 n then take our BBM... :P
    Tit for tat doesn't work in business. Not when you're the underdog.

Welcoming and innovative. That's the attitude I want BlackBerry to adopt!

Posted via CB10
    00stryder and JeepBB like this.
    01-18-14 06:37 PM
    Arrange a meeting with Mr.Chen then.. lol

Posted via CB10
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    01-18-14 06:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    WP8 is as much an underdog as BlackBerry.
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    01-18-14 06:41 PM
    I still don't know anyone with a Windows phone. Not one.

That said, I love my new W8.1 Dell Venue Pro!

Posted via CB10
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    01-18-14 06:42 PM
250 123 ...